It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bison got away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There rest of the photos have been released following this image of a badly burned bison being chased by a grizzly bear.

(Spoiler Alert) To anyone that was worried about the wel being of the Bison. You will be pleased to know it got away.

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK - The man responsible for snapping the dramatic photographs of a bison being chased by a grizzly bear has surfaced, providing Q2 with 14 more pictures and the end to the tale.

Alex Wypyszinski had just dropped off his wife at work and had a few hours to kill one morning last April.

Wypyszinski says he likes to spend his free time in the morning snapping photos of wildlife in the park.

Of course, he usually has to search the animals out.

Click on the link to see all the images.

www.ktvq.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Woah! Those shots are stunning!

I guess it really goes to show, that where photography, and particularly wildlife photography is concerned, it really is all about being in the right place at the right moment to capture something unique!

I must add, that after being such an outright badass as to evade the bear, and do so while mortally wounded in the most painful way imaginable, marks that bison out as a hardcore creature. It's a shame that after all that effort it had to be destroyed for its own good, because with balls and determination of that sort, it is bound to be missed by its herd mates. What a fantastic animal!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Great photos of it getting away.
just to be killed by sick humans,
for getting away.

why not let nature take its course?
why not shoot the bear!

why do I see so many photos of animals sufering.
and the people just stand bye taking pictures?
they like to see babie animals rip't apart.
so they can get good photos.

why dont they Save the animal?
"they let nature take its course?"?
but when the FUN! is over THEN THEY start to KILL!!!

did you see the post about a lion eating a cow alive?
WHY did they not put the cow out of its misery???????

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The poor bison...! Well I at least hope that they put the corpse of the bison back out so that nature could take its natural course. And I am sure it would give the bear a well needed meal...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

So, let the poor creature suffer in pain for the rest of its life instead of putting it out of its misery, humanely? I don't like your logic in this instance.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The bison was put down because it was in a lot of pain and would have died a slow death. If I was in the same position I would opt for the same out come..

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
great image, interesting story. Buddha needs to watch The Lion King to understand the Circle of LIfe.

Seems to me the best benefit would be to shoot the bison, and let hte bear eat him. It is as close to "win/win" as you can get.

top topics

join