It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

i think that's a completely plausible explanation (and i'm a photographer who is adept at photoshop). or.... it' s a ghost. i'm not sure if i believe in ghosts because i haven't seen one with my own eyes (and even if i did i'm not sure i'd believe my own eyes).

i think the time it has taken to try and call the OP a liar is silly. IT'S JUST A COOL STORY. why do people have to jump to call out "liar" at ever single photo ever posted here? sheesh. it ruins all the fun of talking about ghosts. i think the photo is completely legitimate and just happens to have a strange reflection in the water that makes for a really great story.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
ArchaicDesigns, do you have a photo from this set that better shows the person that was just off to left in the ghost photo? Maybe a front shot to compare?

It could be a ghost. I won't rule that out. My own experiences leave me to believe that there is something bigger going on, things we have yet to understand.

I don't think the photo is faked because they wouldn't have just done the upside down reflection. Just my 2 cents.
edit on 22-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I wanted to reply to you via PM Ghost, but it seems this function is restricted to me. I do not want to derail the OP's thread with further discussion but if you are interested in hearing what I have to say PM me and perhaps I could reply to your PM.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

To be honest, I don't know much about camera's or the like equipment, however, I took your advice and looked up the item you suggested it 'might' be, and the camera held in the photo looks absolutely NOTHING like it, furthermore, I took the time to look at other " pocket projectors " and not one of them, looks even remotely similar to the camera in the photo. I'm not defending this picture, I don't know if it's real or fake, but I assume you wouldn't believe ANY picture anyone put up unless it was one you took yourself and new to be 'untouched'. That doesn't mean you're right. Perhaps this is the 'real deal' as he said. No skin off anyone's nose if it's not. IMO.... chalk it up to entertainment

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I agree, to me, this will always the Burwash Ghost. (or demon lol)
Even after all these years, I still get a very ominous feeling from looking at the photo.

To most people, reality is everything they can touch, smell, see, and hear, but with something called the electromagnetic spectrum, the four senses can truly only ever experience one millionth of reality.

edit on 22-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Chesterpudlian
reply to post by ArcAngel

Personally, I wouldn't use a projector to hoax a 'Ghost' photograph.

No, I would use the Ghost Capture app instead...

Like I did on this picture!!

I'm not for a moment suggesting the OP is shifty enough to attempt to pull a fast one...

but if they are - this app makes very convincing images, very easily!
****************************************************************************************************************
Ghost? I see a very large bullet hole. lol

edit on 22-9-2013 by Chesterpudlian because: Spacing

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

come on some of the posts in this thread are becoming ridiculous.

5 mins to create same effect here.

This is why we need the original image to go by. People will believe just about anything these days.
edit on 22/9/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

MamaJ
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Op, I am sure you are busy... living life and all... so I wouldn't worry too much about delivering anything else unless it is not as time consuming as I believe it will be.

Seven years is a long time and if your old pc has it on it's hard drive you may not be able to grab it without spending a lot of time. And for what? So you can prove you are not lying? Who cares? lol

I believe in apparitions and do believe they can be "caught" on camera and or video. For those who do not believe, they will never believe unless they have their own experience with such.

I think it's a great picture, very interesting indeed and glad you shared the experience and picture with ATS.

Umm....I was one of the those who requested the original photo, and it certainly was not because I feel the OP has to prove him/herself.

This is perhaps one of the clearest, most defined photo of an apparition I have EVER seen, if authenticated. This photo would do WONDERS for the paranormal community, if proven/found to unedited.

Some of us are more interested in the photo itself, than the person who took it. I personally don't feel the OP has ANYTHING to prove. I am requesting the original photo for the same reason I'm a member of this site.....I have an intense fascination with the topic.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
After further inspection , I think that it is indeed a projector under the camera .
It is not round (as a flashlight would be and has its own strap.
It does not appear until the contrast is lightened.
It also explains why the `ghost` is upside down .
Or am I to believe that he is holding a flashlight under the camera with two fingers?

edit on 23-9-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Rezlooper

thepixelpusher
There are things that the original poster needs to do in order to allow a proper evaluation.

1. Provide the original unedited digital camera jpeg images so it can be reviewed (if you need help on hosting the files online ask for help)
2. The model numbers and makes of all the camera's at the scene (could rule in or out the projection capabilities question)
3. Provide all the other original photos from the prison, so we can determine what the black or dark item is below the camera that the person on the left is holding and what other items in the location might be reflecting in the water

If you cannot or will not produce the original images we are only left with supposition or speculation. Everyone here is as interested as you to look into this.

OP doesn't have to do anything. He posted his pic here for our enjoyment, which i have enjoyed. You can choose whether to believe him or not and that's about it. After reading through this entire post, I for one believe him simply because other folks from his area have been on here making posts in regards to the pic from years ago. I have yet to read anything from you skeptics that leads me to conclude this pic is a hoax or faked.

I don't understand defensive posts like this. Is is just an opposite force created, to the balance the sometime rude or persistent skeptics?

The person you replied to was very polite, not rude. They also didn't come off as skeptic, either.

The person was VERY clear and polite in what they said. They never said the OP HAD to do anything. They simply stated, in a very honest manner, the process by which we can further determine the authenticity of the image in question.

Many people, like myself, aren't skeptical because we don't believe, or because we have a bone to pick with anyone. We simply have an interest in this topic, and the more we can VALIDATE a specific piece of evidence.....the more we can actually work towards SUPPORTING any belief in the paranormal.

Anyone who actually has an interest in the paranormal, should be MORE than happy to indulge in the scrutiny of others....because it only goes to FURTHER establish credibility if they are being honest, and not hoaxing.

Also, you have to understand that for every genuine article of paranormal "evidence".....there are thousands of fake articles. This goes for everything from ghost photos, to UFO videos, to bigfoot stories, you name it.

The scrutiny of a skeptic is naught but a tool to the honest person presenting the evidence. To a hoaxer , however, the skeptic is the greatest obstacle

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by thepixelpusher

So the 3 photos he has already provided isn't enough?
Why?
I can download the last picture uploaded and review it quite easily.

If you are honestly asking why the original photo is the one that matters, and not 3 copies of the same thing.....it is because of the information contained in the UNMODIFIED file. A LOT more information is present. To the naked eye, it is the same thing.....

Think of forensic evidence.....it is quite similar.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thanks again for this thread. The picture is definitely interesting!

One more question: the second photo you posted, which you said is the oldest copy you have, is MUCH worse quality than the first, which came not from you, but someone you just met.

I'm just curious, why is the quality that YOU had much worse quality?

Would it be because you didn't just flip the picture around to show a friend, but you also altered the filters to try and make the ghost image more clear, so you guys could see it better?

edit on 9/23/2013 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

The picture in the OP is one of my own and not my newly met friend's version. I have a few versions of the photo floating around from e-mailing it to people and running it through light filters and messing around, just things that most people would do when they have an interesting picture of sorts.
The 2009 version of the photo is just the oldest one I could find, not the clearest. I may have several versions of the photo, but the figure is always there in all of them and is unaltered, only things like lighting, rotation, filters...

The second an original JPEG has moved hard drives or is saved in any fashion, it is no longer 'original' and the new date will conform in the file. And the digital camera is long gone, so there is not much else that I can do as far evidence as goes. I'm glad you find the thread interesting though, I never expected it to catch so much momentum. lol
I was just trying to share a story and an old ghost pic, which might have never made it onto ATS if it wasn't for my new friend and some old memories.

edit on 23-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

It has been a while, so I can't remember everyone's exact positioning and what they were holding. I know there was a couple MAG flashlights and a pair of binoculars I think, but again, there was no type of projector, I assure you.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm calling this a fake. The two pictures have the same image of the subject in question. The one is just rotated. You think it would be a little different. I would say it was photo shopped.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Good picture, did you notice the ORB at the end of the table, water is suppose to be a conductor for spirits, and not always good one's.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

This is a pretty cool photo.. What type of camera was used? Flash? Type of flash? Shutter speed etc? I'm a Paranormal Investigator with a few years under my belt so I know how hard it is to verify photographic eviedence these days due to photoshop.

Sweet snap friend

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
That isn't a ghost. I believe it to be a demon. If you look at his mouth it is to a very clear indicator this is a very dark entity. When I was younger I once saw a man in black standing in my room with a huge grin/mouth. He would visit me nightly for about a month and it finally left when I got rid of all my dark arts material and started living my life in a better way. I started to go to church and asked my pastor to come into my room and bless it because it didn't seem to be anywhere else in my house at the time. This is bad ju ju

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by supermarket2012

The picture in the OP is one of my own and not my newly met friend's version. I have a few versions of the photo floating around from e-mailing it to people and running it through light filters and messing around, just things that most people would do when they have an interesting picture of sorts.
The 2009 version of the photo is just the oldest one I could find, not the clearest. I may have several versions of the photo, but the figure is always there in all of them and is unaltered, only things like lighting, rotation, filters...

The second an original JPEG has moved hard drives or is saved in any fashion, it is no longer 'original' and the new date will conform in the file. And the digital camera is long gone, so there is not much else that I can do as far evidence as goes. I'm glad you find the thread interesting though, I never expected it to catch so much momentum. lol
I was just trying to share a story and an old ghost pic, which might have never made it onto ATS if it wasn't for my new friend and some old memories.

The pertinent EXIF data doesn't change on a .jpeg simply from being saved in any fashion. Sounds like a lot of excuses to me.

Regardless, I don't know that a projector was present, but 10 minutes could yield a similar image via photoshop.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

That's the oldest version I have (2009), nothing was changed except for a few filters. I can't help it if the EXIF data is not present the way you like it. It has been many years and the original off the camera is no more, if I was planning on posting this picture and trying to prove it's validity in the past, then yes I would have made a better attempt at keeping it. That was never our intentions however, it was just for our own personal satisfaction and story to share.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join