It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

The real deal as in, nothing was done to the photo, what you see is what we caught on camera.
Like I said, I'm open to theories about the photo being a reflection or some type of light anomaly, but it was no way faked or hoaxed because I was there, first hand. That's what I mean by the 'real deal', it can be a lot of things but it's not a hoax.
edit on 22-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hey I noticed something else in your photo under the table.

Looks like a demon lol.
edit on 22/9/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks OP! I didn't want to sleep anyways...

Great quality post, S+F!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ok, so the second anomaly was found in the picture - I see about 5. No .. not pointing them out either.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The ghost looks like a drawing. Is it a ghost of a drawing? Seriously this thread sucks!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Nice catch! I have never noticed that before, creepy!

It kinda looks like the Devil from that Legends movie with Tom Cruise back in the day. lol

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

supermarket2012

ArchaicDesigns
I'm going to try and steer this thread back on track a little bit, does anyone else have a similar type of photo involving a ghostly figure or apparition near water? I wonder if others have experienced this type of phenomena.

I wish I had more interesting apparitions to share. We took many photos that day and went through them with a fine tooth comb, and that was the only photo with a ghostly figure of any kind. Which makes me curious about the water, as an earlier poster mentioned, many people believe water to act as a gateway of sorts.

I plan on returning one day with some friends, and this time I will be prepared.

edit on 21-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

Do you have the raw, unedited photo right from the digi camera as requested? I'd be interested to see it as well.

I am currently working on producing the RAW version of the photo, It has been 7 years and 2 computers later so it is not an easy task. The one computer with the original photo isn't booting properly, but I still might be able to pull it off.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm a fellow Sudburian & I have to say that I believe that the photo is NOT a hoax. I have heard of other people from our area having experiences in that location as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

hey put the harddrive in your new computer.

if the drive is IDE buy a IDE to sata converter.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Let's see the raw original image with true EXIF data. OP's shows it was exported from Microsoft Windows Viewer.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thai69
Let's see the raw original image with true EXIF data. OP's shows it was exported from Microsoft Windows Viewer.

or copied raw off the camera.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Op, I am sure you are busy... living life and all... so I wouldn't worry too much about delivering anything else unless it is not as time consuming as I believe it will be.

Seven years is a long time and if your old pc has it on it's hard drive you may not be able to grab it without spending a lot of time. And for what? So you can prove you are not lying? Who cares? lol

I believe in apparitions and do believe they can be "caught" on camera and or video. For those who do not believe, they will never believe unless they have their own experience with such.

I think it's a great picture, very interesting indeed and glad you shared the experience and picture with ATS.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

MamaJ

Op, I am sure you are busy... living life and all... so I wouldn't worry too much about delivering anything else unless it is not as time consuming as I believe it will be.

Seven years is a long time and if your old pc has it on it's hard drive you may not be able to grab it without spending a lot of time. And for what? So you can prove you are not lying? Who cares? lol

I believe in apparitions and do believe they can be "caught" on camera and or video. For those who do not believe, they will never believe unless they have their own experience with such.

I think it's a great picture, very interesting indeed and glad you shared the experience and picture with ATS.

Before photos are authenticated as real, there needs to be serious analyzing of every aspect.
original photo could prove that his telling us the full story.

EXIF data means allot as we can get the shutter speed and other details.

Usually this is the case in these kinds of posts, the op fails to deliver original photo.

Not saying his photo is fake or real yet until I see some more evidence. its a 50/50 chance at the moment.

He should be able to find his original file on his computer after 7 years.
if this photo was mine and it had a ghost in the picture I think I would least make a few copies onto a cd.
So if it was so important to the OP why didn't he do this. makes no sense.

Also I am wondering

You said that this photo has been emailed around by another friend. how come we haven't seen it here at ats or on other ghost websites?
this copy also shouldn't have that red arrow in it.
Most of the time stuff that was emailed around like that 7 years ago would make it on the Internet,

edit on 22/9/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Although the picture is really cool, and I'm definitely not a skeptic, isn't this something we call Pareidolia? We tend to see faces and people in anything.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

if this photo was mine and it had a ghost in the picture I think I would least make a few copies onto a cd. So if it was so important to the OP why didn't he do this. makes no sense.

Also I am wondering You said that this photo has been emailed around by another friend. how come we haven't seen it here at ats or on other ghost websites? this copy also shouldn't have that red arrow in it. Most of the time stuff that was emailed around like that 7 years ago would make it on the Internet,
reply to post by amraks

I have a copy of the photo on my current computer, It's just not the original because it has been saved a few times from PC to PC, and with the odd crop here and there the date reads 2009 for the created date. I sure I can still produce the original RAW photo. My old PC starts up in SAFE MODE, so I am going to transfer in onto a memory stick...and I can't find mine so I will have to go buy a new one today. lol

My new friend from work isn't really into ghosts other than that picture and he was unaware of ATS period. He kept it because it was the closest thing to a real ghost he as ever seen. He said he only showed a few people like his mom and what not, close friends. People from Sudbury aren't fame or attention seekers, we are more into exploring and investigating, living for the moment and cherishing our experiences and memories. Besides, it wasn't his story or photo to tell.

My friend, D.L., the one who took the picture, he doesn't even have a copy of the photo anymore. Sometimes more serious and important matters come by and life goes on. He will never forget the experience though...plus I'm sending him the photo again.

For the amount of excitement and crazy experiences we have encountered together over the years, this photo is just a drop in the bucket

edit on 22-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Alright everyone, here's a picture my husband took in the exact same area/corner that the OP took his, well not as close up. That's me trying to get across the deep water on an old broken wooden table. It's in the basement with about a foot of water throughout.

No ghost

Anyway, this gives you an idea of the surroundings of the OP's original picture.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There's obviously a second camera aimed at the same spot... why are we not being presented that footage as well? Is the goal is to investigate the paranormal or present it? there is a huge reflective surface in that room on the floor light coming in as can be seen by the lit ripples on the wall very easily this can be a reflection of either of you, the "arms" do not look down over knees as you suggested to me. They look to be holding something chest level perhaps a camera.

Unless you present the video or other pictures of the same shot. I am going to make the assumption, you and your friend were walking in and noticed the reflections and framed this shot on purpose, and are presenting what you want us to see, shrugging the rest off as insignificant, with the auto suggestion of body position... what appears to be a figure is present yes, saying arms are here there or standing sitting is extraneious information, that can divert many from even questioning it but accept, arms down hugging the knees huddled in a corner... this paints your picture... this does not mean it is the actual picture, you also suggest that it isn't a reflection of you.

Without the other footage or shots that are aimed directly at the same spot... it is you, intentionally presenting a well crafted deception. Thats what I see.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Okay, OP. I am inclined to believe you are sincere about it being the 'real deal'.
You've got a very interesting image there.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

BTW...Is there any way someone can blow up the 'orb' at the low end of the table, where the edge meets the water?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It looks to me that the figure isn´t crouched at all. Photoshop/Gimp can produce convincing images too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join