It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldiers 'manhandle' European diplomats attempting to deliver aid to Palestine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

It might help to understand the laws that Israel are breaking. I state this to get back to the OP and not be diverted from the article.

“States may not deport or transfer parts of their own civilian population into a territory they occupy.”

Summary

State practice establishes this rule as a norm of customary international law applicable in international armed conflicts.
International armed conflicts

The prohibition on deporting or transferring parts of a State’s own civilian population into the territory it occupies is set forth in the Fourth Geneva Convention.[1]

It is a grave breach of Additional Protocol I.[2]

Under the Statute of the International Criminal Court, “the transfer, directly or indirectly, by the Occupying Power of parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies” constitutes a war crime in international armed conflicts.[3]

Many military manuals prohibit the deportation or transfer by a party to the conflict of parts of its civilian population into the territory it occupies.[4]

This rule is included in the legislation of numerous States.[5]

Official statements and reported practice also support the prohibition on transferring one’s own civilian population into occupied territory.[6]

Attempts to alter the demographic composition of an occupied territory have been condemned by the UN Security Council.[7]

In 1992, it called for the cessation of attempts to change the ethnic composition of the population, anywhere in the former Yugoslavia.[8]

Similarly, the UN General Assembly and UN Commission on Human Rights have condemned settlement practices.[9]

According to the final report of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights Dimensions of Population Transfer, including the Implantation of Settlers and Settlements, “the implantation of settlers” is unlawful and engages State responsibility and the criminal responsibility of individuals.[10]

In 1981, the 24th International Conference of the Red Cross reaffirmed that “settlements in occupied territory are incompatible with article 27 and 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention”.[11]

In the Case of the Major War Criminals in 1946, the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg found two of the accused guilty of attempting the “Germanization” of occupied territories.[12]
edit on 21-9-2013 by sueloujo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Deetermined

Do you realize that most Middle Eastern maps don't even show Israel on them because they don't recognize it as a state?

Yeah I just dont care.
And nor do I want my country to risk my life protecting it.

Deetermined
Why? Because they believe that ALL of the land of Israel still belongs to Muslims and they have every intention of getting it back.

Maybe cause it once did? Cant blaim em. USA/UK swoon in and carve borders outr for a long dead state some peopel are going to disagree.

Im sure some in the USA would be upset if Native American came into New york and kicked everyone out cause of passed land claims.

Deetermined
Once that is completed, they believe that God will give them the power to take over Israel and make it another Islamic state too.

Read above....dont care. You have army defend yourself. If you fail o well learn arabic or move. Eitherway I care little about Isreal survival.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

The prohibition on deporting or transferring parts of a State’s own civilian population into the territory it occupies is set forth in the Fourth Geneva Convention.[1]

It is a grave breach of Additional Protocol I.[2]

Under the Statute of the International Criminal Court, “the transfer, directly or indirectly, by the Occupying Power of parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies” constitutes a war crime in international armed conflicts.[3]

The only thing is, it's not Israel who's deporting or transferring Israeli citizens into the occupied territory. Israeli citizens are volunteering and asking for permission to build and live there, and Israel is allowing them to do it. There is no "transfer" taking place.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Since you don't care and none of it matters, why make such a worthless post?

You have army defend yourself. If you fail o well learn arabic or move.

That's the bottom line, isn't it? The Palestinians don't even have a legitimate government authority, much less an army to defend them, so who's fault is that? You have the Palestinian Authority who spends so much time fighting among themselves, they can't even help them (typical Muslim ruler crap). You might as well blame it on their Muslim neighbors who could care less what happens to them. The U.S. and Israel spend more money taking care of the Palestinians than any of the Muslim nations do. If they don't want to become Israeli citizens, let them move. Oh, that's right, none of the other Muslim nations want the Palestinians either.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

I sir care not to beat a dead horse as history, REAL HISTORY, not fabricated agenda BS tells me all I need to know. I was part of a technical military observation unit in this arena. I have seen first hand what the leaders of palestine were up to, you can border till you are dust, but what happened in 67, it was clear what Israel had to do, The bottom line here is simple, you leave them alone and stop firing crap over the border, and they will leave you alone, period. Learn to be self sufficent, do not kill your neighbors, enjoy life, but keep up the same crap, you get the same results. I see change and my mind will follow, but until then......

Yeah but the bible says....

holy land...

death to all!

So mere words are all we have

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And again mypoint!
The USA shouldnt be helping anyone muslim or jew. Same with uk France and rest of NATO.

Isreal should be left to itself.

If survives cool ok
If it goes under o well dont care
Just as long as my country has no stake in it!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Here's one for ya then, probably not expecting this....

I don't agree at all with what Israel is doing. Bulldozing homes, taking land and adding Jewish settlers to it and the blockade of Gaza is wrong, immoral and possibly breaks international law. These actions only further exasperate the situation there and causes many more problems then it solves. Thinking this though doesn't make me just ignore stuff from the other side as well.

But hey, you seem to have me figured out so, ya know, my stance on the issue couldn't be possible.

edit on 21-9-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Sorry, I am not so easily swayed by the BS

Oh yes you are because Israel was never attacked in 67. Israel is the one that started it when they bombed the Egyptian airfields. That's when they started all this preemptive strike bullcrap. Preemptive is another word for we want to start a war and cry we are the victims.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If they don't want to become Israeli citizens, let them move.

If they didn't want to become citizens of Palestine then why did they move there? When will the supporters of Israel understand that Israels policies is whats causing it's problems? This what happens when you move into an area and start ethnic cleansing it.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

When a group continues to do the same thing over and over, you must let them know you mean business.

like forcing people out of their homes at gunpoint, like what israel does to palestinians.
like taking land that doesnt belong to them, in violation of u.n. resolutions?

no wonder they get "rock"eted. (non-explosive kinetic rockets. israel retaliates with explosive missiles and does far more damage.)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

GAOTU789
Critical thinking requires the ability to see all aspects of an argument; you clearly refuse to entertain anything that may contradict your bias.

There is something about this topic that prevents most people from utilising their critical thinking skills. While it's natural for people to struggle with any information that challenges their own beliefs and principles, the whole Israel-Palestine issue seems to bring this phenomenon to a whole new level.

From a centralist position, what I find interesting about this issue that that most pro-Israel advocates will admit that Israel has done wrong in its past even though they support it, while most pro-Palestine advocates will not concede Palestinians have done anything wrong and that all blame lies with Israel for all the problems that exist in the conflict.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Dark Ghost

From a centralist position, what I find interesting about this issue that that most pro-Israel advocates will admit that Israel has done wrong in its past even though they support it, while most pro-Palestine advocates will not concede Palestinians have done anything wrong and that all blame lies with Israel for all the problems that exist in the conflict.

I would think that those living in Israel might support it more, then those who are outside that Country.

I dont support Israel on many subjects. Its deplorable on how those in the West Bank are treated. Its also deplorable that many who see this cannot understand that hate is taught universally, or whispered under the breath by both sides. Its also deplorable that those who support the Palestinian cause cannot concede that many of them Hate Israel, and would regardless if there was a Palestinian conflict or not. I see this time and time again, even on ATS.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

"I'm a little bit fascist"

I've never heard Hitler or current dictator said such a brutal statement like that ....

Not all Jews are bad.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
reply to post by buster2010

How soon they forget... I am trying to work, so sorry for the breaks. In 1967, Israel was attacked from at least two points, areas that were strategically superior due to their elevation and location, Dude, this crap has been going on for a long time, they have their country, deal with it, stop terrorizing their people and learn to co-exist as many from the left use only to their agenda. If I had space, and my neighbor hassled me as do the palestine leaders, I would be more aggressive than Israel, I give them credit for not being MORE aggressive, I would not be as nice. Most Israel haters have an agenda, very, very transparent agenda(and quite old to say the very least) and they so easily forget certain parts of the history of the region (lack of directive or blind to truth, you pick) But those whom want to see wanted peace are not on the palestine side of the border, Sorry, I am not so easily swayed by the BS....

Why do the Jews insist on living in a region where they are despised and hated?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

coolieno99

Because they have been conditioned by Zionist programming that living there makes them favourable in the eyes of God, or that it is good for the survival and prosperity of Jewry to live there.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

coolieno99

If the Jews were not there, they would hate each other.

Look to history to see the wars they waged on their fellow brothers.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Anger shown by Palestinians toward Jews

(slide cursor over image and click to view gallery)
Palestinians clash with Israeli security
edit on 9/30/2013 by coolieno99 because: add instruction to start slide show

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Anger for a reason..it is resistance to the slow death that israel is forcing on them as a nation.

storify.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join