It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I am now addicted to surveys...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

I've been rather quiet lately and there is a good reason for it. I found a site where they pay for people to take surveys. I won't say the name of the site because I am not seeking to advertise or recommend it - in fact for most people it would probably be a maddening waste of time as it can take a LOT of work and does not offer much in the way of rewards - compared to most other things.

In other words a teenager with a lawnmower could earn more in an hour than doing surveys yields in several times that.

BUT....

See, there's the twofold thing of it. First, I am - as many know - in the process of getting disability. So I am very limited in what I can actually do. For those conservative types who might show up and scream "Then mow lawns or take surveys for a living ya lazy bum...." I reply:

I can mow my own lawn, but it takes me two days because the medication I take is far too sedating to let me be that physical for any length of time ( I have a very cheap push mower and a very large yard. )

Secondly, I AM taking the surveys! But man cannot live on five to ten bucks per day!

The second aspect of it is this.... Anything that involves a "do / reward" process is like DEATH to anyone with my sort of problems - Aspie with OCPD.

It's like tying a carrot to the end of a stick and then dangling it in front of me. Somehow it triggers the "I'll take that challenge" part of my mind... and the next thing I know? It's 27 hours later and I've been chasing that damn carrot non-stop for the entire period trying to get that next five or ten points.\

You know, like a video game... but without the game... or most of the video. But same concept.

That's right. Doing surveys, I've discovered, triggers my endorphins and competitive hormones. It makes me want to gold medal at survey taking...

It is AWFUL!

Given my personality, eventually I will find a balance and figure out a routine that allows me to indulge all of my usual things, including ATS. But right now? It's all surveys ( Oh and Marvel Avengers Alliance on Facebook.... good GOD that's an addiction as well. You should see my comical butt jumping from tab to tab... answer a question about a video I just watched... change tab... have Cyclops punch Bullseye... tab back over... answer another question.... In fact, hey Chuck Lorre - have Sheldon Cooper do this and mail me a check for being the sad, real life inspiration! )

That's the end up my life update and my confession...

Back to the surveys to see if I have enough points for another Amazon card or not....

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am so glad I am not the only one on this!

I have worked hourly before but my last few jobs have been self-employment, where I could work as little or as much as I liked. I get the same way, very competitive. I feel like if I am not sleeping I should be working. This sounds great in theory but it can REALLY mess with you.

I have a tendency to work myself to death. I have a pattern of working 3 months on 3 months off. I will work SO HARD for 3 months that I literally sleep and work 12 hours each, then I get SO fed up I take three months off completely. I'm with you on that one.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

LOL! When I saw the thread title I KNEW it just had to be you Heff!

Just back away from the keyboard buddy, admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. Just say NO to online polls kiddies!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Even though you can't stay physically active, you are still exercising your grey matter with these surveys.

I've heard of these before and wouldn't mind taking part. I'm in a similar boat as you, though it is a pain issue that limits me. Took five days to clean the garage, which should have taken two days tops.

Do they pay per survey? How much? How long does each survey take? If it would fill my tank once a week, I'd it.

It doesn't require FB does it? I've never had a FB account.

ETA: Since I'm still going through withdrawel from nicotine, maybe I need a new addiction. LOL
edit on 21-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: just a ETA

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
sadist.
i remember doing some survays to try to get a xbox live card, i had to make a dozen email accounts and endied up wanting to throw my pc out the window.
you should take up knitting, or extreme knitting.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Hefficide
I found a site where they pay for people to take surveys.

Seriously ... U2U me .... I'm interested.
I'm stuck home with chronic illness.
If I can be paid for being online taking surveys ... or even paper surveys in the mail ... I'll do it.
U2U me the info. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ahhh welcome to the world of insanity.

I just finished off some thai green curry that came with a "Have a dinner for you and your friends!" that lasted me a few weeks. lol

Dunno where this particular survey got the impression I host the occasional dinner party, but I'm not complaining. I like the ones where they send you things to try. Had to test a funky shaped bottle of coke the other year, with it's squiggly language all over it

They certainly don't pay well any more. But like you I find it's addictive.. hehe

Just try and stop the constant emails tho even a year after you stoppped with some.. Oo

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hefficide

I won't say the name of the site because I am not seeking to advertise or recommend it - in fact for most people it would probably be a maddening waste of time as it can take a LOT of work and does not offer much in the way of rewards - compared to most other things.

You should be! Obviously not here, but referrals are the absolute best way to make money on sites like those. They aren't easy to get, but if you create a couple websites (free to do and not too difficult), get some good traffic to them and make them convincing, you can make a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I cannot believe it Heff!!!

You have finally managed to wean yourself off the bacon sandwiches???

Warmest respects

Rodinus

edit on 21-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Still spelling crappishly

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

At least you getting paid something for it. I am sure there are idiots out there who would do it for free.

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

join