It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I get rid of my i-phone???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have an iphone. I find it very handy. It's great actually. But it's like 100 dollars a month. I can get a phone from this other company for 25 dollars. And the advantage of the other company is actually that I know they don't track much if anything at all. Like it's pay as you go. You buy month blocks of time from almost anywhere. And unlimited talk and text. Then my plan was to just keep the iphone handy and use it at hot spot for internet browsing and emails. Do you think that's a good idea? Or should i just wait and if I ever end up so strapped that I'm forced to then do it? I don't know. I sometimes tend to think that my calls are actaully being monitored. No joke. Infact I'm pretty sure they are. But I don't care anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'd sell your shares in apple, everyone I know seems to be saying this.

RIP Steve, once again, apple is falling without you!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Got something to hide? Or do you simply hate the fact that someone has access to all your info? (no matter if that info is useless to others) Get a disposable phone, switch it out every few weeks.

Got nothing to hide? Keep your iPhone and enjoy all the apps and connectivity to the people around you.

Yes NSA and others are most probably tracking each and every one of us, yes they are probably stashing all the info they can about everyone they can, in case they will ever need some dirt on someone who could be a possible threat to them and their ways.
¨
But lets face it. The large majority of us, has got nothing to hide and are useless to them.
Spam up their servers with useless info on how you went to Greece for your summer holidays, fill their servers with pictures of your latest fishing trip. They will only have that much more to sort through anyway.

Is it wrong of them to track and hog info on innocent people, allied governments and whoever they want? Yes. Should it be stopped? Yes. Are the general population ever gonna stand together and stop them? Probably not. Deal with it, or stand up and fight for what is right.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Dump the i(diot) phone and switch to android you can do far more faster and better on android not to mention theres ways of maintaining ones privacy ( at least as much as can in todays world with all the damn busybodies wanting to poke their noses into everything ) once you root android and de-google it with custom rom

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

arent you the guy who's alway making threads about going off the grid?
and you now need strangers opinions wether or not you should keep paying a $100 a month for your silly i-toy.

no you dont need it, keep it or don't keep it, who care's.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Lol get rid of that crApple and get something else. Apple tech is so backward there hasn't been any real innovation since the 4 came out - even at that point, there were heaps of better phones so yeaaaahhh...or just throw your money away why not Why Apple is Evil

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yes, iPhones are terrible in comparison to other options. The only thing Apple sells is overpriced junk. My particular phone cost me $50, I pay like $50ish a month, and it's better than iPhones in literally every way. The battery will last MUCH longer, it's practically unbreakable, the screen resolution is better, etc etc.

Get rid of your iCrap asap.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So Apple is evil, and all the other companies aren't. Yeah right. I have no love for Apple, or any of the rest of them. They're all evil corporations, and could care less about any of us.

My iPhone does what I need it to do. And it does it well. As long as it does what I bought it to do. I'll keep using it. When it doesn't. I'll get a different phone.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Beavers
RIP Steve, once again, apple is falling without you!

He was making Apple fail when he was alive, and it's still going downhill. His decision to ban Adobe Flash from Apple mobile products pissed off a lot of people. What that did was prevent people who are using Apple mobile products from enjoying the full internet.

Android products do not have this limitation.

Then there's the "updates" designed to kill modified devices. Apple is dictating what you can and can't do with their (YOUR) devices, and dictating how you can use their (YOUR) devices and their software, even though you payed for your device.

And then there's the sweat-shop labor and child labor Apple uses to produce their products. And the numerous other atrocities that this company has and is committing. Why people continue to buy their overpriced, limited-functionality devices is beyond my comprehension of logic.

If you're going to own a smartphone or tablet, Android is the way to go currently. Android is a free and open-source operating system, and most device manufacturers don't limit what you can or can't do with your devices.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

spartacus699
I have an iphone. I find it very handy. It's great actually. But it's like 100 dollars a month. I can get a phone from this other company for 25 dollars. And the advantage of the other company is actually that I know they don't track much if anything at all. Like it's pay as you go. You buy month blocks of time from almost anywhere. And unlimited talk and text. Then my plan was to just keep the iphone handy and use it at hot spot for internet browsing and emails. Do you think that's a good idea? Or should i just wait and if I ever end up so strapped that I'm forced to then do it? I don't know. I sometimes tend to think that my calls are actaully being monitored. No joke. Infact I'm pretty sure they are. But I don't care anymore.

if you cant find an old nokia 1100 in good condition ....(is old but is good) you will be never monitored

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Had a crapdroid, got rid of it, I love my iphone

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There are companies on tv willing to buy it from you for like $150 bucks...thye strip 'em and sell em in other countries...
I just saw the ad again just now...do a search for "buy old cellphones. Ipads, I phones etc)

new topics

top topics

join