It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a fellow ATS member or two to help on a kickstarter game :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hi everyone! I've been looking around (started today) to look for another C++ dev to help on a kickstarter game with me and a few others. I don't want to say it out loud here what the game is but it's not something pevy and it's not something terribly big either.

Basically what it is, is a revival of an old SNES title with modern adaptation with classical elements. While the game itself is considered a parody, there are a lot of new and unique features to the game that will surely give future players a sense of addiction. No copyrights or patents are being violated.

What's the purpose of this game? Well, I want to get back in the game industry but am thinking about starting an indie game studio. Working on this game is more of a trial than anything. Not too big of a game, and not too small. The project is expected to be complete about 6-8 months from now depending on how soon we can find a C++ dev.

Beyond this, familiarity with SFML 2.0 and above is a plus since that's what we'll be using. We're compiling in visual studio 2012 but if you can figure out how to compile with your own IDE then more power to ya. We use bitbucket for the SVN and sourcetree for the client, but you can use what you prefer like tortoise. There will be some TCP-IP related work but it's not something that you're required to do if you can't do it.

As for payment, well... That's yet to be determined since we haven't started the kickstarter since we want the game to be at least 25% complete. The game functions right now but it's nowhere near completion. Hopefully though, your contribution will be well rewarded, but I'm aiming for $15-$20k/programmer but no guarantee since kickstarter is iffy. But bonuses will be given for every game sold.

For more info, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you more. I don't like to associate my real self with ATS's forums for obvious reasons which is why I'm asking to contact via PM's. Thank you for your time!

@Mods, I didn't see this as something that breaks the rules but if it is, I'm terribly sorry and you can whip me with a cat-o-nine-tails like I'm Mel Gibson.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

That sounds fun and interesting. Wish I could help, but all I have for net access right now is a Chromebook and so no Visual Studio 2012 for me or any graphics coding. That's for sure. Unless someone wants to send me a Windows lappy. But then again I think I'd rather die a horrible death than code in C++ again.

Anyway, I hope you find someone that's got the goods to help.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you're basing a game on an old SNES title have you checked to make sure you have the rights to do so?

I'd hate to see you put in all the effort, get a finished piece, and then have Nintendo smash you with the ban-hammer in the way they did to the fan remake/tribute of Streets Of Rage. Or indeed a great many other fan made projects based off old intellectual properties.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Still need someone? I'm willing to help out. Not sure how useful I'll be though >…

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

The basic concept is based on an old SNES game but it's not a clone of it, more like a parody which is allowed in game development. More-so, no patents or copyrights are broken and game studios typically don't care what indie devs do with parodies unless it's the Tetris corp in which case they take it as seriously as scrabble does. The original game ideas were already patented by people that never made games and no games were ever released with those concepts (seriously, get rid of software patents!) which is why we're just going to keep it simple by playing with an old un-patented concept as a trial.

Surprisingly enough, I got 5 or 6 responses on craigslist so far and I tried not to make it sound too interesting or anything revolutionary as a filter. I would have preferred to work with someone on ATS buuut, it seems no dice so far.
But I suppose in reality it doesn't matter where they come from, so long as they do their job well and they are good people. I'm not picking anyone just yet so there's still hope if someone here is interested =)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Umbre
Still need someone? I'm willing to help out. Not sure how useful I'll be though >…<

Still looking, but if you have skills in the matter please let me know via PM. Thank you =)

new topics

top topics

join