It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone real experience with "manifesting" and the law of attraction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
I am reading this book

"Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires" by Esther Hicks, Jerry Hicks (Abraham Hicks) and all I see online is raving reviews about those "teachings of Abraham".

Now, I am not "against" new-age and alternative/spiritual ideas...in fact I read and like a lot about NDE, the SETH books and much more and there is some good reading.

But I still have problems wrapping my around around the idea of "manifesting" and would like to know whether someone has REAL experiences where such a school of thought/philosophy has benefited them in real life?

I mean I understand the underlying philosophy, it is not hard to understand.

The above book (I have NOT finished it yet)...I find very simplified with cliches repeated and repeated over and over, I am at the 19th or so chapter right now and it's just the same blahblah repeated over and over and then about 1000x the word "vibration" thrown in.

Has anyone read those Abraham Hicks books..and what has it benefited them etc.?

By the way I understand very well that skepticism (or criticism) does well stand between an actual successful REALIZATION or MANIFESTATION process (obviously, to manifest I must be convinced that what I read is true and need to drop my skepticism)....but when I read chapter after chapter where it only says that my "vibrations need to be right" and basically only pointing out the difference between REAL DESIRE or FOCUS ON THE LACK INSTEAD (which of course is n the way of real manifestations)...but then I wonder what this book is when it repeats the same stuff over and over. I mean it's NOT rocket science: Yes yes, for successful manifestation I must truly believe and cannot focus on the LACK of something instead...it doesn't need an IQ of 140 to understand that.

Then......i would also be interested how the Law of Attraction actually works in terms of "logic"...here AGAIN I am understanding that a skepticism is NOT benefiting the manifestation process...but I can't simply help it!

Here is an example:

According to the above book it's all super-easy and all you need to do is "get your vibrations right", so to speak.
"Ask and it is given"

Now I want to manifest a red Ferrari.

Let's assume the red Ferrari would really appear - where does it come from? Who manufactured it? Who paid for it? Obviously a red Ferrari cannot simply materialize out of thin air...and someone built it and there must be a CAUSAL CHAIN OF EVENTS that is *explainable* how I may get a red Ferrari tomorrow. Would you agree with that? Or would successful materialization "violate" the law of causality/rationality? But then this would be the same thing as magic.

I would really like to know whether some people have experience with that.

Add:

Ok..obviously I will NEVER be successful manifesting a red Ferrari if I am not 100% convinced that there is a rational, causal chain that will make it possible that a Ferrari appears. (Short: It cannot work when I have DOUBTS, correct? I actually understand that.)

So..how do you erase the doubts? In the example of the red Ferrari (or whatever else)...how would I go about manifesting so that I can "rationalize" the manifestation of a red Ferrari? (You would simply "make something up" which would somehow lead to you getting a red Ferrari....and then convince yourself that this WILL come to pass...even if initially the "made-up" reason only has a very slim chance to be actual "real" or even be "logical" ???

One example....I could "rationalize" that I win a red Ferrari in a lottery/sweepstakes...however never actively participated in one. So..someone, somewhere drew my name out of a hat and I am the entirely surprised lucky winner of a red Ferrari ..something like that...I mean the Ferrari cannot be built and delivered to my door by Fairies
(There must be SOME rational causal chain, even if extremely unlikely..or how else could it come to pass?)

The scientific questions you ask are good, reasonable questions. The truth is no one has answers to the specifics of how negative/positive thoughts could actually leave the mind and influence the creation of events and things.
There are a lot of sort-of-paradoxes and nonsensical concepts that would have to take place like positive thoughts being transmitted on some type of energy. Not to mention that those are subjective concepts.

I studied LOA for a while and I don't know for sure if it's real or not. But most of peoples stories of manifestations could easily just be things that happen in the course of life. Personally I have had many goals work out fine, even when I was dwelling on negative outcomes. When people set their minds to goals they often do work out, sometimes very specifically. So in hindsight if they were LOA believers and practitioners then they would believe it was a manifestation.

Being that I was once into LOA I take notice of events and such. Even during depressed and negative phases many goals work out and life is full of synchronicities often, even without having the correct mindset or "vibration".

So I'm still skeptical. I feel if it was real people who are real enthusiasts would eventually learn to manifest things quickly and almost without limit. They could say to people "watch, now I will manifest myself as a movie star, then I will win a lottery and then raise 1 billion dollars for medical research. Then another billion for helping homeless people. No one can do that and no one has done that and I think everyone secretly knows LOA is not what it's supposed to be.
Or doesn't work as easy as books like to make it.

Has Mike Dooley, LOA expert and author raised billions for charity and helped to cure cancer and homelessness. No.
These guys write books in a super-confident style as if they somehow know every detail about LOA but if you think about it they don't really know. No one ever really says more than the original Master Key System, they just re-word things. For starters they should admit we do not know the physical mechanics of how LOA would work. It does not mesh with our current science. Doesn't mean it's false, but it would mean authors are being honest.

If LOA was real of course you could manifest a red Ferarri.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've been around the manifesting info for 40+ years. It took me about that long to make sense of it and present it to my self in a way that is self-validating and complete. I'm a portrait painter, and I put the knowledge in that context with two YouTube videos. However any topic can be applied for its use.
Advanced Portrait Painting Through Universal Line
The first vid is 2 hrs.
www.youtube.com...
The second is 1/2 hr and gets into the detail of a session to command your universe.
www.youtube.com...
As an artist, for me a picture is worth a thousand words, so my work is full of illustrations and live action footage.
It's also in PDF form on my website: www.ulineart.com
Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
don't doubt, Have good intentions, remain humble. yes it works.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

I haven't really read the Law of Attraction proper.....but I was introduced as a child to the concept of "you reap what you sow" and in my early teens my stepdad introduced me to some motivtional speakers who addressed similar concepts, but with a bigger pitch and more case examples.

My intro was more along the lines of:

Take a spiral notebook.
Write down long term goals.
Write down short term goals that will help you achieve long term goals.
Read it every morning when you get up and ask yourself "what can i do today to help me achieve my goal?"
Then do that step that day.
Make a brief journal entry about it at the end of the day as progress reports.

Lather Rinse Repeat.
Push through and keep working towards that Ultimate Goal.

Kinda stuck with me.
Doing good so far.
One day at a time.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

In my opinion, you can't violate the laws of cause and effect. Don't worry. No body has that kind of power. The individual persona, body and mind are incapable of being the cause of anything because they, themselves, are only effects.
edit on 14-7-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
On the other hand, some people are their own worst enemies.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

You might like taking a look at why you have all the living proof you could want, that you're only an ant in the scheme of things, when actually you're the sole commander of the universe:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i read this book, its very interesting even some real experienced share by author.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join