It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing GTA 5's New Liberal Superhero - Impotent Rage!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So Rockstar keeps up the political trolling in GTA 5 with the introduction of a new cartoon based on Al Gore on steroids, Impotent Rage! Watch him wage a war on middle-America through organized unions, shutting down infrastructure and handing out tax funded welfare all while flying around in his private jet!

On the flip side, here are the Republican Space Rangers from GTA 4. I love how Rockstar is able to make fun of both sides of the paradigm and President Zane is a clear jab at President Obama

All laughs aside, it's strange to see how much truth there is in satire. Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
That's total satire on Republican messaging: He's "impotent (powerless) rage" but he's a powerful tyrant, riffing on the incoherent mixed messages you hear coming out of the political scene. At least I assume that's what it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

I started playing it but about 20 minutes into the Franklin campaign I had to shut it off. They use the "F" and "N" word so much it was horrible.

I get the idea of using adult content but they just went way overboard kinda like they are trying to prove how badass they are or something.

Nobody actually talks like that in real-life.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

I started playing it but about 20 minutes into the Franklin campaign I had to shut it off. They use the "F" and "N" word so much it was horrible.

I get the idea of using adult content but they just went way overboard kinda like they are trying to prove how badass they are or something.

I can tell that you have no idea what you're taking about.

This is Rockstar's image and there no sugar coating in take pride of their games. All gta games are like this.

In the real world behind the life of plastic tale tells, people really do talk like that and have no problem telling you how it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

Its the 5th game of the franchise--what were you were expecting Nintendogs or Bejewled?

Overboard? You dont get out much do you?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've played all the GTA games and yes, they've all been rough and I understand that. This one is just going beyond the grit and going way overboard as to be realistic.

Its like they are saying, "hey we can use the "f" and "n" word so lets make our guy say it every other word just because we can.

Its going for a shock value and not being used to convey the climate of the character in the game. Really ruined the immersion for me because I was just sitting there going, "really", they think that's making their game hardcore or something?

Sounds like something a 4th grader repeats constantly when they discover a new filthy word.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

In California (Where the game world is based off) many people really do act and talk like the way they do in the game.
edit on 22-9-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

1Providence1

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

In California (Where the game world is based off) many people really do act and talk like the way they do in the game.

Well I lived in LA for over 10 years and I can tell you that they do not. Probably because I know the exact area that the game is based off of and how far off the mark they actually were, that it seems they were making the game more based on stereotypes rather than actual research.

Did they actually spend time in Long Beach or Anaheim, or Huntington before making this game?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

I talk like this in "real-life", why don't you grow some chest hair?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach
I've played all the GTA games and yes, they've all been rough and I understand that. This one is just going beyond the grit and going way overboard as to be realistic.

Its like they are saying, "hey we can use the "f" and "n" word so lets make our guy say it every other word just because we can.

Its going for a shock value and not being used to convey the climate of the character in the game. Really ruined the immersion for me because I was just sitting there going, "really", they think that's making their game hardcore or something?

Sounds like something a 4th grader repeats constantly when they discover a new filthy word.

Then don't play the game. First of all, your are dumb for buying it. GTA is all about going everything that is completely wrong and making it more badass, in a game. Everyone and their mother knows this, so if you are not into it, why did you buy it, and waist time telling people what your opinion is, when no one cares. I know people that are teenagers, and that are retired that are loving this game. Go buy a Nintendo Wii and play Mario.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach

1Providence1

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

Well I lived in LA for over 10 years and I can tell you that they do not. Probably because I know the exact area that the game is based off of and how far off the mark they actually were, that it seems they were making the game more based on stereotypes rather than actual research.

Did they actually spend time in Long Beach or Anaheim, or Huntington before making this game?

Thats a little hyperbolic--All I would need to say would be "I lived in LA for 20 years and I did/knew people who speak like that"

I have not found any more profanity in it than any of the previous games of the franchise; Being that this was the first game of said franchise to be released here in Australia under the R 18+ category, I have noticed an instance which would have caused the game RC (Refused Classification) under the old OFLC classification system--but this was not any way related to the dialogue you had mentioned prior.

Harden the # up princess

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

Spend one day on a U.S. naval vessel and GTA will seem like it hardly has any foul language by comparison.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
its the greatest game ever so000000 who cares

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
*FACEPALM*

People are riding someone's ass because they stated they didn't personally like the game and stopped playing it. Nowhere was it stated that they were pissed off at the rest of us for playing it, nor did they indicate they were going to start a petition to ban the game, nor did they even do anything aside from say "Hey, I tried the game, didn't like the swearing, and turned it off."

Judas fricking Priest, isn't that EXACTLY what most of us who don't appreciate censorship want everyone to do when they get a bug up their ass over something? "Just turn it off?"

But no, for some inexplicable reason if even one person openly veers from the group it's suddenly time to roll out the assault squad. Again, FACEPALM, eyeroll, and a side order of finger twirls at the temple of my head.

Tinkerpeach:
Sorry the game wasn't for you. I'm sure that you can probably find somebody on craigslist willing to give you at least $50 for it. Heck, you might even try just standing outside Gamestop and offer it to people coming in for $50. Hope your next gaming purchase finds you more entertained and less personally offended!

edit on 22-9-2013 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach

Never played an online game or listened to teenagers at the mall have you?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach

1Providence1

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by Konduit

What about the GTA series would lead you to believe research and realism are important? Is it the getting to run around with a bazooka killing everyone and blowing up everything that makes you think, 'yeah, this just needs to be more real though.'

Some of you should just not be allowed near video games. I do not think everyone posting here is equipped mentally to understand the experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach

All those bad words really take the fun out of stealing and killing, huh?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I love this game! Haven't stopped playing it since Tuesday.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

1104light
Some of you should just not be allowed near video games. I do not think everyone posting here is equipped mentally to understand the experience.

Yeah I know shouldnt, but this will be the first GTA released since I'm on the new meds so I dont think I'll be repeating IRL any craziness.

Also my dent-puller is broken

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

burdman30ott6
*FACEPALM*

People are riding someone's ass because they stated they didn't personally like the game and stopped playing it. Nowhere was it stated that they were pissed off at the rest of us for playing it, nor did they indicate they were going to start a petition to ban the game, nor did they even do anything aside from say "Hey, I tried the game, didn't like the swearing, and turned it off."

Judas fricking Priest, isn't that EXACTLY what most of us who don't appreciate censorship want everyone to do when they get a bug up their ass over something? "Just turn it off?"

But no, for some inexplicable reason if even one person openly veers from the group it's suddenly time to roll out the assault squad. Again, FACEPALM, eyeroll, and a side order of finger twirls at the temple of my head.

Tinkerpeach:
Sorry the game wasn't for you. I'm sure that you can probably find somebody on craigslist willing to give you at least $50 for it. Heck, you might even try just standing outside Gamestop and offer it to people coming in for $50. Hope your next gaming purchase finds you more entertained and less personally offended!

edit on 22-9-2013 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

Except that at the point of you making this post the user had posted to this thread more than the OP--if they didnt like it that could say so and just leave (as they left the game due to their dissatisfaction with it; According to their claim). I think its fair enough to retort to someone clearly trying to derail the thread.

And guess what? I dont like the game either--I'm finding it just a new map to GTA4 without any real innovation other than some polish. But hey--I can be critical about what I dont like, not just have a cry because of the explicit language.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join