It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Demonstrates How To Deal With Open Carry Advocates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In the following video, a sheriff gets a call to go visit a bunch of open carry advocates, who were by the side of the road, in the rain, carrying those demonic forces of evil- guns.

I was surprised to see just how he dealt with them- courteously, professionally, and in full support of their rights as American citizens. Gun grabbers: weep.

Wanted to share this. We need more LEO's like this. LOTS more.

Note: I changed the thread title from the video title- because these are open carry advocates it seems like more than protesters.

So when was the last time you got out in the rain to exercise your open carry rights? Gotta hand it to them. I'm guilty. Never. But perhaps it's time we did.
edit on Sat Sep 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Who uh...
Who are the gun grabbers you refer to?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

1104light

Who uh...

Anyone and everyone in this country wanting to grab and take your guns. That's who.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thanks OP and you're right we need more LEO's like him.We also need to hear more about our law enforcement that do agree with upholding our constitutional rights. In listening to him talk I wouldn't be suprised to find that he is part of the ATS family.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

TrueAmerican

1104light

Who uh...

Anyone and everyone in this country wanting to grab and take your guns. That's who.

Where are these people? I hear about gun grabbers from the right all the time but never hear anyone wanting to grab those guns. Help me out here.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

1104light

TrueAmerican

1104light

Who uh...

Where are these people? I hear about gun grabbers from the right all the time but never hear anyone wanting to grab those guns. Help me out here.

I don't guess you've ever heard the name Feinstein, have you, for starters.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It doesn't get much more courteous and professional than that. Every department should take note on how to deal with citizens properly. If an officer is courteous and professional, then most people he/she deals with will be the same. If an officer is belligerent and disrespectful, he'll get the same in return.

Cops have a job to do, but they should also treat citizens how they want to be treated. The paramilitary-ism of the police needs to stop.

edit on 21-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

TrueAmerican

1104light

TrueAmerican

1104light

Who uh...

I don't guess you've ever heard the name Feinstein, have you, for starters.

What has she done to try and take all the guns away?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not sure why anyone feels the need to open carry, it does nothing but lead to problems.

I suppose if your just trying to prove a point it might be a good idea but who the heck goes to the store to buy milk and feels the need to open carry?

I'm allowed to carry concealed because of my job but I don't because, frankly, there is nowhere comfortable to put a weapon. Its always in the way or jabbing you in the side or something. I just leave it in the gun safe.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The problem with the average concealed-carry advocate is that average isn't good enough.

Qualified, competent and comfortable members of that community are no problem at all. They may make some people uncomfortable, but tough. They aren't doing anything wrong.

The problem - for all of us - is that huge "below average" idiot with holes in his boots, driveway and kitchen floor are all too common.

I know that nobody here is going to say that the gun owning public is smarter and more thoughtful than the general population, because it just isn't true.

So how to protect everyone's rights while protecting everyone from that idiot's rights.....?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Out Standing. As far as is in my Parish, you can carry a gun at your hip in plain site w/o a concealed gun permit.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach
Not sure why anyone feels the need to open carry, it does nothing but lead to problems.

I suppose if your just trying to prove a point it might be a good idea but who the heck goes to the store to buy milk and feels the need to open carry?

I'm allowed to carry concealed because of my job but I don't because, frankly, there is nowhere comfortable to put a weapon. Its always in the way or jabbing you in the side or something. I just leave it in the gun safe.

Because they think that Obama is going to storm their house any day now and they want him to see their gun. That is the message I keep getting. These people think having a sidearm will fend off the US military if used against them. That is all I hear. That and IT IS OUR RIGHT!!!!!!!! There are a lot of other rights I do not see people being so proud to brag about other than being gay. Maybe there is a connection.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

1104light

Tinkerpeach

Because they think that Obama is going to storm their house any day now and they want him to see their gun. That is the message I keep getting. These people think having a sidearm will fend off the US military if used against them. That is all I hear. That and IT IS OUR RIGHT!!!!!!!! There are a lot of other rights I do not see people being so proud to brag about other than being gay. Maybe there is a connection.

You're not in the US, right?

Hope not.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

TrueAmerican

So when was the last time you got out in the rain to exercise your open carry rights? Gotta hand it to them. I'm guilty. Never. But perhaps it's time we did.

I agree even though I have yet to open carry. I just don't have the personality or patience to deal with an ill informed LEO who doesn't know which way is south.

I always have my .45 on me and even purchased a very nice Blackhawk SERPA for open carry...which I have yet to use since I always think of what will happen if Badged Billy Bad Ass decides to make an example of me. I just can't submit and cower for him.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

1104light

TrueAmerican

1104light

Who uh...

Please... don't be willfully blind.
Gun grabbers - Obama, Biden, Holder, Reid, Bloomberg. Geez I only have 6800 characters left for this post and that's not enough.

ETA - Great post TrueAmerican!
edit on 21-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Awesome TA. Wish we had more like this guy. Professional and personable. How often do you find that amongst police(policy enforcer)?

I'll have to admit, we have very little problem with guns in my area. In Southern Illinois, guns are a given. Everyone has them, and the local cops or Sheriff never hassle anyone not breaking the law. The state police however, are a different story. They're jerks. Every one of them.
edit on 9/21/2013 by Klassified because: spelling

(post by 727Sky removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I personally think a particular someone is just trolling, instead of making those statements out of ignorance or curiosity.

Don't feed the trolls!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yep, being a jerk does little for your cause. Crap like these people give gun owners a bad name.

BTW, the only gun Joe Biden is going to grab will be from his own collection.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

1104light

Tinkerpeach

That's right. Lets bash the gays and the gun owners all in one fell swoop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join