It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure if this is the right area but Help me find a gaming mouse please?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hi sorry if this is in the wrong area, My corsair m65 gaming mouse is starting to annoy me the acceleration and lack of accuracy while in fps games is getting more and more frustrating. I had the Corsair m60 before this and loved it but 2 of them broke, im looking at either the logitech g400 or g500 im not sure which is the better of the 2? Im open to new ideas also if you have any ideas aslong as its not razor products ive heard very bad things about them.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Go with the G500.

I like it and it's lasted me.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Anything with Razer on it.....I use a Microsoft Habu ..old but goody...Gaming Mice

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

I bought a Razer mouse once and did not care for it at all. Was very disappointed, and I missed the side-to-side scrolling with the scroll wheel that I had gotten so used to with my Logitech mice.

If you only prefer a wired mouse, the G500 is about the best you can get and most recommended. I prefer wireless myself, so I use the G700 because I can't stand having any resistance from a wire. However, the G700 can be either wired or wireless, so, there's that option as well.

The G700 is the best wireless gaming mouse, and the G500 is the best wired.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure which is best but this one looks pretty cool.

Gaming mouse

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

DreamerOracle
Anything with Razer on it.....I use a Microsoft Habu ..old but goody...Gaming Mice

Only if you are okay with it breaking just out of warranty...

My tron keyboard just died on me today, Im not kidding, just went to turn on my computer and it flashed twice and died.

I like Razer but this isn't the first time something like thats happened to me, if only the build quality was higher, pay too much for it to break after a year.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I'll second that vote for Logitech on mice. Trackballs too, for that matter, as I have used as often as mice over the years. (Not so much for me on Keyboards...but I'm picky as ever on those....hard on them too)

I went all out on my last one with a R.A.T. 9 Gaming mouse which was absolutely beautiful ....when it worked.... but it was also about as fussy as my in-laws can be at times. It quite literally went bouncing down my carport one fine morning when it'd screen jumped and button lagged me just one too many times. lol... I can report those bounce amazing well. It must be the adjustable sections flexing as they hit concrete.... (evil grin)

On one of my machines, I have a Logitech G-5, and it dates at least 4 years back I'd guess. Not a problem except it's showing normal wear issues. It outlasted the computer it was bought with.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
After looking around and asking a few people im looking into buying the logitech g400 or razor death adder 2013 from what ive read they supposedly have the most accurate sensors?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Hello.

I've been playing with PC since '91 and had my fun with various mouses, including about 5 (+-1) razers, many logitechs, Roccat kone+ and some special brand names i cannot recall.

The best mouse for me, For Gaming is Zowie EC1 which i still have. It not too fancy, but it kills with raw performance. No BS software, just pure performance.

I would not trade this for any Razer nor Logitech. If i needed to choose between those two, i'd go with Razer.

Beware of Roccat with all cost.

just my humble cents

EDIT: i should note, that i've taken apart many of above mentioned mouses. The bad thing with roccats are, they are not very good quality. The whole brands quality is below acceptable imho. Durability is low. Only good thing i found out from roccats that they had very good Orion swithes for main buttons. IMO, you should open your mouse to really understand if its hardware is good or not so good.
edit on 21-9-2013 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

menneni
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Hello.

I've been playing with PC since '91 and had my fun with various mouses, including about 5 (+-1) razers, many logitechs, Roccat kone+ and some special brand names i cannot recall.

The best mouse for me, For Gaming is Zowie EC1 which i still have. It not too fancy, but it kills with raw performance. No BS software, just pure performance.

I would not trade this for any Razer nor Logitech. If i needed to choose between those two, i'd go with Razer.

Beware of Roccat with all cost.

just my humble cents

EDIT: i should note, that i've taken apart many of above mentioned mouses. The bad thing with roccats are, they are not very good quality. The whole brands quality is below acceptable imho. Durability is low. Only good thing i found out from roccats that they had very good Orion swithes for main buttons. IMO, you should open your mouse to really understand if its hardware is good or not so good.
Thanks for the info, im looking for the most accurate mouse i can buy for around the £50 range, ive never heard of the zowie before ill look into it though thanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

NP mate, one plus for Zowie is the most amazing anti lift-off effect. I don''t know whats that actually called but i mean that extra movement when you lift your mouse to air and back to change its location on the mousepad. It is really non-existent compared to all others i've ever used.

Zowie is the real deal for gaming, imo.

edit: whats more, its not too picky about pad surface either.

i still have nightmares about Roccat....

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

menneni
reply to post by LvSLoLo

NP mate, one plus for Zowie is the most amazing anti lift-off effect. I don''t know whats that actually called but i mean that extra movement when you lift your mouse to air and back to change its location on the mousepad. It is really non-existent compared to all others i've ever used.

Zowie is the real deal for gaming, imo.

edit: whats more, its not too picky about pad surface either.

i still have nightmares about Roccat....

Are you sure about the pad surface? i just came back online to ask you ive just read if you dont have a multi-coloured mouse pad it wont read the surface properly? i have a steelseries XXL black pad. It also said the drives for the scroll drive people crazy?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
gaming mouse
edit on 21-9-2013 by cr33p because: (no reason given)

I would pay $$$ for this beast

edit on 21-9-2013 by cr33p because: I forgot to leave the text in original post

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As unpopular as this stance will be among my fellow gamers...

...it's a mouse.
As long as it has buttons and a wheel, you should be okay.

Now, with that said... If you're desperate for accuracy, avoid wireless... and get a mouse with a high DPI (5000+)...
and if you're desperate for response times, go for a gaming mouse with a high response time (around 1000mhz is usually great).

Other than that, it's all about the comfort, the fit in your hand, and the way it feels. Personally I'd rank that as being the most important factor in buying a mouse. Great response times and accuracy means nothing if the thing isn't comfortable for a gaming session.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Well, i don't know what "the talk" about matter is, but i have had no issues whatsoever with my unicolored, black Ulti-Mat, nor with Razer Mantis pad which is multicolored. I use this black colored ulti-mat daily and it's perfect. I haven't tried it with smaller, metal or teflon pads. I have one Razer teflon pad somewhere if i could just find it.

There is some truth to the scroll-wheel, it can be annoying for some. But the idea behind the wheel structure AFAIK, is that it is built to last rough handling. You know the type when men play?
Lol sorry, couldn't resist.

The mouse, It is as accurate as it can be. Wheel, its ok. Buttons, couldn't be better. Feeling, generally ok in my EC-1 eVo, can't tell you about others.

To describe this mouse, i honestly keep thinking that this is The PRO gaming mouse. There is no gimmick. When this brokes down, i will try something new from Zowie. This has been my first product from Zowie but i guarantee, not the last. I have been looking out for their KB, should be ok too.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Awen24
As unpopular as this stance will be among my fellow gamers...

...it's a mouse.
As long as it has buttons and a wheel, you should be okay.

Now, with that said... If you're desperate for accuracy, avoid wireless... and get a mouse with a high DPI (5000+)...
and if you're desperate for response times, go for a gaming mouse with a high response time (around 1000mhz is usually great).

Other than that, it's all about the comfort, the fit in your hand, and the way it feels. Personally I'd rank that as being the most important factor in buying a mouse. Great response times and accuracy means nothing if the thing isn't comfortable for a gaming session.

I agree on the one of the highest ranking factors is the general feel. But strongly disagree on the noting that "A mouse, it's just a mouse"

I would not be worried about accuracy, DPI, even response times. Those areas have been perfected ages ago (internet ages, goes fast like dogs

But the thing in overall feeling lies behind the construct and hardware quality. The difference between mouses and mouses are enormous imho, if we are speaking about gaming mouses for gamers.

If you play games only sundays, maybe on some saturdays too, then OK. But if you game like any gamer should, then.. you already know.

With all respect,

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by menneni

Thanks again, its hard to choose they are all around the same price and ive read all 3 of what i want are accurate id just like the most accurate for the money ive bought 4 gaming mice in the last year for them all to break or be awful like this m65 im using atm

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
While im here can someone please suggest a good smooth gaming mouse pad? The steelseries XXL i have is awful i only like the size of it the feel is ridiculous

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by menneni

Is this the mouse you were talking about?

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1379948340&sr=1-8&keywords=Zowie+EC1

i ask because the only alternative to this is £20 more expensive which doesnt make sence?

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1379948340&sr=1-3&keywords=Zowie+EC1

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Hi, i just saw that you've asked this question, i don't know if this helps anymore but, the mouse i've been raging on, is the EC-1 EVO model, the second link of yours. I'm not sure what is the difference, i'd check that on zowies site.

Anyhow, EC-1 EVO has been the best mouse for me this far. Driverless, very nice feats and good components. Razer Deathadder OR some 500 series logitech would be my second choice.

Altho in general i need to say that Razer's quality is not always good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join