It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Letter ‘Reassuring’ Employees and to Share with Friends, Family & Co-Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's getting kind of late here but I ran into this story and found it interesting. Looks like the NSA wagon train is on fire and they're trying to stamp out the flames. They have now sent a propaganda letter home with employees for them to share with family, friends, etc.

NSA letter of ‘reassurance’ employees to share it with friends, family and co-workers

Think all these stories about the NSA's surveillance overreach and abuses are getting to the folks there? Kevin Gosztola at Firedoglake has the details on a letter the NSA has given to all of its employees and contractors, which it tells them they can print out to share with "loved ones" to reassure them that their NSA-working spouse/parent/child/best friend isn't, technically, evil.

The letter suggests no self-reflection. It suggests no recognition of why people are concerned about both the breadth of the surveillance, as well as the thousands of reported abuses. It's very much a circling of the wagons approach, insisting that the coverage has been unfair and biased. Gosztola has a thorough debunking of pretty much the entire letter at the link above (go read it)

NSA Letter by Kevin Gosztola

The NSA must be getting worried about all the bad press their getting (which they claim is not true or is misrepresented.) They even promise they'll be sending follow-up kits to counter future news stories.

Don't know about everyone else but I wish Snowden and Greenwald would release all the rest of the NSA docs. Then the NSA can all get in their clown cars and take a long drive off a short pier with good riddance.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Oh my gosh. How could we have been so cruel to these angelic beings? They're only trying to protect us from ourselves. They're from the government, and they're here to help....

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well ya know they did bring a "Letter" with them explaining the misunderstanding.

Don't you feel better now? This makes me kind of optimistic as they're starting to sweat.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

While it took a criminal act to make this record public, we are deeply proud of this record and make no apologies for it.

Deeply, deeply proud.

It is time for us to begin the deprecation and elimination of official powers and officials though peaceful local civil legislative action.

It will take a while to get up the beanstalk but, it is the only path to the giant.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I agree greencup, it's time.

And while local cooperation and action are essential, I personally think we have first to evolve a little further.
I'm suggesting that it begins with individuals coming to an understanding of themselves, before trying to understand their "neighbour."
The process can take quite a while, but it's a peaceable occupation, and there's no rush.
And to whatever degree we grow in understanding, we likewise enrich the world .
Without bumping into the furniture.

mistersmith.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Bassago
Looks like the NSA wagon train is on fire and they're trying to stamp out the flames.

More like the NSA witches are saying 'Don't worry frightened frog, the fire underneath the boiling cauldron is an illusion. Let your heavy eyelids fall for evermore.' whilst the witches cackle and stack more inflammable tinder underneath the aroused frog.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is from the second link:

“Some media outlets have sensationalized the leaks to the press in a way that has called into question our motives and wrongly cast doubt on the integrity and commitment of the extraordinary people who work here at NSA/CSS—your loved one(s),” the letter suggests. “It has been discouraging to see how our Agency frequently has been portrayed in the news as more of a rogue element than a national treasure.”

"Sensationalized"
Really? The news sensationalized the biggest spying story in history?

"Called into question our motives"
Yeah we did. Spying on EVERYONE is kind of bad.

"Cast doubt on our integrity and commitment"
Just the NSA's integrity is questioned. No one could doubt their commitment to illegal activities.

"Portrayed in the news as more of a rogue element"
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck... it's a duck.

new topics

top topics

join