It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FISC data collections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just recently I stumbled upon a webpage that is probably not for public viewing, the web is full of tech loopholes. Anyway Verizon was contracted by the FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE SURVEILLANCE COURT to produce for the NSA/FBI telephony metadata

Verizon Business Network Services, Inc. owns, operates, monitors, and maintains data and Internet networks in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, Australia, Japan, and Africa. The company provides converged communication solutions, such as local and long-distance voice, messaging, and Internet access services. It also offers service level agreements on various Internet services, including dial and dedicated Internet access, virtual private networks, frame relay, Web hosting, and managed firewall services. In addition, the company provides network infrastructure, including network design, implementation, and customer management solutions; and data, dial, asynchronous transfer mode, digital subscriber line, and dedicated and bundled services, as well as security products. It serves residential customers, businesses, and communications wholesalers, as well as federal, state, and local government entities. Verizon

Anyway the webpage to the document, STILL CLASSIFIED, can be found here.

It probably is not that big a deal but I thought I would share.

A related webpage in pastebin regarding the very document above.

On June 5, 2013, the British newspaper, The Guardian, published a classified FISA court order directing Verizon Wireless to provide the NSA with telephone records of Verizon Business Network Services customers. In addition, national intelligence officials have confirmed the existence of a program within the NSA aimed at collecting information on foreigners overseas from the nation's largest Internet companies. Both of these programs are consistent with current law. McCaskill NSa response

edit on 21-9-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: Additional information.

new topics

join