Best author you ever read?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Amazing. Some people here read some real crap.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Would your post be included in that "real crap" list? Just wondering.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
J.K.Rowling? Dean Koontz?

Please.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
David Webber, Hoonor Harrington series and Erik Flynt, Ring of Fire series, Baen books, some on free library..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As of now

This Guy Just saying

Well worth a read

Cody

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ray Bradbury
Isaac Asimov
Robert McCammon---- Swan Song is awesome....a little out dated but worth a read every few years
Stephen King

for the lighter side:

Clive Cussler ----- I have read pretty much every book he has put out.... great novels,,,but bad bad movies LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Two authors I've recently stare reading;

Steven Erikson - his characters seem to be more rounded and his storytelling is in more of an adult vein than many others of the same genre.

Jo Nesbo - Crime fiction is something of a new venture for me. There's lots of crap and predictable stereotypes about but the author is easy to read whilst producing believable but complex characters and cracking stories.
Nesbo is definitely a multi-talented individual whose real life itself reads like something out of a novel.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Amazing. Some people here read some real crap.

Have you ever even considered the fact that a lot of people read books for purely entertainment value? Not everyone likes to read PHD material on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
At the moment (the last few years) my favorite are James Rollins and Steve Berry. Great fantasy and combination of science facts, history, archeology, conspiracy and fantasy.

But if I go back when I was growing up, my favorite authors would be Victor Hugo, Honore de Balzac, Alexander Dumas, Henry Haggard, Charles Dickens etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Anne Rice
Isaac Asimov
Tolkien
Bradbury

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join