It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone real experience with "manifesting" and the law of attraction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am reading this book

"Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires" by Esther Hicks, Jerry Hicks (Abraham Hicks) and all I see online is raving reviews about those "teachings of Abraham".

Now, I am not "against" new-age and alternative/spiritual ideas...in fact I read and like a lot about NDE, the SETH books and much more and there is some good reading.

But I still have problems wrapping my around around the idea of "manifesting" and would like to know whether someone has REAL experiences where such a school of thought/philosophy has benefited them in real life?

I mean I understand the underlying philosophy, it is not hard to understand.

The above book (I have NOT finished it yet)...I find very simplified with cliches repeated and repeated over and over, I am at the 19th or so chapter right now and it's just the same blahblah repeated over and over and then about 1000x the word "vibration" thrown in.

Has anyone read those Abraham Hicks books..and what has it benefited them etc.?

By the way I understand very well that skepticism (or criticism) does well stand between an actual successful REALIZATION or MANIFESTATION process (obviously, to manifest I must be convinced that what I read is true and need to drop my skepticism)....but when I read chapter after chapter where it only says that my "vibrations need to be right" and basically only pointing out the difference between REAL DESIRE or FOCUS ON THE LACK INSTEAD (which of course is n the way of real manifestations)...but then I wonder what this book is when it repeats the same stuff over and over. I mean it's NOT rocket science: Yes yes, for successful manifestation I must truly believe and cannot focus on the LACK of something instead...it doesn't need an IQ of 140 to understand that.

Then......i would also be interested how the Law of Attraction actually works in terms of "logic"...here AGAIN I am understanding that a skepticism is NOT benefiting the manifestation process...but I can't simply help it!

Here is an example:

According to the above book it's all super-easy and all you need to do is "get your vibrations right", so to speak.
"Ask and it is given"

Now I want to manifest a red Ferrari.

Let's assume the red Ferrari would really appear - where does it come from? Who manufactured it? Who paid for it? Obviously a red Ferrari cannot simply materialize out of thin air...and someone built it and there must be a CAUSAL CHAIN OF EVENTS that is *explainable* how I may get a red Ferrari tomorrow. Would you agree with that? Or would successful materialization "violate" the law of causality/rationality? But then this would be the same thing as magic.

I would really like to know whether some people have experience with that.

Add:

Ok..obviously I will NEVER be successful manifesting a red Ferrari if I am not 100% convinced that there is a rational, causal chain that will make it possible that a Ferrari appears. (Short: It cannot work when I have DOUBTS, correct? I actually understand that.)

So..how do you erase the doubts? In the example of the red Ferrari (or whatever else)...how would I go about manifesting so that I can "rationalize" the manifestation of a red Ferrari? (You would simply "make something up" which would somehow lead to you getting a red Ferrari....and then convince yourself that this WILL come to pass...even if initially the "made-up" reason only has a very slim chance to be actual "real" or even be "logical" ???

One example....I could "rationalize" that I win a red Ferrari in a lottery/sweepstakes...however never actively participated in one. So..someone, somewhere drew my name out of a hat and I am the entirely surprised lucky winner of a red Ferrari ..something like that...I mean the Ferrari cannot be built and delivered to my door by Fairies
(There must be SOME rational causal chain, even if extremely unlikely..or how else could it come to pass?)

edit on 62013R000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago18AMSaturdaySaturday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
For years we spoke of the perfect place to live/raise our kids, we spoke of details down to a lake & stream as well as ocean waterfront & beach, we yearned to be able to learn to live off the land, learn plant medicine & teach others but could never afford to make the dream real.

Now here we are, there was a chain of events and logical reasons we came to be here but there is no doubt that our intentions and desire manifested into our "dream life" We are the only white family near the first nations reserve and now are being asked to run their community garden and as well as being adopted into the band and are being taught plant medicine by elders.

There is so much to it but basically every honorable intention has come to fruition.

I don't think simply wishing for a car will do, I believe that there is more to it.
There are people in horrible situations and without hope who would benefit from a manifestation of their honorable desire. Why are they not given what they truly deserve?

Why does the balance allow some to suffer & go without while others undeserving run the world ?

I do believe in power of intention but there is more to it that nobody seems to understand & until that is clearly explained there is no way to control it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

There are many more books about Law of Attraction (LOA) out there, and I've found some are much clearer than others, and especially clearer than those Abraham books. Not quite convinced that Esther Hicks is channeling anything. You have to believe in channeling if you are to believe their books.

Mike Dooley has several good books on the subject (try Manifesting Change), and I'm reading one now by Bob Doyle (Follow Your Passion, Find Your Power). Sharon Klingner (spelling?) also has a good book on LOA.

Rhonda Byrne, who spearheaded The Secret (book, movie, website) (which btw got a lot of criticism), has a book that I think is called The Power, and I think it is a great LOA book. Many of the contributors to The Secret film have books of their own that are pretty clear.

No, a Ferrari won't materialize in your driveway. Mike Dooley's book does a good job explaining how LOA supposedly really works.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

One small "example" of LOA in my life was when I wanted to go to visit a friend in Boulder and then attend a private "retreat" for a couple days near Colorado Springs, but I couldn't really afford the flight, car rental, etc., plus lodging.

I kept picturing myself going somehow. And then my manager at work kept insisting (I mean "insisting") that I go to a weeklong leadership program in North Carolina. I looked into it and found out they had a site in Colorado Springs as well, and lo and behold, they offered the same program there -- and you could stay at the Broadmoor Hotel (very very luxurious). I pictured myself going and adding in a couple vacation days beforehand so I could visit my friend and attend my private retreat.

My boss agreed to let me go to the Colorado location -- and I was able to have my work pay for the flight and rental car, and of course send me to the leadership program in luxury! So I was able to afford my personal retreat and a night in Boulder out of my pocket -- since my car and flight were covered by my employer!!!

To me, that was LOA in action.

Of course, LOA is supposed to be in play 24/7 -- not just what we consciously are "attracting" but our whole life is evidence of our beliefs, thoughts, emotions.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

A few years ago I made a thread showing the results of LOA. It's easy to feel synchronicity when things are going well but when they don't? Ya, all down hill from there.

The above book (I have NOT finished it yet)...I find very simplified with cliches repeated and repeated over and over, I am at the 19th or so chapter right now and it's just the same blahblah repeated over and over and then about 1000x the word "vibration" thrown in.

It does get sickening after awhile. "vibration" should be changed to "state of mind". It's all about your state of mind I think. You have "on" moments and "off", like riding a wave. Life is constantly about peaks and valleys that's why I don't get excited anymore when I have a "high" moment because I know what happens next.

Yes yes, for successful manifestation I must truly believe and cannot focus on the LACK of something instead

Sure is a ball buster if I may. One of the great conundrums with LOA

Let's assume the red Ferrari would really appear - where does it come from? Who manufactured it? Who paid for it? Obviously a red Ferrari cannot simply materialize out of thin air...and someone built it and there must be a CAUSAL CHAIN OF EVENTS that is *explainable* how I may get a red Ferrari tomorrow. Would you agree with that? Or would successful materialization "violate" the law of causality/rationality? But then this would be the same thing as magic.

As I understand it, you may not actually manifest a Ferrari but rather the circumstances around it so yes, a chain of events.

So..how do you erase the doubts? In the example of the red Ferrari (or whatever else)...how would I go about manifesting so that I can "rationalize" the manifestation of a red Ferrari? (You would simply "make something up" which would somehow lead to you getting a red Ferrari....and then convince yourself that this WILL come to pass...even if initially the "made-up" reason only has a very slim chance to be actual "real" or even be "logical" ???

You don't need to worry about the details but you have to be specific in your desire. Meditation helps.
I printed off a picture of a 2005 t-bird and focused on it almost daily for about 10 minutes. They're kind of rare, not too many people driving those but shortly I began to see them every day no exaggeration.
One can argue I was only noticing them more but that really wasn't the case. I really was seeing one every single day until I gave up. Now I see one about once every six-months.
Skepticism does play a huge role.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I think that it can be put quite simply. If you truely want whatever you wish for. Think about it each day, dream about it and as the second poster said, really go into detail about it. You will automaticly build up desire and motivation to do the hard work and do the things that is needed to lead you to your dreams and wishes. You will either unconsciously or consciously notice situations and oppotunities, that will lead you to your dream and grab them. I believe it comes down to motivation and desire.

Kinda like, if you choose to always see the negative things in life. Your whole life will be negative, you will negative and focus on the bad things, because they take up more "space" in your mind. But if you choose to see the positive side of things, focus on the good parts of life, they will automaticly fill up a bigger part of you and you will notice and focus on those things. Picture a room with a black wall on one side, and a white wall on the other side. Where you choose to look is entirely up to you. They each hold different perspectives, but you choose which one you wish to focus on.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok, I am no expert when it comes to LoA or anything like that, but I would like to offer some input on the subject, and the questions you ask. Let me start by saying you are correct, LoA will not work if you have doubts. If you read about it, and want to manifest a red ferrari, only to not get one, so you can call it a silly concept, then it will not work. But it's not just doubts that will prevent it from working. It's also the ego. Let me explain.

I claim to be a spiritual person, with my own beliefs, though some have stemmed from the "New Age movement". One thing I completely agree with is the idea of a "Higher Self", or to most people, your subconscious. Now that is completely different from our ego. I've heard that the ego was designed to help us with self preservation. Someone best described it like our inner gps. It's supposed to be a background process, just to help us with our day to day lives. But somewhere in human history, it went from being a background process, to a main program in the front and center. We feed it more than anything else. You can see it everywhere. People needing to buy something when it first comes out, so they can feel special having it waaaaaayyyyyy before anyone else. Companies like Best Buy literally have names, and market to these sorts of egomaniacs. It's very prominent among apple fanatics. The ego tells us to think of nothing but ourselves, at anyone elses expense.

Why am I talking about this?? Because, you don't need that red ferrari, your ego just wants one. Your ego wants you to have one, drive around in it, show it off, and feel badass while in it. That right there, may be why trying to manifest it may not have the results you desire. If you truly want to try to manifest something, it has to be something you need. Something that will truly benefit you. So even though you may really want that red ferrari, maybe deep down, your inner self knows that won't benefit you in the long run, that it's not needed, so it won't show itself.

It's like that song says......"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find that you get what you need."

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

That last line took the words right out of my mouth literally. I've often said that and notice it quite a bit. For some strange unexplained reason, things always work out.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Necrobile
Because, you don't need that red ferrari, your ego just wants one. Your ego wants you to have one, drive around in it, show it off, and feel badass while in it. That right there, may be why trying to manifest it may not have the results you desire. If you truly want to try to manifest something, it has to be something you need. Something that will truly benefit you.

I understand what you are saying, but this is exactly what contradicts at least THAT book. (I haven't read others on that subject).

The idea given in the book is that *everything* can be desired and WILL be manifested, even if the desires are such things such as money, a car and other "earthly" things which have nothing whatsoever to do spiritual growth.

Also...(didn't read all the replies YET)...It is my understanding that LoA/manifesting is really something else but "motivation and you must hard"

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Necrobile
It's like that song says......"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find that you get what you need."

How do you tell the difference from what you want, and what you need?

I can list several things that I want, but honestly do not need. But I have not got a clue on what I need. Any suggestions on how to figure out what one truely needs?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There was a time in my life when I had lost my job and was very desperate for money to pay the rent...I think I was even close to being kicked out if I didnt have the money to pay the bills...

One day when I was walking around trying to find a job asking/praying to god or the universe or whatever to help me find some money...it happened.

I walked a weird way back home for no reason and saw there was a jacket being run over in the roa. So I waited until the cars had passed picked it up to leave it on the wall in case someone was looking for it...

I checked the pockets for any I.D. or anything...absolutely nothing except £45...the exact ammount of money I need complete my rent...

(I handed it in to the police...nobody claimed it after a few weeks so I was able to keep it!)

The next day I was doing the same thing..praying to the universe..for something to come along...

As soon as I did that...no word of a lie a student that walked past me dropped a ROLL of money...must have been like 500 to 1000 quid. I stopped him..told him hed just dropped it...he was over joyed and thanked me...and to say thanks he gave me 40....well i wasnt gonna say no!

That night I had a dream about an angel....very vivid....

The following afternoon I was walking through town looking for jobs again when a bus went past me with a massive picture of an angel on it...similar to the one in my dream...

I was taken aback a bit and it sounds weird but my brain was telling me it was a sign and i should look around...couldnt find any money on the floor lol but where the bus had passed was directly outside a betting shop.

So I had a look inside...looked at the races that day..the very next race on the board was about to start..about 20+ horses racing...and you guessed it one of the horses was called GUARDIAN ANGEL!

Massive outsider I think it was about 20/1 odds...

managed to whack £10 on it to come first just in time...

The bookies looked at e like I was mad...they asked me if I had been given a "tip" on it...I said I just liked the name

And you guessed it IT WON!

So I walked out of there with about £210

(keep thinking what if I had put more on it though)

Unbelievable... and that money was just enough to see me through until I found another job..

After that I read up on The Law of attraction...I don't know really what to make of it but I was stunned by my personal experience with it

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I haven't read this book, but the "real" law of attraction has to do with the subconscious performing the act of attracting, not the conscious /"what I am aware of" mind. so in order to manifest your desires, you need to be more in touch with who you are....get in better touch with your subconscious and then youll see that you've been "manifesting" all along....

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

1 does believe there is some truth to what you share in the OP in relation to the LOA and Manifesting.

Perhaps you do have to Believe as well as keep in mind some manifestations may not be suitable for certain regions & times and so Overseen prevented -blocked (depending)...

When I began practicing again as 1 matured more during this life cycle I would run test. Test to see if what 1 could deep think or manifest would come to physical. And so manifested into Cosmos some test to see if they would "show" and then would watch news and other data ports of EA*RTH for tracking/verifications...
(not dangerous manifestations but visual)

Logic in 1z mind sometimes feels if you can attract-manifest a gift or visual you can repel a "issue" / disruptor of a balance somewhat using same manifestation abilities thru different kinesis avenues
actually interacting with pre-existing universal materials.

As far a manifesting cars or material gains it seems possible but why would the manifest energy be accessible to make a car or for material gain (imagine all the glitches if that was allowed everyone would manifest their desires and miss the needs). And so this type of want manifesting is more manual in obtaining to 1 subjectively, where you put your physical mind to whatever level legitimate or non to obtain these material gains ( the manifesting is working manually with injection of a by any means necessary mental support system to obtain wanted manifestations)

To 1 it would be more interesting to attempt to manifest a ARC or EXODUS Craft of the strongest materials a planet can provide within a planet then take those away from potential dangers the cars or material gains may not be able to avoid...

Good Luck with your search OP and may you keep a balanced consciousness with what you learn & manifest...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 9/21/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

needlenight

I can list several things that I want, but honestly do not need. But I have not got a clue on what I need. Any suggestions on how to figure out what one truely needs?

The only answer I can give you may sound very cheesy/cliche, but it's the truth. Only you know that answer, you just have to ask yourself. Do you meditate?? If so, then next time you do, ask yourself that. If not, then maybe it's a good time to start. I know with me, whenever I really want something that I don't need, I get this little feeling deep inside that I know I don't need it. Other times, I hear a voice tell me I don't need it. Like my subconscious. Example, I really want to pick up a PS3, and a collector's edition of Injustice. I could get both for $180. Every time I think to buy them from work, I just get this feeling that I don't need it, now is not the time.

As for the OP, I'm sorry if my reply contradicted the book you read, but I just spoke wisdom that I've gained through my life experiences. I've never read the book. But to be honest, it's ok that they contradict. I believe there was a reason you read that book. Deep down inside, there was probably some knowledge in there that you wanted to have. Now even if 80% of that book just feels like nonsense, that's ok. It was probably that 20% that you wanted to have. So take the information that resonates with you, and make it your own.

Though I'm not the most well versed on the subject, I have read quite a few books/articles regarding this topic, as well as others on spirituality, and quite a bit of it just seems hokey. But there has been quite a bit of information that has resonated with me, it just makes total sense.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

needlenight

Necrobile

Folks like to say this but its all very subjective. Even a millionaire doesn't really need a 300 thousand dollar sports car.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The LOA is essentially a form of motivational speaking and "self-help". I think the same results could be achieved if someone went to a Tony Robbins conference. It seems that some people either fear, or do not know how, to go about getting what they want.

But I think the LOA falters when it makes people think there is a mystical force guiding them towards their goal, instead of realizing it is them doing all the work.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It works.

I don't know how it works, whether it works all of the time, for all of the people all of the time, or any of that jazz, but it does.

Could it be coincidence? Creating a kind of 'self fulfilling prophesy for yourself? Sure it can be, and in some cases, it probably would actually BE one of those or similar things going on...but does people fooling themselves over a simple coincidence, preclude the LoA as a real, if mysterious, force of some kind?

No, because both scenarios are not mutually exclusive. Yes, people delude themselves and yes, people somehow manage to access an 'ability' or technique, to pass along thought energy, somehow, to a region or the entirety of what amounts to our mental picture of the Universe actually is or looks like.

Yes, it's strange when you think about it and the physical impossibilities of it all...thought energy being electrical in nature, would travel through space at a finite speed...it couldn't possibly reach the 'entire Universe' in a physical sense without breaking physical laws as we currently know them...things like that are unexplainable to scientific enquiry, at the moment anyway. So by rational thinking, it shouldn't work.

We obviously don't know what we will discover, circumvent or technologically modify in the future to achieve what we today think is impossible...so 'everything is possible' given enough time. The Universe has been here a long time, and because ultimately everything else within it, including the material we are made from, came from the same place..so everything has been around a long time in one form or another!

The Law of Attraction sounds hippy...new agey...a bit weird.. and it's probably all of those things!...But it works. It's worked for me the two times i tried it.

If you REALLY feel you want or need something...it doesn't hurt to ask for it. You might not get anything, and lose a few seconds of your life on a frivolity...so what? You might just get what you ask for...i did, twice.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I have practiced manifesting for a while now and have been successful at it. The key to it is not to create karma while manifesting. The fact is that people create things with their mind everyday no matter what walk of life you are talking about. But the problem is that they are creating selfish and negative manifestation, which in turn the manifested object or idea won't last long or never comes to fruition. Even with these kinds of thoughts, they are unsure of themselves, creating even more karma. Karma is the way for the Universe to balance itself when you are creating too much negative energy. Read about Karma here: Post About Karma For example, you are so happy about the new job. It will surely get you the money you always needed. But somewhere in your subconscious, you say, "How long will this new job last?" That is a negative thought.

Another thing is to start small. Starting with a Ferrari is too much. Do stuff like getting off from work early, that 46 inch TV you always wanted, and that apple custard pie that the grocery store doesn't have. Practice, practice, practice. Make it a daily routine on the small stuff and work your way up. Meditation and prayer helps. Being spiritual helps tenfold. Why? Because it keeps your mind focused and connected to God, which is the One who wanted you to help create the world in the first place. Your mind being focused on one thing at a time is important. It helps give you the 100% confidence you can make it happen. That is the last key. You must believe that you can do it. Believe that your mind can create things and circumstances all the time. Also, don't dwell on it 24 hours a day. Put your mind into creating something and let it go. Put only a little energy (just enough) into it and then let it go. Putting too much energy into it will cause a negative reaction. People think about their desired object a lot; but that actually is a way for you to disbelieve yourself in creating the object. Deep within your subconscious, you think that it can't be done so you keep thinking about it. Learn to detach.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

But I think the LOA falters when it makes people think there is a mystical force guiding them towards their goal, instead of realizing it is them doing all the work.

Idk, I think there are some weird things that happen when manifesting. While I don't disagree people have to make their goals come to fruition but once they do, serendipitous things begin to happen. I'll give you a real example. I've been self-employed since 2010, something I frequently visualized. I managed to find a telecom customer I do regular work for but my credit sucks and I couldn't open my own account with the supplier. I was there daily paying cash at retail rates until the supplier voluntarily put me under another company's account for contractor rates.

I asked what company they put me under and he told me "Protel". Protel just happened to be the same telecom company I do work for and when he told me that, my jaw almost hit the floor.
He said it was purely random. Out of about 10,000 customers in their system they picked the exact same company. I even called Protel to ask if they set me up under them and was told no.

Kind of hard to ignore.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I pictured the sky filling with pink hearts ,when it was really dark and disturbing looking, and when I came back in 20 minutes, all the dark clouds were gone, and there were pink, and white hearts everywhere, extending over the roof, over the reservation nearby, upside down, sideways, big/small, relatively perfect to abstracted heart shapes. Not a dark heart in sight. And that miracle will be with me always. We may do this with our consciousness, or participate, but I still believe we have help from Good Family as well.

The DIvine Matrix, by Gregg Braden is a very good book on how the universe works, except for being one with a roll of film, we enter into the movie. Also I really really like morningmayan's youtube channel and got her book, ie. Linda West.

The Divine Net of Miraculous Possibilities

'The Divine Field. Instead of being a fisherman with one line, we have God's line in the water, with His infinite net of possibilities in ways that you could never think of, for your dream to come through."

Frequency Class - THE BASICS - pt 1

It was after watching her videos, that the miracle of hearts happened.

Have taken away pain, tooth ache, gained clarity and energy, envisialized a complete change in mood and health. Have seen our home, and the estate sold and we have moved, and truly believe in positive thought, and yet we have to know, we change our minds alot, its more about being in the moment, and truly searching for our way.

I kind of feel we're meant to go within, to pick up our health , our moods, to increase our possibilities, to widen our world, but not to wish for the big boat and wealth and status. But envision safety for all, growth and happiness for all, win/win's for all, for everyone to learn quickly and in the most gentle positive ways, what they came to learn and grow in leaps and bounds and become free and empowered.

We're meant to be like smallville, we're all superman, and can bend time and fly even, when we get through this work, so we need to get on with it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join