It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the truth hurt so much today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yesterday a UKIP elderly MP was sacked simply because he told the truth, he said lots of young British women are sluts,,,,, We all are well aware that a lot are sluts, go into any UK town or city after 11PM and you will see sluts, lots of sluts, fighting Police, spitting and attacking emergency crews that care for people when ill or hurt, you will see sluts with a bit of black rag on that fails to cover the large bottoms, and fails to go up to the neck showing more flesh than we see in a X Rated movie.
Sorry but I would NOT call this type of female a lady or women, sorry but I speak the truth, I have been brought up to do so, if I see a green car it is a green car, not a yellow one.
Okay girls on here start your attacks on my post, I will get my bullet vest on.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

maybe since media has been force feeding girls the princess ideal and selling sex every moment they can, chicks just want to kiss as many frogs as they can till they find there prince. After the 25th frog or so that remained a frog they just lose all hope and kiss as many frogs as they can. Im just happy that there are women out there that dont fall into this trap
edit on 21-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

What was the context of this provocative social comment? Was it in a speech arguing the dangers of declining moral standards and outlining the things you mention? Let's be honest it's a word more likely than not to cause a furore so it's important to understand the message he was trying to convey. Why was he focusing on this particular social group? What sound political argument has he offered in defence?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

JAK

What was the context of this provocative social comment? Was it in a speech arguing the dangers of declining moral standards and outlining the things you mention? Let's be honest it's a word more likely than not to cause a furore so it's important to understand the message he was trying to convey. Why was he focusing on this particular social group? What sound political argument has he offered in defence?

No need to analyze the OP. Don´t you recognize a deranged misogynist when you see one?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
He wasn't referring to girls out drinking on a saturday night. He was actually speaking to the women at the conference he was speaking at.

Bloom - Sluts

He was wrong to do this but it is funny when MP's go that step too far.

JAK

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Well, you or I or anyone might argue that interpretation of the statement but, unsupported, that can be easily dismissed as mere opinion. This way a lot of matters are easily swept aside and seen as being unopposed by a valid argument even gain (undeserved) credence. Should that interpretation become an understanding through support offered by examination of the matter and the realisation that there was no valid context, this was no social commentary as has been suggested here, but rather a glimpse into the mindset of this who chap claims in defence that it was just a joke, things change. How is it a joke then? Because it referenced:

previous comments he had made about women not cleaning behind the fridge.

When the women at the meeting said they had never cleaned behind their fridges, he said: "This place is full of sluts."

Further to the illumination of this joke through it's background, after a quick peek at the facts it becomes clear that this now somewhat less defensible statement actually comes from a man who sits on the European Parliament's women's rights and gender equality committee (less funny by the minute) and who also recently courted controversy over his Bongo Bongo land comments. The claim that this was somehow offered as a carefully considered and specifically targeted socio-political comment instead of the ill-considered airing of personal opinion seems completely blown out of the water.

Just to clarify, that isn't to say the OP's views aren't sincerely held of course only that the claim that there was some valid social consideration behind that particular remark is groundless and so not only is it of no value when offered as an incarnation of some call to authority before the OP follows up with his own opinion but actually the inclusion of it as such could be considered to frame the following argument in a particular light.

tl:dr: I think we're on the same page johncarter.
edit on 21/9/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
No way he should be canned for that. They have to be professional and civil on that level of g=v. Not name calling chiildren.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

edit on America/Chicago0949303026Sat, 21 Sep 2013 04:49:26 -050049fAmerica/Chicago by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure what is funnier, UKIP exposing themselves as vile sexist mysogynist dinosaurs and pressing the self-destruct button at their own conference, or the desperate attempts of UKIP voters to try and say none of this matters. When clearly it matters, a lot, at least to those of us who think it is unnacceptable to call women 'sluts' for not cleaning properly down the back of their lord and master's fridges.

Which is to say, also on the same page as you JohnCarter.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

I have sisters, they are def not the naughty type I mentioned, what I was and what that MP was trying to say is simply that female groups have too much say in everyone's life today, they have or lots have bad morals and more females are in charge of our young in Schools, in the house, at play, children need to see the world from a male point of view too I feel.

top topics

join