It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We all know that the internet was a military project before we civies were allowed to have a look in.

My question is this. What if the PTB start a conspiracy forum similar to ATS?

If you think about it, it would be a great way for them to keep tabs on people and have records of everything said in their database to be used against you as and when.

They would have direct access to all of our private messages to each other, email addresses, passwords and more. Times on and offline could be monitored as well as linking your accounts at thier forum to other places online that you frequent.

Not only that but they could plan their own misleading threads and posts before a psy op even took place and could use a site of their own to misinform the public whist using their psychological tricks to put people to sleep when the people would be trying to do the exact opposite. They could have teams of paid members working on the cause whos only objective is to divide and conquer the populations. They could censor everything and adapt it to suit their own causes.

Could they do something like that and get away with it?

If not, why not?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Oooops, nmd
edit on 22-9-2013 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

What makes you think they have not done so already? Depending on who you ask, everything you type anywhere on the net is being tracked conspiracy or otherwise. You don't actually have to be a member of a conspiracy site for them to show interest in you. You could post something on Facebook or Twitter that heightens their awareness of you.
Regardless...be who you are, speak your truth as it resonates within you, and pay no mind to whether they are tracking you here or anywhere. In my mind, if they are watching me..it's because I'm on the right track and they feel threatened. There is power in that knowledge.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You are right, thank you.

They could track us wherever we post. I'm thinking of going back to lurking, if the truth is the way I see it it's pobably best that way.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

When you post on here you are using The World Wide Web.
That was not a military project.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Why would they bother? The people that come here from the Gov. do so because they find it ammusing. That is how I found the place. I will say I knew a couple guys who were thining about using their very legit impressive back grounds to make some money of the UF0 and or conspiracy crowds. Have to admit I have thought about doing the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

MrSpad
Why would they bother? The people that come here from the Gov. do so because they find it ammusing. That is how I found the place. I will say I knew a couple guys who were thining about using their very legit impressive back grounds to make some money of the UF0 and or conspiracy crowds. Have to admit I have thought about doing the same.

I understand that they are laughing at us, it's human nature to have a giggle at those that know less than you.

What I'm asking though is could they run a site like ATS, not just for the giggles but to find out just what people do know, not just what they post in threads but in PM's.

They could have employed mods on a gov salary to mock those that are on to the truth and offer their own gov approved opinions to sway the opinions of those that find it hard to question.

I just did a google search 'The next war will be fought over information' but all results came back 'The next war will be faught over water'. I wanted to find that famous quote and use it here to help justify my paranoia. Oh well, I defeated my own objectives there I think. Ho Hum...

Got the same thing with Bing.

Error in the systems I guess. Try it for yourselves. Show me that I'm not paranoid, please.

BTW, reguarding the book, you gotta do what you gotta do to feed your family.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

MrSpad
I will say I knew a couple guys who were thining about using their very legit impressive back grounds to make some money of the UF0 and or conspiracy crowds.

I can't say it hasn't occurred to me, either. I just don't have the heart to do it. We've put about three joke sites together and either didn't put them up or took them down right away when our sponsors got pissed off. I especially liked the one where we were filtering out radioactive electricity from nuclear power plants.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Could you make it known that your site is humourous, like Onion magazine. I think the radiactivity one is quite funny.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by Tsu322

When you post on here you are using The World Wide Web. That was not a military project.

The "World Wide Web" runs on the Internet. It is simply a protocol (based on HTML), one amongst many which includes sendmail, the gopher system, etc.. When "the internet" was developed it was mostly for email between academics in major universities and defense contractors working on military projects. Though helped along by DARPA, it was never exclusively a military endeavor, but a joint project. Through those early years people usually used PINE, developed by the University of Washington in Seattle, for email and the gopher, developed by the University of Minnesota, to handle files. HTML was originally developed as a sort of lingua franca for documents. people used Lynx, a character-based web browser, before the modern GUI based systems were put in place.

The TCP/IP protocol was developed with the idea that sending packets through the wires could survive an attack on a node by rerouting the packets. That system is still in place today, and the web runs on top of it. Though certainly GUI web-based services now dominate the Internet, it is not a separate entity FROM the Internet at all, just the latest incarnation. So your statement is inaccurate. When you use "The World Wide Web" you are using the same infrastructure developed by the military-industrial complex years ago. It underlies everything you do online.

top topics

join