It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Kenyan Shopping mall! Dozens killed, hostages held!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The police force did not even enter the building, they all barricaded the entrances and called in the military. They arrived hours later and still did not attempt any rescue, instead they took up positions and waited (for what?). Remember the eye witnesses claimed there were only around 18-20 gun men.

The first reports from eye witnesses claimed the men were of Kenyan origin, dressed in military clothing and speaking Swahili (Most common native language in Kenya). The second report states that the men were dressed in Islamic attire, of Somali origin and speaking either Arabic of Somali.

All eye witnesses have been briefed and over time the story is slowly changing. Many escapees claim some of the men changed into civilian attire and walked out of the building with the freed civilians.

One of the "Terrorists" was taken into custody but later '''died'' of gunshot wounds.

Go figure, it's sounds extremely fishy to me. Death toll now officially stands at 43, although eye witnesses said that by 4pm yesterday it has exceeded 50. Government is asking people not to discuss it or give any information over social networks.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Fromabove

DeadSnow
A friend sent me this message captured on CCTV (They haven't aired this)

Look at all that equipment! It was reported that they had AK47's as well as AR-15's (Good luck finding one out here), grenades and enough ammo to bring down a house.

All brought to you via the religion of peace.

I said, the religion of peace.

When will the world say enough?

NO religion is peaceful..apart from the bhuddism...I've never seen the Bhuddists burning witches or declaring holy war...
edit on 22-9-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

SixX18

DeadSnow
A friend sent me this message captured on CCTV (They haven't aired this)

Look at all that equipment!

Wow, that looks like military, blackops, or some really prepared terrorists! Those poor people, I hope they didn't get shot in the back or left to die after this image was taken.

Over 9 hours, and the gunmen are still in the mall? Where are the police, swat, and or military?
edit on 9/21/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

Press saying over here everyone dressed in normal arab clothing..NOT COMBAT JAQUETS..this still looks like its from a bank stick up job 20 year ago..

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Arab attire? and yet eye witnesses said a few were dressed as military and others were dressed as civilians with white bandanas wrapped around their heads. The were so heavily armed, some of them had rounds wrapped around their torsos, Rambo style.

The shopping mall has a bank and NO ONE DRESSES LIKE THAT HERE! not even the special forces so therefore the picture was taken yesterday and was not from a previous Robbery.

Edit: In case you have not read through the whole thread, the official story is changing every 2-3 hours. Will post some videos to back my report.
edit on 22-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Members of that peaceful religion are at it again.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

YAHOO SPAIN - AT LEAST A DOZEN MEN IN "TRADITIONAL ARAB ATTIRE" ATTACK SHOPPING CENTRE

The fotos are sufficiently graphic,especially the one where the couple are dead together on the ground..looks like he used his body as a shield to protect her..and they died together..

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It's a pity it's not in English, he says:

Everyone was running trying to get out, he went to the 1st and 2nd floors and he was warned that the terrorists were on both floors so he ran back to the 1st floor when he saw one of the gunmen. He was an Arab man and not a Somali man, well built and he changed his attire right in front of them and blended in with the civilians. After that he hide in a store and stayed in there for 6 hours they were released and the gunmen left with them. He alerted the policeman that the terrorist was amongst them at the exit but nobody took his words seriously and the man was able to flee.

Officials say 59 dead now! Told you the figure stood at 50+ in the first hour.
edit on 22-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

He's say's one of them was an arab.....if this goes by the book he's probably from Saudi....And considering these are from the Islamist group "Al Kebab", this was like...3rd or 4th page news on yahoo.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Dude I'm here and I speak the local language, I can understand everything they're saying and I know people that were inside that spoke about it. From Military, to casual and now to Arab attire?.....does it make sense?

FYI Buddhists have been known to slaughter people of different religions as well....

Christian crusaders, Islamist militants, or the leaders of "freedom-loving nations", all justify what they see as necessary violence in the name of a higher good. Buddhist rulers and monks have been no exception.

So, historically, Buddhism has been no more a religion of peace than Christianity.

SOURCE BBC News

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

DeadSnow

Dude I'm here and I speak the local language, I can understand everything they're saying and I know people that were inside that spoke about it. From Military, to casual and now to Arab attire?.....does it make sense?

FYI Buddhists have been known to slaughter people of different religions as well....

Christian crusaders, Islamist militants, or the leaders of "freedom-loving nations", all justify what they see as necessary violence in the name of a higher good. Buddhist rulers and monks have been no exception.

So, historically, Buddhism has been no more a religion of peace than Christianity.

SOURCE BBC News

That may well be true..as i belive that no religion is peaceful even though they go around singing about how peaceful they are..The world would be much better WITHOUT it.

As for the changing stories..fear + confusion + disinfomation...It makes the truth easier to hide and the lie easier to believe...manipulation of the masses.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Raxoxane

Kenyans are for the most part a decent wonderful people.

Oh yea, are you including Obama in that ?

My own thoughts are this could be a FF distraction from Syria carried out by Saudi backed islamists with the long term intention of letting the West into Kenya to stave off China's interest in it's resources.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
BBC report one attacker dead of wounds and 4 arrested..with at least one woman acting in a leadership role...the rest supposedly surrounded by Kenyan speacial forces.
So, if they have taken 4 prisoners...it wasn't a suicide mission then..Which is unusual given the ferocity of the attack.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

UnBreakable
Ah, yes. Another example of Islam being the so-called relgion of "peace". No matter what I'm told otherwise, I see too many examples of this. Of course, we're told that only the "radical" factions of Islam think this way. Unfortunately madrassa schools teach that the Koran says all non-believers are no good and must perish. This way of thinking is shared among all Muslims.
edit on 21-9-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

Then you need to tell me Muslim friends they keep forgetting to kill me.
Why spread more hateful lies when there is obviously enough hateful truth to work with here?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

andy1972
Press saying over here everyone dressed in normal arab clothing..NOT COMBAT JAQUETS..this still looks like its from a bank stick up job 20 year ago..

What is normal Arab clothing?
Is there normal American or Canadian clothing?
Is it miniskirts and bra tops?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

This guy claims they asked all Muslims to leave due to the Kenyan attacks on Somalia but that's clearly not the case. Muslims were shot at point blank range as well. It seems like the gunmen were mostly targeting Asians, fair skinned people and Caucasians at first. If you Google for the images you'll notice at least 80% of the fatalities shown are Asian people...Indians and Pakistanis.

Other people claimed the attackers were asking people to recite a verse from the Quran and if they could not they would be head shot from point blank range. Clearly not the case again as I had two friends that were victims and both Muslims. Waiting for the official list, God knows why it's taking them so long to control 20 gun men.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

1104light

andy1972

What is normal Arab clothing?
Is there normal American or Canadian clothing?
Is it miniskirts and bra tops?

For "normal" read "traditional"....as some have stated they were dressed in black coloured traditional arab clothing, so the pedantics arn't necessary.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Thank you very much for your ongoing info from local news and your local presence in Kenya. I recall how much help you were for a story last year on Ebola along the Kenyan border. ATS is amazing for how there seems to be someone living near almost anything which happens around the world.

Hopefully this gets no worse. Kenya is one of the best nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

They have hostages..so they're proably trying to avoid a (further) masscre..and they arnt even sure where they are..maybe the first floor or maybe in the basement, they dont know for sure where or how many...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

andy1972
For "normal" read "traditional"....as some have stated they were dressed in black coloured traditional arab clothing.

Ah, just like all Scottish men run around in kilts, playing bagpipes?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

Instead of trying to derail the thread, why not post something constructive thats actually ON TOPIC...As your new here on ATS, why not take the time to read the T&C's before you start posting.

Afterwards you can write to the Guardian Newspaper and bore the journalist by asking what he means by his "tradional clothes" comment...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join