It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had 1 super power, what would it be and why???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

That's a noble cause. But you're forgetting something...

It's a sad fact. Nobody appreciates a good hero, but everyone appreciates a good martyr. Or better yet, a disgraced knight in bloodied armor.
edit on 21-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The power I would want is total control of the electromagnetic forces in the universe. Or control over gravity.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I want to be bulletproof man.This would solve some mortal problems around here.
If thats taken then I would be peacful man.Emmiting peace for all in my vacinity.That would solve many problems too.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

If I could have a superpower, it would be mastery over the Higgs boson. This would allow me to control the amount of mass that any given object, particle, or group there of have. In effect this would allow me to perform various incredible feats. I could reduce my mass to that of air, and float around, while using pockets of high and low mass to drag and push myself around, effectively allowing me to fly. Also, I could decide that all the particles of which an object or foe is made, simply have too little mass to allow their molecular bonds to remain in place, freeing electrons from their orbits in such a way as to cause the object or foe to fly apart. Or I could decide to increase the mass of a given object or person in such a way as to cause them to collapse under their own density.

Also, I could decide to make heavy objects behave and interact with their environment as if they were much, much lighter. So, the out of control train, barreling down the track at hundreds of kph could be stopped with an out stretched finger. Furthermore, I could make extremely small objects, even particles, very very mass dense, meaning that the light from a flashlight could be made to hit like a tank shell, rays from the sun could be used as targeted bombardment of an area, allowing me to put down any large force which came to bear against me. In fact, with such a power, I would be able to change the normal power to weight ratio of any physical process, to produce virtually any desired effect. It's the Swiss Army knife of superpowers, because by careful control of such an ability, anything is possible. Every particle in the universe would be susceptible to my whims.

It's probably a good thing that my current capabilities are limited to razor sharp eyesight, a wolf like sense of smell, and extremely sensitive hearing.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The power to heal.
I wish I could go into a cancer ward and cure every single child, every adult suffering. I wish I could cure everyone on dialysis. Or give the gift of sight, or the ability to hear or walk again. I don't know I have too much empathy I guess.

If not that then the power to teleport anywhere would be very cool too.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

mine would be flight but I'd have to be also indistructable when I'm flying at top speeds. I think that would offer a lot of possibilities. That or invisibility or telepathy. I think telepathy would be one of the best. You would pretty much be able to do almost anything.
edit on 22-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I thought of a weird power. It would be to be able to possess someone elses body. Your body would just remain where it is in a dormant state lets say. So you'd likely want to use this power when you're in a locked room. So that you're body will remain safe, almost like if you're pretending to be sleeping. Then at that point your spirit would be able to leave your body and fly around and then enter someone else's body and possess them for however long you want. Maybe even when you enter their body that person would have no memory of the events that happened during the time you took control. That would certainly be a weird one I'd say.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Indomitable will.
Literally the ability to be unbreakable in any way, shape, or form. Mentally, physically, and spiritually invulnerable, invincible, and immortal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join