Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

You don't?
He was an awesome Joker, very true to life which was in line with the more "realistic" tone of the Dark Knight series.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by Nyiah

That would make a lot more sense if the picture had not been taken in 2007 where as the Dark Knight was released in the summer of 2008.

I didn't say it was a visual projection done in 2007. I said that I feel this is a photoshopped picture, as in, someone, be it the OP or a skilled friend, edited in a nifty little visual after the fact, and if I'm right & that really is the Joker, they did it after the movie's release, quite obviously.

If I'm right, he's either trolling, or being trolled himself. I'd be thrilled if a 'shopper with good skills could come in & either validate or debunk my claim. No skin off my nose if people who know what they're doing with digital images can prove I'm wrong here.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Sorry, I worded that wrong. lol
I meant, I don't understand why so many people try to tie the Ledger Joker into conspiracies and what not. (understandable in some cases)
I do agree, his performance as the joker was amazing, one of the best.

edit on 21-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I think the close up shot at the top of the second page pretty much debunks your theory. It just blends in far too well to be a fake.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Interesting OP. I wish I could have been there with you. I love doing this kind of stuff, and I like "urban decay" style photography. The ghost is an extra bonus.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I'm still waiting for this "'shopper with good skills" to come on by and debunk our photo...but that's not going to happen, because it's the real deal.
I'm open to theories and hypothesis about reflections and light anomalies, but I'm telling you as a honest person and member of ATS, that there is no projected image or editing of any kind on this photo.

We discovered the image on the walk back to the cars, while we looked through our photos. There was no time for editing of any kind.

edit on 21-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The problem with the projector idea is that it dose't quite hold up.
I have a small pico projector and did an experiment with water.
First a projected image would be much larger when held from that distance.
You would also see some border of the projected image.
Then the image would also be washed out from the flash.
Plus the image would extend beyond the water line.
Also there would be a reflection on the wall from the image being projected onto the water.
There are caustic reflections on the wall from the flash but not from a projected image which there should be if a image was being projected.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
this thread started out to be very interesting..
but like most threads of this kind nothing can be discussed
because they always digress into back and forth discussions
of how this was faked...i wish we could just talk about the original OP
...for once...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Frankly there simply isn't much to talk about. If its a ghost then it's unlikely we will ever learn the name of the person. Most of the general information about the area has already been put forward, as has the existence of other pictures from this location....after that there isn't much left to talk about.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

autopat51

that is very creepy..was there any temperature change noticed?
i dont know much about this but it seems to happen..

The whole building was unusually cold, so it was hard to determine temperature changes in individual rooms.
I always felt like someone was watching me however. The entire place had a very negative vibe to it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I think it looks like a Amerindian, looking down.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Not sure what this is, but it does not look like the Joker to me...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
if you ever go back it would be neat to have a "ghost box"
i think thats what they call it...to communicate with spirits.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

In the top right corner it really looks like a person. Perhaps I am just tired but that's what I saw first then the spirit you pointed out.....

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

i'm with you. this started out interesting but once one person says "fake" it goes downhill and takes over the discussion.

it's eerie and interesting. it doesn't have to mean it's an actual ghost..... it could just be a chance reflection like jesus on toast. can't we just let it be a cool story?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

VeniVidi
reply to post by Nyiah

Not sure what this is, but it does not look like the Joker to me...

It has been mentioned that it is a demon, but I felt something else when I first looked at the picture. I felt an overwhelming sadness and oppression from this reflection. Someone said in one post that it was a minimum security prison for minor crimes, but I feel something more sinister. It makes me think of the boys home in Florida that is getting a lot of attention lately. Many graves are being found on the property. Anyone else getting the same vibes?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

It's probably an Amerindian that was put in prison for being an Amerindian. It's sad, just like the being looks.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It does look a bit like the Nikon Coolpix s1000pj mentioned earlier in the thread...

Wiki link w/photo

And the thing below it? A flashlight, I suppose, as the OP says. I can't understand why the digital camera (projector?) would be so obviously included in a hoaxed picture though...so...I have no idea what it is!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Oh i know, that place is gonna have some bad, bad juju when its all said and done. I really don't envy the first crew that goes in there ghost hunting.

As for the pic, well i imagine that just because it was a minor prison doesn't mean life there was by an means easy. If anything the graveyard alone should hold just enough darkness to make this place a hot spot.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello.

This is a great thread and I love urban decay and exploration.

While I believe that there are truly things we do not understand about reality, I feel that the OP picture is not anything but an example of shoopery, albeit clever shoopery. I make no representations regarding who did or didn`t do anything; I only provide evidence.

I ran some filters and level adjustment in a variety of combinations in Photo Shop. I do have my own method to doing this, but nothing has been added to any of the images that was not present in the OP except for highlighting of any relevant anomalies. I feel the last picture clearly shows edges that are not congruent with the rest of the image.

However, I will let readers decide what these filters represent.

Firstly, level adjustment, posterize and sharpen to detect colours that do not match the surrounding image comes up negative, with the hues of the figure matching reflection of debris top center. Filter reveals nothing to suggest fakery.

Next, plaster filter to detect in-congruent brightness and other contrast related anomalies. Overlay low opacity of OP picture to line up figure with result. There is an anomalous increase in brightness that matches the figure`s forehead but not the rest of the figure`s body. This suggests to me the use of burn and dodge tool for blending. Highlighted result.

Following is a regular emboss to detect pixel density changes and edges. Pixel density of the figure seems higher than the reflection of the debris top center, suggesting the figure may have been introduced on a separate layer with opacity changes.

Finally, accented edges detects false edges that are congruent with the height of the figure and lines up with it`s expected edges if added as a tertiary layer to an original image. Highlighted unexpected long runs of straight pixels in the filter that represent edges.

My opinion, though not expert by any means is that the image was cleverly but definitively shooped.

Nice to hear from someone else in North Ontario though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join