It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone real experience with "manifesting" and the law of attraction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I think that those people who write books about the laws of attraction want to share their experience but their techniques may work for them but not necessarily for others.

Everybody can do it but will achieve results which are in accordance with their expectations. Little expectation brings little results.

For those who are not sure where to start, they should look back on their life and pinpoint specific events where something that they had wished for actually happened. Then they should look at the mechanics (how passionately did they wish for, how long did it take to manifest, etc). They can learn from this and then develop their own techniques.

How it works? Is it really the way the Physical world interacts with the Astral world. They reflect each other.Therefore, If you were to place something in the Astral by way of your imagination and hold on to it with your thoughts, it will surely manifest. However, it would need to be within the realm of possibility. 'Possibility' is the unknown factor and ,with experience , you will know what is possible for you.

I have used the LOA for career advancement as well as property investment. A lot of business people (in fact most of them) use LOA without even realising it.

Manifestation can sometimes be very fast. One of my most cherished memories is the day a boiler failed in one of my properties just an hour before new tenants moved in. I desperately tried to start it by pressing the switch many many times without success. It was the weekend , in the middle of winter and I had no one I could call. I then had this strange notion. I decided that I would walk out of the property and there would be a Plumber's van just driving past that I would be able to hail. With this in mind, I stepped out and, lo and behold, a plumbers van went past . Too fast for me to hail but I noted the mobile telephone number on the van and rang immediately. He answered and made a U-Turn. The boiler was fixed within half an hour. Some may call this coincidence but not me. When I walked out of the building I really expected to see a plumber's van although the chance of this happening would have been seen as remote by others.

edit on 30-9-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The law of attraction has been contaminated the same way religions have all been contaminated. The game of telephone upon information passed generation after generation has turned a truth into a lie.

The law of attraction is as you lay open a thread of consciousness it is a TWO-WAY WINDOW upon you. If you focus on delivering love and kindness, this generates a resonant tuned port for that manner of consciousness to enter into you. If it is hate or violence you export, that is the tuned port for hate and violence to be upon you.

Consciousness generates tuned ports all of which produce two-way current flow.

An opened portal does not influence or change the inanimate world. It rarely changes or influences the animate world. Envisioning winning the lottery generates the portal of worshipping money, a dead, inanimate object which is idolatry. Nothing to do with any religion, everything to do with consciousness selections that produces either positive results or produces divisive results.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I have seen LOA work for both positive and negative instances. I used to date a person who was always expecting the bad, and when it got bad it was really ugly. I would try to push her in the other direction but she couldn't get her mind around it, she didn't realize she was creating her own misfortunes.

On the flip side I personally wrote down a list of things that I wanted in my life and read through them as often as I could. Slowly over the next year I began to realize that I had everything on that list, the one exception was the lottery, but I came to realize that I had all the wealth I actually needed.

Since then I've come across a few more books, video's dealing with LOA and from what I've seen it breaks down to a few things.

1) Focus
2) Love for something
3) Never limiting yourself

It may sound funny but there is a verse in the bible that describes it quite well, forgive me but I'll have to paraphrase it as I no longer ascribe to the good book as I once did.

“Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for; the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld"

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I believe one of the keys to the LOA is starting small and believing for small things. The tendency I find with most people when they first learn/hear about the LOA is that they immediately place their desire and energy on a really big ticket item (i.e. exotic car, dream home, winning the lottery etc.).

While it is possible to manifest these things it usually doesn't happen fast enough for the novice practitioner and they become discouraged then stop practicing. The real big thing that is happening though is the fact that with big ticket items there is a dreaded thing called DOUBT sitting in their subconscious which blocks any form of manifestation.

It would be the same if you sat down to the piano and wanted to write a symphony while never having any music training whatsoever. Would it be possible to write a symphony? Sure, but unlikely it would happen over night. However, if you practiced, learned, and built upon it you would soon be able to write a symphony.

When I first got into LOA my sister was about 12 years old. She picked it up really quick and since she hadn't been "hardened" off to life she took to it easily. She manifests things at will now and it's simply amazing. An example of this being at the end of the 2012 Red Sox season she really wanted to go to the last game at Fenway Park. She's young so she doesn't have any money or car so it's not logical that she could go.

I remember her saying out loud about 2 days before the game "I really want to go to the last game of this season". Well the day came and out of the blue a friend of mine who I hadn't talked to in over a year called me up with 2 free tickets to that very game.

This is just one example of MANY that she has to her claim of fame in my family. After she manifests something we always ask her "why don't you say that you want to win the lottery?" Her answer every time is "Because I really don't want to".

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
I am reading this book

"Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires" by Esther Hicks, Jerry Hicks (Abraham Hicks) and all I see online is raving reviews about those "teachings of Abraham".

Now, I am not "against" new-age and alternative/spiritual ideas...in fact I read and like a lot about NDE, the SETH books and much more and there is some good reading.

But I still have problems wrapping my around around the idea of "manifesting" and would like to know whether someone has REAL experiences where such a school of thought/philosophy has benefited them in real life?

I mean I understand the underlying philosophy, it is not hard to understand.

The above book (I have NOT finished it yet)...I find very simplified with cliches repeated and repeated over and over, I am at the 19th or so chapter right now and it's just the same blahblah repeated over and over and then about 1000x the word "vibration" thrown in.

Has anyone read those Abraham Hicks books..and what has it benefited them etc.?

By the way I understand very well that skepticism (or criticism) does well stand between an actual successful REALIZATION or MANIFESTATION process (obviously, to manifest I must be convinced that what I read is true and need to drop my skepticism)....but when I read chapter after chapter where it only says that my "vibrations need to be right" and basically only pointing out the difference between REAL DESIRE or FOCUS ON THE LACK INSTEAD (which of course is n the way of real manifestations)...but then I wonder what this book is when it repeats the same stuff over and over. I mean it's NOT rocket science: Yes yes, for successful manifestation I must truly believe and cannot focus on the LACK of something instead...it doesn't need an IQ of 140 to understand that.

Then......i would also be interested how the Law of Attraction actually works in terms of "logic"...here AGAIN I am understanding that a skepticism is NOT benefiting the manifestation process...but I can't simply help it!

Here is an example:

According to the above book it's all super-easy and all you need to do is "get your vibrations right", so to speak.
"Ask and it is given"

Now I want to manifest a red Ferrari.

Let's assume the red Ferrari would really appear - where does it come from? Who manufactured it? Who paid for it? Obviously a red Ferrari cannot simply materialize out of thin air...and someone built it and there must be a CAUSAL CHAIN OF EVENTS that is *explainable* how I may get a red Ferrari tomorrow. Would you agree with that? Or would successful materialization "violate" the law of causality/rationality? But then this would be the same thing as magic.

I would really like to know whether some people have experience with that.

Add:

Ok..obviously I will NEVER be successful manifesting a red Ferrari if I am not 100% convinced that there is a rational, causal chain that will make it possible that a Ferrari appears. (Short: It cannot work when I have DOUBTS, correct? I actually understand that.)

So..how do you erase the doubts? In the example of the red Ferrari (or whatever else)...how would I go about manifesting so that I can "rationalize" the manifestation of a red Ferrari? (You would simply "make something up" which would somehow lead to you getting a red Ferrari....and then convince yourself that this WILL come to pass...even if initially the "made-up" reason only has a very slim chance to be actual "real" or even be "logical" ???

One example....I could "rationalize" that I win a red Ferrari in a lottery/sweepstakes...however never actively participated in one. So..someone, somewhere drew my name out of a hat and I am the entirely surprised lucky winner of a red Ferrari ..something like that...I mean the Ferrari cannot be built and delivered to my door by Fairies
(There must be SOME rational causal chain, even if extremely unlikely..or how else could it come to pass?)

Did you not see one of the most popular threads on this forum?

“How the Law of Attraction Works”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To answer your:

"Ok..obviously I will NEVER be successful manifesting a red Ferrari if I am not 100% convinced that there is a rational, causal chain that will make it possible that a Ferrari appears. (Short: It cannot work when I have DOUBTS, correct? I actually understand that.)

So..how do you erase the doubts?"

You have doubts because you do not understand that you do not need to know how the Universe will manifest the red Ferrari for you. All you really need is the faith that whatever needs to happen (to get your red Ferrari) will happen.

This is not a "rational" Universe. The most important factor in successful manifestation is Faith. Read the 1948 classic "The Magic of Believing."

"All things whatsoever you desire, when you pray, believe you receive them, and you shall have them." Jesus Christ

Think about that. What does that mean? It means you must believe that you already have what you wanted.

If you really believed that you have what you wanted, you would not feel any fear about not getting it. You would be relaxed and happy about your object of desire. You would know that it's yours.

There are techniques that help erase doubts.
The most powerful is to live inside your dream of satisfied desire.

Get thee to a Ferrari dealership, sit in the Ferrari. Smell the new leather, feel the steering wheel under your hands. Memorize the interior and exterior of the car. Take a test drive. Get a photo of the car, keep the image in front of you at least three times a day (morning, noon, night).

In your imagination, drive that car, wash that car, see people admiring your car, talk to people about your Ferrari, you are a Ferrari owner. Best of all, take your Ferrari ownership into your dreams, fall asleep driving your Ferrari.

Silence is golden. Never mention to anyone that you're using "mind power" or "law of attraction" to manifest your Ferrari. No one else needs to know.

What one can manifest, is only limited by what you can believe. Most people don't believe that much good can come into their lives.

Incidently, I'm not really an "Abraham" fan. The teachings are okay, but a bit shallow.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
After being fired from a job a few years ago, and facing bankruptcy due to a large debt keeping myself out of prison. I was also in a very dark place dealing with My PTSD, depression, from my service, and battling severe substance addiction, I was presented with a few audio books, and reference material on this subject by a good friend. I put it all into action, with a nothing too loose attitude.

I put into action three things.

1. An awakening of the mind and spirit.

2. A secure job that would dig myself out of financial debt.

3. Knowledge and the road to recover from my hole.

In the last few years I have without a doubt noticed a huge change. Not only have I surged forward with a massive awakening, but I am in a very secure job, I am a month maybe two at the most away from making my last payment on my debt. And I have been clean for over a year, and I feel my mind expanding with the knowledge I have learnt to make these things possible.

It obviously hasnt all been as easy as it sounds, but daily affirmations, a switching of my mindset, a vision board, meditation and other aspects have truly turned my life from the path I was walking down.

Yes I slip into holes with PTSD and depression still, and I still have no idea what the purpose of all this is, but I can look back, and see how far I have come, and smile knowing I still have so much further to go

Namaste
~sacri~

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Sacri
After being fired from a job a few years ago, and facing bankruptcy due to a large debt keeping myself out of prison. I was also in a very dark place dealing with My PTSD, depression, from my service, and battling severe substance addiction, I was presented with a few audio books, and reference material on this subject by a good friend. I put it all into action, with a nothing too loose attitude.

I put into action three things.

1. An awakening of the mind and spirit.

2. A secure job that would dig myself out of financial debt.

3. Knowledge and the road to recover from my hole.

In the last few years I have without a doubt noticed a huge change. Not only have I surged forward with a massive awakening, but I am in a very secure job, I am a month maybe two at the most away from making my last payment on my debt. And I have been clean for over a year, and I feel my mind expanding with the knowledge I have learnt to make these things possible.

It obviously hasnt all been as easy as it sounds, but daily affirmations, a switching of my mindset, a vision board, meditation and other aspects have truly turned my life from the path I was walking down.

Yes I slip into holes with PTSD and depression still, and I still have no idea what the purpose of all this is, but I can look back, and see how far I have come, and smile knowing I still have so much further to go

Namaste
~sacri~

Bravo, Sacri! Thank you for sharing that inspiring story!

No, it's not easy, especially in a world that appears to be overwhelmingly negative, and sometimes downright evil.

There has to be the commitment of spiritual warrior when facing truly challenging appearances. Well done!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You posted this almost 8 days ago, NoRulesAllowed, and have responded to only one poster.

It's a very short thread so I read all the posts. Each poster has something to teach, I gave them each a star.

Isn't it bad form to start a thread asking for help and then abandon it?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
I am reading this book "Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires" by Esther Hicks, Jerry Hicks (Abraham Hicks) and all I see online is raving reviews about those "teachings of Abraham".

Now, I am not "against" new-age and alternative/spiritual ideas...in fact I read and like a lot about NDE, the SETH books and much more and there is some good reading.

But I still have problems wrapping my around around the idea of "manifesting" and would like to know whether someone has REAL experiences where such a school of thought/philosophy has benefited them in real life?

I mean I understand the underlying philosophy, it is not hard to understand.

The above book (I have NOT finished it yet)...I find very simplified with cliches repeated and repeated over and over, I am at the 19th or so chapter right now and it's just the same blahblah repeated over and over and then about 1000x the word "vibration" thrown in.

Has anyone read those Abraham Hicks books..and what has it benefited them etc.?

First of all, I'm not a fan of "Abraham." I realize there's a cult around this "group of disincarnate entities" "channeled" by Esther Hicks, so my opinions might offend them.

I'm thinking Esther Hicks is a fraud.

Don't misunderstand me.

Law of Attraction (LOA) is very real and ancient (Hermetics).

But I do not like the way the Hicks lied and hid the fact that Jerry Hicks was dying of cancer. Jerry Hicks died of cancer on Nov 18, 2011 at the age of 84. He did not use the "Abraham" teachings to get well, but relied on conventional chemotherapy. So much for his faith in the "Abraham" teachings.

I went to an "Abraham" workshop years ago, and was completely unimpressed with the knowledge "Abraham" had (very narrow, definitely not psychic).

Also another LOA teacher spawned by the "Abraham" teachings, Lynn Grabhorn is rumored to have committed suicide after being struck down with a horrible illness.

Lynn Grabhorn wrote a book, "Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting" (originally published Jan 1999) which became a big hit. The book is a fun read, I wouldn't bother with the "Playbook."

Then she came down with a mysterious illness and wrote,
"Dear God! What's Happening to Us?" (published 2003).

In that book, she described the agonizing pain she was experiencing. It sounded like Multiple Sclerosis to me. She was looking at assisted suicide.

Lynn Grabhorn died on May 5, 2004.

The institute she founded in 2000 refused to answer questions about how she died, suicide or not. I guess they were concerned that it might affect the sales of her books. The official story is that she died of cancer. The rumors that she committed suicide are persistent.

Jane Roberts, who channeled "Seth" also died of cancer (1984), she was only 55.

I'm not a "Seth" fan either, but I think Jane Roberts was a sincere & deluded medium channeling an astral disincarnate.

I do not trust "channeled" information. Info from the psychic plane is not reliable.

I would strongly urge you to read other LOA teachers, like Bristol or Behrend or Neville Goddard.

edit on 29-10-2013 by midnightstars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

criticalmindseed
For years we spoke of the perfect place to live/raise our kids, we spoke of details down to a lake & stream as well as ocean waterfront & beach, we yearned to be able to learn to live off the land, learn plant medicine & teach others but could never afford to make the dream real.

Now here we are, there was a chain of events and logical reasons we came to be here but there is no doubt that our intentions and desire manifested into our "dream life" We are the only white family near the first nations reserve and now are being asked to run their community garden and as well as being adopted into the band and are being taught plant medicine by elders.

There is so much to it but basically every honorable intention has come to fruition.

This is really a lovely story of manifesting a shared dream.
Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to share your manifestation goals with other people... unless you're sure they're on your side and on the same page with you.

I don't think simply wishing for a car will do, I believe that there is more to it.

That's right most of the time. Wishing usually doesn't have the emotional power to manifest anything. And yet, I've had plenty of experiences of wishing lightly for some small thing, and having it brought to me without any effort on my part.

I think because there was no resistance in me. In other words, there was nothing in me going, "You don't deserve that." etc.

There are people in horrible situations and without hope who would benefit from a manifestation of their honorable desire. Why are they not given what they truly deserve?

Why does the balance allow some to suffer & go without while others undeserving run the world ?

Yes, there is enough apparent injustice in the world to make one doubt Divine Goodness & Mercy.

One thing that must be understood about LOA is that it has nothing to do with whether or not a person deserves what they get. (I don't want to get into Karma -- very real, but tangential to this discussion.)

What does affect LOA, is whether or not a person has deeply rooted feelings of worthiness or unworthiness. Does a person feel that he deserves what he is asking for? Because if he does not feel that he deserves, that feeling of unworthiness alone will block the manifestation.

So let's look at this person who is suffering great want for the basics of life. What is that like? How do you expect a person who is starving to believe that he has the power to manifest the food he so desperately needs, simply by believing that he already has the food he craves.

That sounds like insanity and yet it's true.

The starving man does not know he has the power to manifest what he desires.

The starving man does not know that he does not need to know how the food will manifest or what channel will be used to bring the food to him. That is not his job.

The starving man does not know that his job, his only job in the manifestation process, is to mentally & emotionally experience the fulfillment of his desire.

So if the starving man, can discipline himself to imagine himself eating to his heart's content all of the food he craves, the food will come. But he must keep up the imaginal act, until the food comes.

But what normally happens instead? Instead the starving man, focuses on the pain in his belly, he focuses on his need, on the missing food. So what does he manifest? More hunger & lack.

Sometimes manifesting takes more discipline & persistence than most people can muster. Very difficult circumstances require extraordinary effort.

It seems so grossly unfair when you're suffering.

All of Life is a matter of Consciousness. It's not an easy thing to accept.

I do believe in power of intention but there is more to it that nobody seems to understand & until that is clearly explained there is no way to control it.

Yes, it can be far more than simple intention. Some teachers have explained the manifestation process clearly, but the actual persistent practice of the methods are key.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Galadriel

There are many more books about Law of Attraction (LOA) out there, and I've found some are much clearer than others, and especially clearer than those Abraham books. Not quite convinced that Esther Hicks is channeling anything. You have to believe in channeling if you are to believe their books.

I agree. I'm not impressed with either Esther Hicks or "Abraham" or channeling.

Mike Dooley has several good books on the subject (try Manifesting Change), and I'm reading one now by Bob Doyle (Follow Your Passion, Find Your Power). Sharon Klingner (spelling?) also has a good book on LOA.

I like Bob Doyle too.

Rhonda Byrne, who spearheaded The Secret (book, movie, website) (which btw got a lot of criticism), has a book that I think is called The Power, and I think it is a great LOA book. Many of the contributors to The Secret film have books of their own that are pretty clear.

No, a Ferrari won't materialize in your driveway. Mike Dooley's book does a good job explaining how LOA supposedly really works.

"The Power" sounds interesting.

However the Ferrari materializes, it will appear to be in completely natural ways. That way skeptics can always brush it off as a "coincidence."

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Galadriel

One small "example" of LOA in my life was when I wanted to go to visit a friend in Boulder and then attend a private "retreat" for a couple days near Colorado Springs, but I couldn't really afford the flight, car rental, etc., plus lodging.

I kept picturing myself going somehow. And then my manager at work kept insisting (I mean "insisting") that I go to a weeklong leadership program in North Carolina. I looked into it and found out they had a site in Colorado Springs as well, and lo and behold, they offered the same program there -- and you could stay at the Broadmoor Hotel (very very luxurious). I pictured myself going and adding in a couple vacation days beforehand so I could visit my friend and attend my private retreat.

My boss agreed to let me go to the Colorado location -- and I was able to have my work pay for the flight and rental car, and of course send me to the leadership program in luxury! So I was able to afford my personal retreat and a night in Boulder out of my pocket -- since my car and flight were covered by my employer!!!

To me, that was LOA in action.

Of course, LOA is supposed to be in play 24/7 -- not just what we consciously are "attracting" but our whole life is evidence of our beliefs, thoughts, emotions.

Excellent manifestation story!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

FlySolo

A few years ago I made a thread showing the results of LOA. It's easy to feel synchronicity when things are going well but when they don't? Ya, all down hill from there.

So true. Really takes extraordinary efforts to counteract negative circumstances.

"Yes yes, for successful manifestation I must truly believe and cannot focus on the LACK of something instead."

Sure is a ball buster if I may. One of the great conundrums with LOA.

Very difficult for most to accept.

"Let's assume the red Ferrari would really appear - where does it come from? Who manufactured it? Who paid for it? Obviously a red Ferrari cannot simply materialize out of thin air...and someone built it and there must be a CAUSAL CHAIN OF EVENTS that is *explainable* how I may get a red Ferrari tomorrow. Would you agree with that? Or would successful materialization "violate" the law of causality/rationality? But then this would be the same thing as magic."

As I understand it, you may not actually manifest a Ferrari but rather the circumstances around it so yes, a chain of events.

NoRulesAllowed does not understand that he does not need to know how the Ferrari will come to him.

This is another LOA truism that most find difficult to accept.

Most will not believe they will get something unless they can see the channel clearly. Not necessary that they know.

"So..how do you erase the doubts? In the example of the red Ferrari (or whatever else)...how would I go about manifesting so that I can 'rationalize' the manifestation of a red Ferrari? (You would simply 'make something up' which would somehow lead to you getting a red Ferrari....and then convince yourself that this WILL come to pass...even if initially the "made-up" reason only has a very slim chance to be actual 'real' or even be 'logical' ???"

You don't need to worry about the details but you have to be specific in your desire. Meditation helps.
I printed off a picture of a 2005 t-bird and focused on it almost daily for about 10 minutes. They're kind of rare, not too many people driving those but shortly I began to see them every day no exaggeration.
One can argue I was only noticing them more but that really wasn't the case. I really was seeing one every single day until I gave up. Now I see one about once every six-months.
Skepticism does play a huge role.

Yes, the fact that you began seeing t-birds everyday, was a sign that your methods were working.

If you had persisted, you would have had your t-bird.

You gave up too soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Twice! The first time was February 2003, I listed all the qualities I wanted in a new partner. Exactly one year later to the day, I started dating a guy who was everything I had asked for, the biggest problem was I had forgot to request qualities such as honesty, reliability, commitment, faithfulness etc, be careful what you wish for.......!

The second time, was oddly enough February 2007 , I visualised the home I wanted, a thatched cottage. I went through the whole palaver of opening up the gate, walking down the path bla bla bla. Now at this time, I lived in a 1950s home, pleasant enough and had not a penny spare, so there was no way I could make a choice to move home. But in the April, by I discovered a client of mine was looking for a tenant for one of his houses, a friend needed a home, so I got the keys. After lots of faffing around, said friend took on a different tenancy, I visited the empty house, totally fell in love with it and the client offered it to me at a very low rent, no deposit etc, so by mid april I moved in, later on, I discovered the thatch had been removed in the 1950's, which made me think, then I remembered my visualisation game, had a think and realised although there are subtle differences, my new home is 90% of what I saw.

Im guessing there could be other explanations, I will leave that to you to decide

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

eccentriclady

Twice! The first time was February 2003, I listed all the qualities I wanted in a new partner. Exactly one year later to the day, I started dating a guy who was everything I had asked for, the biggest problem was I had forgot to request qualities such as honesty, reliability, commitment, faithfulness etc, be careful what you wish for.......!

The second time, was oddly enough February 2007 , I visualised the home I wanted, a thatched cottage. I went through the whole palaver of opening up the gate, walking down the path bla bla bla. Now at this time, I lived in a 1950s home, pleasant enough and had not a penny spare, so there was no way I could make a choice to move home. But in the April, by I discovered a client of mine was looking for a tenant for one of his houses, a friend needed a home, so I got the keys. After lots of faffing around, said friend took on a different tenancy, I visited the empty house, totally fell in love with it and the client offered it to me at a very low rent, no deposit etc, so by mid april I moved in, later on, I discovered the thatch had been removed in the 1950's, which made me think, then I remembered my visualisation game, had a think and realised although there are subtle differences, my new home is 90% of what I saw.

Im guessing there could be other explanations, I will leave that to you to decide

I believe that both of your instances are examples of genuine LOA manifestation.

As you said, you need to be careful what you ask for. There are methods for refining what you want.

There's a tiny booklet "It Works" by RHJ first published in 1926.
In it, the anonymous writer, RHJ, instructs the reader to list what he wants. Keep going over the list, at least 3 times a day. He emphasized that it was perfectly natural to change the list, as one becomes clearer about what one wants.

As you already know, it's not unusual for people not to really know what they want. They want in vague terms. Making a list of what is wanted, is an effective way to clarify & refine the wants or desires.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightstars

Hello, midnightstars , I like the way you explain it. I used to be a fan of Abraham but then I got bored with their repetitive messages and realized I was just "longing" for things.

Abraham even says:

"We are ETERNALLY INCOMPLETE"

That always sounded strange to me, I wanted fulfillment not feeling incomplete...

Anyway, I now understand it isn't about "wishing" or "visualizing" but actually pretending in order to feel like it is a reality, thanks for clarifying.

For a while I just resorted to appreciating what I have because that always yield good resorts but now that I know this, I will actively manifest again, thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

arpgme
reply to post by midnightstars

Hello, midnightstars , I like the way you explain it. I used to be a fan of Abraham but then I got bored with their repetitive messages and realized I was just "longing" for things.

Abraham even says:

"We are ETERNALLY INCOMPLETE"

That always sounded strange to me, I wanted fulfillment not feeling incomplete...

Yeah, I wouldn't use Esther Hicks - "Abraham" as a source for spiritual wisdom.

Our true selves are complete. I love this quote from Robert Browning:

“There is an inmost center in us all, where truth abides in fullness;....and, to know, rather consists in opening out a way where the imprisoned splendor may escape, then in effecting entry for a light supposed to be without.”

And here’s another pertinent Robert Browning quote:

“Love is the energy of life.”

Anyway, I now understand it isn't about "wishing" or "visualizing" but actually pretending in order to feel like it is a reality, thanks for clarifying.

For a while I just resorted to appreciating what I have because that always yield good resorts but now that I know this, I will actively manifest again, thanks.

Thank you.

“This is the great reason for picturing yourself and your affairs the way you wish them to be as existing facts –
though invisible to the physical eye –
and LIVING IN YOUR PICTURE.”

From the Forward of “Your Invisible Power.”

If I may, I would recommend you read (if you haven’t already):

“Your Invisible Power” (1927 -1929 different publication dates) by Genevieve Behrend (the only student of Judge Thomas Troward).

All books by Neville Goddard (often listed only as “Neville” [1905 - 1972] ), but especially:

“Your Faith Is Your Fortune” (1941)
“The Power of Awareness” (1952)
“Awakened Imagination” (1954)
“The Law and the Promise” (1961)

Recent reprints of these books hide the original publication dates. These books may be old but they’re vastly superior to anything by Esther Hicks – “Abraham.”
These books were written by people who understood & practiced what they wrote about.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Hey there, OP. I want to share something with you that happened to me a few years ago when I was trying to use the law of attraction to manifest something. First of all, I DEFINITELY believe it works... I know it worked in my case, but I was so focused on just one aspect of what I wanted that I left out a few important details in my attempt to manifest. If you're trying to manifest, be very specific in what you want!!!

Basically, I was in a long distance relationship with someone I was crazy over, but didn't get to see very often and not getting to see him was making me miserable. So, what I wanted to manifest was having him move to Kentucky from Florida so he could be with me. When our relationship started, I had a job that allowed me to see him often, but I had to quit that job and our visits slowed drastically so I wanted him HERE! The way the situation was, this was very unlikely to happen. The ONLY detail I focused on was him moving to Kentucky and that was it. NOT moving to Kentucky to be with me. Just moving here, period. I didn't figure there was any other reason for him to move here, other than to be with me.

Long story short, eventually we grew apart, but the very last time I talked to him, he called to tell me that he had joined the army, at the latest possible age to join the army, and he was being stationed at Fort Knox in Kentucky. By this point, our relationship was over, but he fricken MOVED TO KENTUCKY!!! I never saw him once he moved here... never even talked to him again, but he moved here! I KNEW that I had manifested that because joining the army was a last minute decision... he had never talked about it before, he wasn't even an American citizen at the time! He was an immigrant from France and had a green card. As soon as boot camp was over, they made him take his test to become a citizen. Before this, he had planned on staying in Florida for the rest of his life.

So, it WORKS! But if you're trying to manifest something, throw all the details you got at what you're trying to manifest! (And try to stick to things that affect you personally, and not other people, without their permission, lol. I also learned that from the experience.) I truly believe in the law of attraction and such, but you have to careful with it and know exactly what you want. Good luck, OP!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yes, i have.

I've posted about my experience with the LOA several times on here, so i won't bother going through it all again.

Suffice to say, i've done it twice and twice i got exactly what i asked for each within a couple of weeks of asking (after years of trying to get what i wanted without using the LOA)

Could it be two very odd coincidences? It's possible.

Do i think it actually is coincidence, given the variables and history of trying to get what i asked for?

Not a chance.

IT works..but you best make sure you really want what you are *politely* requesting, because the chances are, you'll get it. Unfortunately, if you are fixated or constantly thinking obsessively about something negative (worried about a relationship breakdown, lack of money, health worries etc. etc.) that can ALSO be attracted toward you, as well as the good.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some time back I needed a part of a certain idem. Had to order it from the manufacturer. Didn't even consider any other way as there simply wasnt one.

So I cashed my check and was on my way to the Post Office to buy a money order, mail order ect ect.

On the way I saw an auction taking place at a home. Never been to one. Stopped in, looked around, and there in the house was a complete unit including the part I needed. For far less than the new part this unit also had several accessories that my unit didn't have.

I call that the law of looking out for my azz. The scary thing is considering all the time and place factors that had to be manipulated just to make it happen. Its easy to call that a happenstance but I just cant bring my self to do it.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join