It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa finds Han Solo on Mercury

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Just too funny!

Solo has to be a few dozen football fields long also!

S&F

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

nothings ever gone to mars or the moon. Thats' just stupid. Hollywods gone everywhere though

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

spartacus699

nothings ever gone to mars or the moon. Thats' just stupid. Hollywods gone everywhere though

Prove it or dont say anything else.
I'm so tired of these clowns who say we havent been to the moon, mars etc, yet they dont have ONE SHRED OF VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE, just half baked theories
Get real people and take your tin foil hats off!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

spartacus699

I'll ask too: proof? Evidence?

So far your replies in this area are very lacking. Just because you say something is or is not true does not make it true or not true.

Try backing up your claims. If you can't, scroll up. You'll find a forum called "Skunk Works" that normally where highly speculative claims that have no supporting evidence belong.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well it's good to see that there are still some members on ATS with a sense of humour

For those replies I thank you

We all need a laugh now and then

Cody

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

as much as we have that it is on Mars (because someone told him/us/you so), at least he has a better chance for direct verification...

edit on 23-9-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

cody599

davethebear
I thought I had seen that Han Solo image before somewhere...

Here it is embedded on the front of a fridge/freezer, pretty cool though...

Mate

I want one, that's brilliant thanks for posting it

Cody

Yeah, my missus wants one as well now....haha.........

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

HomerinNC

spartacus699

Prove it or dont say anything else.
I'm so tired of these clowns who say we havent been to the moon, mars etc, yet they dont have ONE SHRED OF VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE, just half baked theories
Get real people and take your tin foil hats off!!!!!

They haven't been back, because they never went.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

So you don't believe we can land on the moon

But you do believe this

I have a weird ability that I haven't told hardly anyone about. I think I've had this for almost 20 years now. Funny thing is I've seen people make mention of this exact same ability in various forum posts. I tend not to think much of it though.

What it is is that when I'm in a room I can look into the room and actually physically see how negative or positive the room is spiritually. So if God's heavy in the room I know that, because I can physically see it in the air. The air in the room looks completely still. And then the opposite happens if and when I sense evil in the room. The air looks distorted.

and this

It's strange because I have various lists of good website business ideas. I might get excited about something, I'll work feverishly on it. Then I'll launch it, but then likely pretty quickly I'll think "this is dumb" or something like that. And after a few days I'll get sort of nervous so I'll take it down. this has happened several times actually. Now just today I stumbled upon several more good website ideas which I'm taking a closer look at. But again I'm just not sure what to do as I don't want to keep spinning my wheels like this. I do have one good idea I'm getting close to launching. Which I'm hoping will work. It's kinda like my "Plan A", but I feel as if I should have a few more plans on the go just in case.

And this is your attitude to life ?

I pretty much decided to completely give up on any career ambitions or starting any new businesses or websites. I'm so DONE!!! What's strange is my gutt was kinda telling me to give that up for a while. But I was just kinda going against it. So today I found out a few things about my situation. (has mostly everything to do with both the g=v and the tax man lets just say) And that's a long story, which I'm not gonna bother going into. But I just decided not to bother with anything anymore. Maybe take another serious look at things in maybe 5 years or so.

And you want to be taken seriously ?

Just saying

Cody

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

juspassinthru

cody599
Jeez it's only a bit of fun

You can find a spare sense of humour in your shiny new ATS locker

Use it wisely

Cody

Fun? Humor? Humbug.

I wonder how much NASA has cost the American public? Sorry but my funny-bone got repossessed, along with my country, in the legal action known as the Great-American-Fraud-of-2008.

Wait...Because of what you call "The Great-American-Fraud-of-2008", you think that everyone at NASA should be a be a bunch of humorless bureaucrats who don't know how to have little fun (such as they did with this Han Solo press release)?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ok that is pretty cool! S&F!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Maybe NASA and the George Lucas Corp (or whoever it is who owns the Star Wars rights) could club together and do their own one-way trip to Mercury to free Han Solo. They could have a reality TV show all of their own - to rivial the one to Mars. Or maybe a celebrity one - Celebrity Revenge on the Empire. Now who could we send ...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have to take issue with this kind of title. Did "NASA" find this? Or did the anonymous UK/MSN blogger find it?

The link the OP gave was for a UK/MSN, "trending blog" that has no authorship or byline to the article that was dated "3 days ago". t.news.uk.msn.com...

You have to look extra hard for the actual link back to the NASA page, which is at the end of the unattributed UK/MSN "blog". "of the Caloris basin "

The actual link provided by the UK/MSN anonymous "blogger" goes to a NASA/Messenger website:
messenger.jhuapl.edu...

At no time does NASA make the connection between Mercury and Star Wars character Han Solo.

So, The question is this: Where did the anonymous UK/MSN blogger get his or her information?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

That's a whole new thread

But if you'd like to start it ...................... I can think of a few people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I have to take issue with this kind of title. Did "NASA" find this? Or did the anonymous UK/MSN blogger find it?

The link the OP gave was for a UK/MSN, "trending blog" that has no authorship or byline to the article that was dated "3 days ago". t.news.uk.msn.com...

Or maybe I was just browsing, found something that made me laugh and shared it

Cody

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I like it. NASA is better than Richard Hoagland at his own art and they don't pretend what they're doing is real; they're in it just for the laughs. +1 million for them.

Did they use an actual model of Harrison Ford in those scenes or was it created on its own? I think it'd be real cool if they actually used a mask of his face in that mold.

Check this out:
geektyrant.com - George Lucas is Frozen in Carbonite...
edit on 23-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

You have to look extra hard for the actual link back to the NASA page, which is at the end of the unattributed UK/MSN "blog". "of the Caloris basin "

The actual link provided by the UK/MSN anonymous "blogger" goes to a NASA/Messenger website:
messenger.jhuapl.edu...

At no time does NASA make the connection between Mercury and Star Wars character Han Solo.

So, The question is this: Where did the anonymous UK/MSN blogger get his or her information?

Sure they make the connection, but not in the link you provided. I don't think that link was to the specific image in the OP's article. The original NASA/JHU-APL article about this is on the Messenger Probe's webpage is linked below:

messenger.jhuapl.edu...

This is a NASA/JHUAPL press release from September 13 (10 days ago) that was titled "He Will Not Be Permanently Damaged"...

...and the title of that article refers to a line of dialogue Darth Vader spoke to Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back, discussing the encasement of Han in the Carbonite.

DARTH VADER: You may take Captain Solo to Jabba the Hutt after I have Skywalker.
BOBA FETT: He's no good to me dead.
DARTH VADER: He will not be permanently damaged.

So based on the title of that article, I would say that NASA/JHUAPL made the connection at least 10 days ago.

edit on 9/23/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Han Solo?....Dang and I thought they'd finally found Jimmy Hoffa.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Who

Sorry couldn't resist it

Cody

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

what does that have to do with landing on the moon? That's real life! All that shows is you have a low self esteem. LOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join