It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration: House Bill Looks Dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
I am currently involved in legal immigration. I can 100% guarantee you that illegal immigration does effect legal immigration.

Then I guess you can 100% back that up.

Well I am glad we both agree it's wrong no matter who is getting freebies in exchange for votes.

Sure, but that points out an error in the system and not the illegals themselves so, why harp on them?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

daskakik

OccamsRazor04
I am currently involved in legal immigration. I can 100% guarantee you that illegal immigration does effect legal immigration.

Then I guess you can 100% back that up.

Well I am glad we both agree it's wrong no matter who is getting freebies in exchange for votes.

Sure, but that points out an error in the system and not the illegals themselves so, why harp on them?

Because they are taking advantage of it and there is no reason to reward them for doing so?

It would be like me illegally breaking into your house, getting you give me stuff for free via extortion using a legal loophole, and then demanding you legally let me use one of your bedrooms. Then telling you to not harp on me because I used some legal loopholes to steal your stuff after I illegally broke in and blame the person who made the loophole. Why should amnesty be given? The default position should always be enforcing the law unless there is a reason not to.

As I said, I am dealing with legal immigration at the moment, and the illegal immigration problem is causing problems. If you wish to think otherwise you are welcome to do so. There is zero reason to offer amnesty other than to buy votes.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

So no, you don't really have anything, other than an appeal to emotion, to try to back up your claim of 100% certainty.

There is zero reason to offer amnesty other than to buy votes.

I never said otherwise.

edit on 22-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well that a good point.

Well unless you live in a African 3rd world hell hole it not impossible to learn a new skill thats needed somewere even if its not academic!

Look at Australlia a few years back they sent out a call for manuel labours and buliders as they had a huge shortage. Some of those mexcian could have been diverted to Australlia legally were they would have had the same high standard of living as the USA but minimial chance of unemployment plus be there legaly.

Kinda think that some Immigration body should be set up by the UN which can help dircet people wanting to immigrate to a country that suits them and will accaept them legaly and needs there skills. And if you have no skills then a way to gain some. As if you have some sort of trade or Practical Education there will be a need for you somewere.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

crazyewok

Look at Australlia a few years back they sent out a call for manuel labours and buliders as they had a huge shortage. Some of those mexcian could have been diverted to Australlia legally were they would have had the same high standard of living as the USA but minimial chance of unemployment plus be there legaly.

Now that is a phenomenal idea.

New House bill - HR 4688376 Send all illegals in the US to Australia

Now that one bi-partisan bill I would support!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Jokeing aside though. Immigration does seem to be lop sided in the western world. Everyone seem to want to go to the USA or in Europe the UK.

There are plenty of good devopled country out there some with spaces that seem to just be forgotten.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Agreed. Most likely one reason for mass illegal migration is proximity. It's harder to swarm an island (no matter how large) if you have to swim. Though I've followed some of the Aussie politics lately regarding the boat refugee issue. Obviously some folks there are not too fond of that situation.

The UK on the other hand is having a real issue with this. Wait until the Romanian and Bulgarians start flooding into them shortly.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join