It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, what makes you happy to be alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I happen to be of the opinion that we could all use a little more joy in our lives, so lay it on me:

Big, small, people, places, feelings, or thoughts. What makes you happy to be alive?

Cheers my friends!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Looking up on a beautiful starry night and knowing that i am sharing that magnificent sight with so many of you at that very moment.

I'm sure quite a few of us have shared such moments without even knowing it.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The way my nine month old son smiles at me when i walk in to his nursery to get him out of the crib after he has woken up in the morning.

Beyond words! Everyday is such a wonderful new adventure for him.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Freedom, I hesitated to say it since there are plenty of indications that I do not have it.

After careful consideration though, I have determined that for as long as it can be kept, I do indeed have it still.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Hell yes we do! Despite all the stupid bureaucratic BS i can still go out and do just about whatever i want without fear of reprisal so long as i'm not infringing on someone else's rights.

Best country in the world despite the best efforts of our goverment.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Judgement day

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

What makes me happy to be alive is MY LORD and SAVIOR Jesus Christ...Also, The very people in my life that have NEVER EVER left me, exited my life or side during any of my difficult times, whether they could help me through them or NOT!

What makes me happy is knowing that even though I came from a busted up dysfunctional family... I am working HARD at a happy and extremely FUNCTIONAL relationship and finding out that simply being HONEST and FAITHFUL as well as trying my BEST to make it work, is ENOUGH!!!!

What makes me happy is WATCHING my mother diagnosed with CANCER overcome it by simply BELIEVING that she could! I know and certainly understand that God doesn't work by curing every breast cancer victim or would possibly guarantee us all a positive "YES" answer to ALL prayers, BUT... what I do know is that what He see's fit to happen, will.. and those of us with a YES answer to prayers should be THANKFUL ...then use our lives for the very BEST POSSIBLE THINGS P O S S I B L E!!!!!!!!!!

Nevertheless, not all answers are Yes, and Healing... for those who didn't get a "Yes", and I certainly know what that is like... LEARN from it... and TRUST GOD that He has a BIGGER plan, and a better outlook for those involved...

I can honestly say right now, that I LOVE YOU ALL... I'm sorry for those who have been hurt disappointed or are now angry, and I am JOYOUS with those who were blessed enough to get their YES answers
TRUST AND BELIEVE!!!!!

For the skeptics out there, let me please say something.... I have a 1 in 3 chance of being diagnosed with Breast Cancer because of my mother's diagnosis... what you may see me enduring is this disease that I HATE... what you will NEVER EVER see me doing is BLAMING my God!!!!!!

edit on 22-9-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Pretty girls!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I'll be completely HONEST with you right now, cause that's just how I roll.... but PRETTY GIRLS do make this world go round

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Ever put a fourier series to a function, just to solve an infinite summation of an alternating series to find a numerical quantity in terms of pi?

Yeah, that's the stuff right there.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

WTF are you talking about? Also, how do you expect the REST of these folks, including me to relate when we are such a HUGE part of nothing but ANARCHY??

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

PhysicsAdept
reply to post by soulshn

Ever put a fourier series to a function, just to solve an infinite summation of an alternating series to find a numerical quantity in terms of pi?

Yeah, that's the stuff right there!

For me it would be seeing forum-tards raging over stupid things like what the gestation period of a chestburster is in Alien 3.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well I have cheated death three times now...well my angel has held his hand near me so I would live. I hold that to be true in my heart and these are just my thoughts.

I am truly thankful to be alive. And what truly makes me happy is my son and my little sister. God gave me chances I do believe and now I'm following the path that has been laid out for me. It's a hard and grieving path, but it's my path.

I also am happy that I have a friend in my life that means a lot to me.

Peace and love to you all
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Can't think of anything at this time.

There are things I enjoy ... like feeling a cool breeze on my face .. hearing the night crickets and the birds ... watching the sun come up at the beach ... watching my daughter grow up ... But since becoming chronically ill, life is endless work and I mostly look forward to whatever is next after this life.

Depressing .. but there it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

There isn't any one thing.

When my youngest granddaughter smiles at me and shows me her newest four teeth.

When my elderly pug Elvis waddle's over and get's his stuffed hedgehog and brings it to me, but doesn't give it to me. He just shows it to me.

That first mug of coffee in the morning on the front porch swing with my first cigarette (don't judge).

It's the little things you know?

top topics

join