It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced to take flu vaccine or get fired.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Flu season is right around the corner ladies and gentlemen. Here's my situation... I landed a great job at a hospital, and a lot of hospitals all around the US are now requiring a flu shot or you get fired.

I can understand their point of view to an extent. Lots of sick patients with the flu coming in, very easy for an outbreak in the hospital, however making it mandatory instead of just promoting it a lot and attempting to convince the employees is still wrong.

I just moved out at age 20 and it's been 2 months since I got my first apartment. It's been...interesting. The "real world" really hits you like a brick wall when you first move out, but it's a really nice feeling at the same time. Feeling like I'm in control of my life and stepping out into the big world. This job was key to making my life at the moment go smooth.

While being a part time college student, I am currently working security at the hospital and making $22/hr which is definitely not bad at all for a college student and all at my age. Really landed a sweet job. However...You have to ask yourself how far you're willing to go for your beliefs. Lots of us here online are opposed to flu vaccination. I completely refuse to comply, no matter how dumb of a move for me financially it is.

I was approached by my boss for the second time this week today, and told if I don't get it by wednesday, don't bother to return to work. I plan on doing just that. I can get another job, and already got one lined up, but the pay is not nearly the same, and it's going to be rough. But sometimes you got to stand up for what's right.

I read a saying today, it stated "Someone who can't sacrifice anything, can never change anything."

How far are you guys willing to go for what you believe is right? Maybe we are all crazy and the NWO isn't real, but I know one thing for sure. Right, wrong, I rather follow what I believe in. No matter what, no matter how little, or how small the issue may be.
Keep on fighting the good fight.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by toast317

I work in a hospital , one of the top hospitals in the world actually.
It's a requirement for anyone that actually spends time in the main hospital to get a flu shot.
Refusal to do so, if you work in the main hospital, is grounds for termination.

This is common sense to me. Making it anything less then mandatory is not taking your patients best interest to heart.

If that is the hill you want to die on, metaphorically, more power to you but I am not sure what else you would expect in a hospital.

edit on 21-9-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Hi Toast,

You are in a unique situation. Let me give you some advice. Go down to the Department of Pathology and ask one of the professionals there what they think of the flu shot. After receiving their sage advice, come back and let us know what aspect of that changed your mind and allowed you to keep your job.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

i have never had a flu shot..and have never had the flu.
i wouldnt allow my kids to get shots either..they have never had the flu.
i have never been forced into it..and wont be...
i have read quite a bit about these shots and dont like what i read.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I see your profile says you're from philly. I'm in PA too. Lebanon. Maybe you know my hospital haha. You mention top hospitals out there...you working at Hershey? They really are a great hospital.

Honestly I know the vaccine won't kill me. Like I said I can understand being around sick people all day etc. It's just a matter of principle. I'm in no way trying to state how horrible the hospital is, I'm just showing that sometimes you gotta do what you feel is right and follow your beliefs no matter the situation.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yea your at a hospital, first of all, why wouldn't you want one and second of all, why wouldn't you want to protect the patients from what you might be carrying?

Lots of people in there that are more susceptible to that virus than healthy people.

You have more chance of choking to death on a peanut then having any reaction to a flu shot.

All this shot is doing is giving you a little taste of the flu so your body can adjust its anti-bodies to it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

toast317
reply to post by opethPA

I see your profile says you're from philly. I'm in PA too. Lebanon. Maybe you know my hospital haha. You mention top hospitals out there...you working at Hershey? They really are a great hospital.

Honestly I know the vaccine won't kill me. Like I said I can understand being around sick people all day etc. It's just a matter of principle. I'm in no way trying to state how horrible the hospital is, I'm just showing that sometimes you gotta do what you feel is right and follow your beliefs no matter the situation.

Yah, Lebanon is not that far!!!! Go PA!
I actually work at one of the hospitals in the city of Philladelphia.

As I said, if that is where you want to take a stand then great but just do not expect a job in a hospital as refusal of specific vaccines in such an environment simply won't work. While for you it is a personal choice that you feel you have to make and I am sure everyone can respect that but it is not in the best interest of those patients that may and will have a much weaker immune system then you.
edit on 21-9-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Do not trust the AMA...
You can stand on your own when you have experienced like half of your career years.....You know, by then you have clout and speak from experience.......OR.....you can be that level of an individual now.....and stand on the policy of truth.
Boss boy will learn a lesson from that, but he will have to spout other crap...as you inform him. He'll be affected.
It's spiritual warfare out there, set a policy for truth, and you are on the winning team, the money will be there...especially if God finds out you stand for truth in this world. No one starves or goes without clothes or a roof over their head when grounded in the truth of God in the Bible.
Yes you will think twice or more about the deal, yes you will get antsey a little, yes your heart will be a pounding....

It's not the mercury in the vaccines....it's the track record of big troubles resultant from the shot....my sister in law....ask her what she thinks about being paralyzed for two years....waist down....15 years later, it's still a little rough for her....
edit on 21-9-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Go to Walgreens™ or any pharmacy that sells flu shots and have Your friend get the actual shot. Come Monday morn, tell Your boss that You were out drinking and thought about and said "screw it" and went in at the spur of the moment...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Very difficult decision to make, I agree. I work on cellular sites and every so often may require access to a hospital's facilities as they are tall buildings which are conducive to antenna installation and also could have DAS installed. Part of the requirements to access are either I have to be recently, verifiably vaccinated or sign a waiver that I will not hold the hospital accountable should I become ill.

I sign the waiver; maybe that's an option for you? Were I an employee of a hospital which required vaccinations, I would opt to let them terminate my employment rather than simply fail to show up if the waiver cannot be negotiated.

Do remember that should you become ill, they have to call in someone to replace you which means they may have to hire additional employees in order to ensure someone can be there.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Tinkerpeach
Yea your at a hospital, why wouldn't you want one

To the OP: Good on you mate...

A better question might be, IF vaccines were so safe, WHY are the MD's themselves refusing them to be used on there OWN families?

FACT: most doctors refuse to get vaccinated.

Approximately 1/3 of Doctors Refuse Vaccinations

Exposure to illness is an occupational hazard for the medical community. Doctors are among the highest risk population groups and most hospitals and practices make it mandatory for physicians to be vaccinated. Researcher and author Neil Z. Miller reports that approximately 66% of pediatricians and obstetricians refused the MMR shot in one study. An equal percentage of doctors refused the Hepatitis B shot, mostly citing safety concerns because of rumors of animal DNA contamination in the shots.

The American Medical Association's (AMA) Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine cite a 1994 study where approximately 1/3 of doctors were working without mandatory flu vaccines.[3] Yet the doctors blindly follow national recommendations to vaccinate every child they can round up (sometimes with as many as five vaccines in one visit).

FIVE BAFFLING VACCINATION FACTS

Over half UK doctors, third of nurses, to refuse flu vaccine

A survey of general practitioners published on Healthcare Republic, the website of GP magazine, found that up to 60% of GPs may decline vaccination. A much bigger survey of nurses published a week ago by Nursing Times found that a third of 1,500 nurses would refuse vaccination. But the biggest problem in persuading people and healthcare professionals to have the jab may be the relative shortage of evidence from trials about its safety and efficacy. Link

Protecting Their Own: The Unofficial Vaccination Policy of Doctors in the Know

I recently reconnected with a mainstream doctor affiliated with a large hospital and a thriving practice in the midwest. These were his words as they were spoken to me. For the purpose of protecting his anonymity I will refer to him as "The Doctor."

"You do not question vaccines openly. It's not done. I know I sound ridiculous here but it's like Nazi Germany. Really, I know it sounds silly. I mean, in our own groups, of course, we question vaccines all the time, among ourselves, but you never ever say it openly. You have to understand, doctors are scientists. We pride ourselves on our knowledge. You just don't question, they look at you like you're crazy.

I have to tell you to vaccinate because if I don't and your kid gets sick, I get sued. I am legally responsible. My partners are always telling me, "You make them vaccinate on schedule or they are out." You know you could get in a lot of trouble for not vaccinating yourself--you know that though--you have a medical background." Link

"One of the true tests of a fanatic is whether or not he takes his own medicine—or believes his own press releases." ~ Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D.

Many doctors and health‐care practitioners do not get vaccinated
and do not vaccinate their children. Why not?

• They know vaccines are not proven to be safe or effective.
• They know vaccines contain dangerous substances.
• They know vaccines cause serious health problems.
• They have treated patients with serious side effects from vaccines. Source

Dr. Gordon T. Stewart, head of the department of community medicine at the University of Glasgow, Scotland, is one of the most vigorous critics of the pertussis vaccine. He says he supported the inoculation before 1974 but then began to observe outbreaks of pertussis in children who had been vaccinated. "Now, in Glasgow," he says, "30 per-cent of our whooping cough cases are occurring in vaccinated patients. This leads me to believe that the vaccine is not all that protective." Source

50% of UK Doctors Refuse Swine Flu Vaccine
NEW THREE ONLINE LISTS of Vaccine Friendly Doctors State By State

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
While I agree that being forced to do something is completely wrong - and very unAmerican (originally), you're likely to be more harmed by the toxic air you breathe, the GMO food you eat and the fracking by-product water you drink these days. Keep your job.

Good jobs are harder to find than Fukushima radiation.

edit on 22-9-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

LewisStulePhD

Go to Walgreens™ or any pharmacy that sells flu shots and have Your friend get the actual shot. Come Monday morn, tell Your boss that You were out drinking and thought about and said "screw it" and went in at the spur of the moment...

And compromise his/her beliefs by lying? This person is just stepping out into the real world and needs to figure out what they stand for. Why begin that journey by doing what others, who have been on this journey far longer than them, do everyday, and hate themselves for it?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There isn't a single SCRAP of honest evidence showing vaccines work at all.

What about all those cohort "studies"?

They have ALL been thoroughly debunked.

SEVEN QUESTIONS ABOUT FLU VACCINES THAT DOCTORS REFUSE TO ANSWER

#1) Where are the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies proving flu vaccines are both safe and effective?

Answer: There aren't any.

#2) Where, then, is the so-called "science" backing the idea that flu vaccines work at all?

Answer: Other than "cohort studies," there isn't any. And the cohort studies have been thoroughly debunked. Scientifically speaking, there isn't a scrap of honest evidence showing flu vaccines work at all. SOURCE

I recently reconnected with a mainstream doctor affiliated with a large hospital and a thriving practice in the midwest. These were his words as they were spoken to me. For the purpose of protecting his anonymity I will refer to him as "The Doctor."

"The Doctor on Gardasil:

"Gardasil? What the hell is that? That shouldn't be on the market for another 30 years. We have no idea if we are causing this disease to mutate and become more harmful and stronger than it is now. No idea. We'll find out I guess. Anyway, I talked about this with my partners and they were adamant, "you have to give it to your patients." I told them I am not telling my parents they have to give this to their 9 year old. I got looks like--crazy. They thought I was nuts. My partners are saying to me,"you gotta give it."

I told him I was aware of over 90 deaths and life-altering adverse reactions as the result of Gardasil. He did not respond. ."

The Unofficial Vaccination Policy of Doctors in the Know

Here are some facts that are far less likely to be mentioned about the smallpox vaccine:

“..Chief Medical Officer of England announced in May 1871 that 97.5 percent had been vaccinated. In the following year, 1872, England experienced it’s worst-ever smallpox epidemic, which claimed 44,840 lives..”

“..In Scotland, between 1855-1875, over 9,000 children under 5 died of smallpox despite Scotland being, at that time, one of the most vaccinated countries in the world. In 1907 to 1919, with only a third of the children vaccinated, only 7 smallpox deaths were recorded for children under 5 years of age..”

".. Japan started compulsory vaccination against smallpox in 1872 and continued it for many years with disastrous results. Smallpox steadily increased each year and in 1892 their records showed 165,774 cases with 29,979 deaths -- all vaccinated.

".. In the Philippines between 1917 and 1919, the U.S. government staged a compulsory vaccination campaign which brought on the worst epidemic of smallpox in this island nation's history with 162,503 reported cases and 71,453 deaths -- all vaccinated.. "

The real truth, is that vaccines are the most important weapon in the arsenal of a corrupt medical system, which DEPENDS on people being sick. Vaccines don't actually prevent disease at all, which is why you regularly see outbreaks of "vaccine preventable" diseases in fully vaccinated populations. The true purpose of vaccines, is to attack that part of our body which NATURE designed to keep us healthy.

It's a pretty simple, albeit diabolical plan. And although most people struggle to see it today,

Protecting Their Own

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

This is where you decide what kind of person you're going be. Unfortunately for you,
at such a young age, this is a life decision. Make no mistake what you decide on this,
will define you and the rest of your days. Bow down and submit now ? And expect to
have to submit for the rest of your life. Or say no to such tyranny, stand and fight
the rest of your life.

But you already know all this right ?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sadly, most people who choose to ignore the truth about vaccines and believe the lies actually FURTHERS the agenda and propagates it.

"Much of what you have been led to believe about immunizations simply isn't true. I not only have grave misgivings about them, I would urge you to reject all inoculations for your child. Although I administered them my-self during my early years of practice, I have become a steadfast opponent of mass inoculation because of the myriad hazards they present." ~ Robert Mendelsohn, M.D.

"The medical industry is no longer to be trusted. We have a Medical Inquisition. The Rockefellers took it over way back and warped a lot of it. Our doctors are brainwashed. The Rockefellers are dedicated to population reduction and are using the medical industry to do it."

“I do not believe in Modern Medicine. I am a medical heretic. I believe that Modern Medicine’s treatments for disease . . . are more dangerous than the diseases they are designed to treat. I believe that more than ninety percent of Modern Medicine could disappear from the face of the earth – doctors, hospitals, drugs, and equipment – and the effect on our health would be immediate and beneficial . .

"Confessions of a Medical Heretic" Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, (pp. ix-xi-xv) Confessions of a Medical Heretic

Below is a sample from a huge collection of quotes I ran across here:

"My honest opinion is that vaccination is the cause of more disease and suffering than anything I could name." -Dr. Harry R. Baybee

"Vaccination is a monstrosity, a misbegotten offspring of error and ignorance; and, being such, it should have no place in either hygiene or medicine....Believe not in vaccination, it is a world-wide delusion, an unscientific practice, a fatal superstition with consequences measured today by tears and sorrow without end." -Carlo Ruta, Professor of Materia Medica at the University of Perugia, Italy

"Nobody needs to be confused but EVERYBODY better be darn well frightened about taking ANY vaccine, under ANY circumstance, for ANY reason, at ANY time in their life." - Dr. Daniel Duffy Sr. DC

"There is a great deal of evidence to prove that immunisation of children does more harm than good." - Dr. J. Anthony Morris (formerly Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the US Federal Drug Admin.)

"Under the guise of public health, genocidal agendas are being facilitated all over the world, often at gunpoint, through the mass and mandated delivery of vaccines, toxic chemical pesticides, herbicides, pharmaceutical drugs, processed foods and contaminated water." --Don Harkins

"The evidence for indicting immunisations for SIDS is circumstantial, but compelling. However, the keepers of the keys to medical-research funds are not interested in researching this very important lead to the cause of an ongoing, and possibly preventable, tragedy. Anything that implies that immunisations are not the greatest medical advance in the history of public health is ignored or ridiculed. Can you imagine the economic and political import of discovering that immunisations are killing thousands of babies?" --Dr. Douglass M.D.

“My thirty years experience as a family doctor in the healing arts have convinced me that the greatest threat to life and health in the 21st century, is no longer atomic bombs and nuclear power. The greatest threat to our health today is (by far) the medical community, and one of their most dangerous tools is vaccination - particularly the horrific procedure of injecting foreign protein into newborn infants! --Dr Daniel Duffy Sr. DC

"This..forced me to look into the question of vaccination further, and the further I looked the more shocked I became. I found that the whole vaccine business was indeed a gigantic hoax. Most doctors are convinced that they are useful, but if you look at the proper statistics and study the instances of these diseases you will realise that this is not so . . . My final conclusion after forty years or more in this business [medicine] is that the unofficial policy of the World Health Organisation and the unofficial policy of the 'Save the Children's Fund' and ... [other vaccine promoting] organisations is one of murder and genocide. . . . I cannot see any other possible explanation. . . . You cannot immunise sick children, malnourished children, and expect to get away with it. You'll kill far more children than would have died from natural infection." --Dr Kalokerinos MD

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach
Yea your at a hospital, first of all, why wouldn't you want one and second of all, why wouldn't you want to protect the patients from what you might be carrying?

Lots of people in there that are more susceptible to that virus than healthy people.

You have more chance of choking to death on a peanut then having any reaction to a flu shot.

All this shot is doing is giving you a little taste of the flu so your body can adjust its anti-bodies to it.

Well firstly to your question of protecting the patients from what I might be carrying, besides the flu shot I was tested (multiple occasions) for a bunch of other things, and I accept other vaccinations. The flu shot is just very sketchy to me and there are lot of articles on this site you can read as to why.
I do care about our patients don't get me wrong, but I've seen people who get the flu shot every year still get the flu almost every year while I only got it once when I was just a little kid, and the kicker is, I had the flu shot that year too. haha.

You're right with your last statement though. It gives you a higher percent to resist the flu, but there are so many other side effects that have been linked to flu shots, and with the conspiracies around them...I just refuse to take it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
toast --
google Dr Sherry Tenpenny. She is an MD who now does alternative medicine. She has much info about vaccines and why people should avoid them.

drtenpenny.com...
edit on 22-9-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I must have missed the news stories of the millions of people who have dropped dead from the flu vaccine.

We need to stop this madness.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

abecedarian
Very difficult decision to make, I agree. I work on cellular sites and every so often may require access to a hospital's facilities as they are tall buildings which are conducive to antenna installation and also could have DAS installed. Part of the requirements to access are either I have to be recently, verifiably vaccinated or sign a waiver that I will not hold the hospital accountable should I become ill.

I sign the waiver; maybe that's an option for you? Were I an employee of a hospital which required vaccinations, I would opt to let them terminate my employment rather than simply fail to show up if the waiver cannot be negotiated.

Do remember that should you become ill, they have to call in someone to replace you which means they may have to hire additional employees in order to ensure someone can be there.

I wish I could give them a 2 weeks notice to quit, I really do. Cause I know such short notice is going to screw over my co-workers with that missing persons shift needing covered and I have nothing against them, but it's just the way things are. Tuesday after work I'll put in my notice of my immediate resignation. Not a day sooner then Tuesday because I want to soak up as much hours as possible, however cheap that might be, cause they will want to fire me on the spot as soon as I do that.
Great co-workers suffer at the hands of bad management sadly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join