It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the old Burwash Ghost and One in a Million odds

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I totally agree. And thank you for taking the time to remind some of our members to stay on topic

Xquizit

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Apparently, after we left the prison that day, my friend D.L. (the photographer) decided to take his exciting find down to the local Source (electronic store) and show it off to the boys. He struts right in to the video department claiming he has a ghost and want to check it out on the big screens and what not.

ArchaicDesigns, is this a picture you took?

In the initial post you say it was taken by a friend D.L. Have you contacted D.L. to supply the original image, so we can review it?
edit on 23-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

***************************************************************************************************
To your comment: gimme gimme gimme and THEN I"ll believe you..... I really doubt that he or anyone else gives a care if YOU believe them or not. What do you want him to do? Mail you the original picture? Jeesh people, whether or not it's real - what does it matter? He said it was, he has been consistent in what he's said, and yet ya keep beating him up over it. Give it a rest already for crying out loud. If you don't believe it, move on, find another post you DO believe. Yanno.... like one where someone is married to an alien and they have little alien babies and they all travel the intergalactic highway for family vacations. Give the guy a break! Some of you have your doubts, ok, have them, but must ya be so very rude and insulting? This is HIS pic and HIS story, he didn't HAVE to share it at all. Just think, if he hadn't, what would you all have done with the hours you invested into disproving one picture on photo shop and all but out and out calling him a liar? Oi Vey!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by keflon

Hey man! Nice of you to drop in. Thanks for sharing your angle of the story, that's a real nice touch.

Welcome to ATS by the way.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

You just totally creeped me out.

OP AWESOME pic!! I would definitely not want to be there at night though.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

VindiVin

***************************************************************************************************
To your comment: gimme gimme gimme and THEN I"ll believe you..... I really doubt that he or anyone else gives a care if YOU believe them or not. What do you want him to do? Mail you the original picture? Jeesh people, whether or not it's real - what does it matter? He said it was, he has been consistent in what he's said, and yet ya keep beating him up over it. Give it a rest already for crying out loud. If you don't believe it, move on, find another post you DO believe. Yanno.... like one where someone is married to an alien and they have little alien babies and they all travel the intergalactic highway for family vacations. Give the guy a break! Some of you have your doubts, ok, have them, but must ya be so very rude and insulting? This is HIS pic and HIS story, he didn't HAVE to share it at all. Just think, if he hadn't, what would you all have done with the hours you invested into disproving one picture on photo shop and all but out and out calling him a liar? Oi Vey!!!

I asked for an original digital copy. It's unfortunate that most people don't realize the valuable data that can be gleaned from EXIF properties on an image file. They can tell you when the photo was taken, with what, what the settings were and if the photo has been opened or edited in an image manipulation program. I examined his picture and took ten minutes to reproduce the same effect through image manipulation. I went on to explain how it can be done. Furthermore, the "entity" in his photo bares striking resemblance to the Undead race in a very popular game called World of Warcraft.

I'm entitled to my own opinion, and my intentions on this board have always been to "Deny Ignorance". I'm doing my best to do exactly that. Ignorance is what allows people to believe images like this are real. I'm allowed to ask for supporting evidence that this is real. If it's not real, then what are we discussing? Fantasy?

To add, I'm not impeding on the discussion of supernatural or paranormal activity. An image was presented, and I don't feel like it's the real deal. I think the experience would be cool for sure if it were though, but unfortunately it doesn't fit the bill for me. I'm just trying to make people aware that these sort of things are very easy to hoax. Is it wrong to hope that people won't fall for this stuff if it proves to be a hoax?

edit on 24-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The centerpiece of this thread is the ghost photo so I do think it is relevant to want to verify the image in some way. The original EXIF data on the original image is very important.

I'd also think the thread's author would go out of his way to help us in studying it. Many reasonable questions have been asked that have gone unanswerd by ArchaicDesigns. ATS is all about questions and information. If this was to be a thread for reading only to enjoy I'd understand, but it is not wrong to want to verify the image and ask questions. You can still enjoy the thread either way.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The fact there's a device that actually looks like a pico projector underneath the camera seems incredibly odd, the camera has a built in flash which is good enough for most shots and on that sort of camera I don't think there's a way to sync an external flash as suggested.

Sorry but that for me makes the thing unreliable..

As for the reflection of the wall in the water, well its fine but does not rule out further edits to the photo..

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I've skipped over a lot of this thread...but did anyone happen to notice, in the original pic, that against the wall, there appears to be two " glowing" dots? These would be where the eyes would be if there was actually something there...like a reflection. also, it almost looks like a hand or claw on the bottom of the wall. Then again, it may just be a little past my bedtime...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

kosmicjack
Just as a reminder, the description of the Paranormal Forum:

The Paranormal on ATS:

 This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

The purpose of this forum is not to automatically debunk paranormal activity, it's to discuss it. Sometimes that may lead to disagreement or even debunking but trolling an anti-paranormal agenda or rudely accusing a member repeatedly who has simply shared an experience is not acceptable.

Sharing an experience and sharing a photo brings about different review.

If the centerpiece of this thread is the "One in a Million odds" photo, is it not right to want to evaluate it? Plenty of ATS members have been banned for offering doctored imagery on ATS. I'm not saying that is the case here, but the OP is not providing any of the other images taken by D.L. or even checking into the original image. Other images could show what item is in the hand below the digital camera of the unseen person to the left of the cameraman to prove it's not a projector. A seperate frontal image of the person off to the left of the image area, holding the extra digital camera, also could prove or disprove the reflection theory, etc. But, the OP just doesn't bother to address or answer these questions anymore. Though the OP has new comments for those in agreement.

Until the OP offers more details or images to revive this thread, what more can be said?
edit on 24-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: edited for content

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

thepixelpusher

kosmicjack
Just as a reminder, the description of the Paranormal Forum:

The Paranormal on ATS:

 This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

The purpose of this forum is not to automatically debunk paranormal activity, it's to discuss it. Sometimes that may lead to disagreement or even debunking but trolling an anti-paranormal agenda or rudely accusing a member repeatedly who has simply shared an experience is not acceptable.

Sharing an experience and sharing a photo brings about different review.

If the centerpiece of this thread is the "One in a Million odds" photo, is it not right to want to evaluate it? Plenty of ATS members have been banned for offering doctored imagery on ATS. I'm not saying that is the case here, but the OP is not providing any of the other images taken by D.L. or even checking into the original image. Other images could show what item is in the hand below the digital camera of the unseen person to the left of the cameraman to prove it's not a projector. A seperate frontal image of the person off to the left of the image area, holding the extra digital camera, also could prove or disprove the reflection theory, etc. But, the OP just doesn't bother to address or answer these questions anymore. Though the OP has new comments for those in agreement.

Until the OP offers more details or images to revive this thread, what more can be said?

My thoughts exactly. The image is the "focus" of the thread while the back story just goes along with it. If we are to discuss the story and image, wouldn't it make sense figure out if the image is real? Otherwise we're just tickling the OP's fiction fancy.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

ZiggyMojo

ArchaicDesigns

Then you should be able to pull this data up from the file I uploaded on to a hosting site earlier.
That's the oldest version I have (2009), nothing was changed except for a few filters, shouldn't the data you need still be there?

The problem is it says it was edited. Period. The "origin" of the file is not the camera, it states that the origin is a program on your computer.

If you can give me the raw,original image, without any filters etc. No Arrows.. Then I'll believe you.

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that I also found another "ghost" in your picture! I pointed it out with the green arrow! It took me no more than 5 minutes to find him! Maybe we could find more if we look REAL hard!

In all honesty all I did was:

1.Pull an image of google images of an undead and saved his "original" image to my hard drive.
2.Opened them up in GIMP.
3.Cut out the bust of the undead,
4.pasted it as a new layer on the image he provided.
5.Flipped it upside down.
6.Scaled it.
7.Adjusted opacity of the layer to about 8.5.
8.Hit the "Gaussian Blur" filter for the layer.
9.Touched up edges with fanned eraser.
10.Voila.

The image the OP used bares resemblance to the World of Warcraft Undead Characters. Just my observation.

Here is the image I used for my "ghost"

edit on 23-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: Spelling

edit on 23-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

amraks

come on some of the posts in this thread are becoming ridiculous.

5 mins to create same effect here.

This is why we need the original image to go by. People will believe just about anything these days.
edit on 22/9/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

I already done this back on that last page before you posted this.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Quite honestly, if the OP was able to obtain the original image (unaltered), they could sell it to many publications out there for thousands of dollars. The image is clear enough as to eliminate doubt, unless of course if the original image is a reflection of the person to the left or it is hoaxed. This image is a ticket to easy street, moneywise that is. If the OP is not trying to dig up the original image to sell at this point, I have to ask why. They'd be sitting on a goldmine that could be licensed and sold many times.

I work in advertising and could easily connect ArchaicDesigns to any number of publications that would offer thousands of dollars for the image. Of course, they'd want the original image and would ask the same questions we're asking here.

[request for personal information removed]

edit on 9/24/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: [request for personal information removed] - soliciting personal information is Not allowed

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

I appreciate your offer and interest in the photo, friend.
Truthfully, I don't think that is going to happen at this point. I have exhausted all my resources on this matter, and D.L. (photographer) no longer has his original camera or PC for reasons which I will not discuss.

I'm sure, that many of you would have went directly to the Press and Universities no doubt, but the fact of the matter is, we simply did not. We were just fine with sharing it with friends and at parties. In fact, I don't ever recall the thought crossing anyone's mind at all, that we should bring it in somewhere. It was just our own crazy experience and story, one of many.

As far as money goes, I'm not that big on the monetary system. Like I always tell everyone, If the biggest
record company in the world offered me millions to change my music and message (I'm a musician) I would laugh in their face and tell them where to go. Test the theory if you wish.

I'm still open to discussion about our experience at the prison or other peoples ghostly encounters.
edit on 24-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

ZiggyMojo

VindiVin

I asked for an original digital copy. It's unfortunate that most people don't realize the valuable data that can be gleaned from EXIF properties on an image file. They can tell you when the photo was taken, with what, what the settings were and if the photo has been opened or edited in an image manipulation program. I examined his picture and took ten minutes to reproduce the same effect through image manipulation. I went on to explain how it can be done. Furthermore, the "entity" in his photo bares striking resemblance to the Undead race in a very popular game called World of Warcraft.

I'm entitled to my own opinion, and my intentions on this board have always been to "Deny Ignorance". I'm doing my best to do exactly that. Ignorance is what allows people to believe images like this are real. I'm allowed to ask for supporting evidence that this is real. If it's not real, then what are we discussing? Fantasy?

To add, I'm not impeding on the discussion of supernatural or paranormal activity. An image was presented, and I don't feel like it's the real deal. I think the experience would be cool for sure if it were though, but unfortunately it doesn't fit the bill for me. I'm just trying to make people aware that these sort of things are very easy to hoax. Is it wrong to hope that people won't fall for this stuff if it proves to be a hoax?

edit on 24-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

I feel like people who have been trying to verify the authenticity of this photo have been 'beaten up' more than the OP.

I always thought that constructive criticism, and healthy skepticism is essential to topics like these. I'm a FULL BLOWN believer in the paranormal, and I have been interested in such for 2 decades now. The ONLY reason I apply healthy skepticism when I do.....is because I love the subject enough to want to strengthen it.

Bottom line is no one has the original photo, and the ones in the thread have all been modified, so this is just a fun story at best

I don't think there is any room left to debate anything, because it is obvious there are no more directions to go in that respect.

With that understanding, I will again thank the OP for the wonderful story and photo, and even having the guy who developed the photo at the store coming in and posting.....that was a nice touch, indeed
Great thread

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

ArchaicDesigns
reply to post by thepixelpusher

I appreciate your offer and interest in the photo, friend.
Truthfully, I don't think that is going to happen at this point. I have exhausted all my resources on this matter, and D.L. (photographer) no longer has his original camera or PC for reasons which I will not discuss.

I'm sure, that many of you would have went directly to the Press and Universities no doubt, but the fact of the matter is, we simply did not. We were just fine with sharing it with friends and at parties. In fact, I don't ever recall the thought crossing anyone's mind at all, that we should bring it in somewhere. It was just our own crazy experience and story, one of many.

As far as money goes, I'm not that big on the monetary system. Like I always tell everyone, If the biggest
record company in the world offered me millions to change my music and message (I'm a musician) I
would laugh in their face and tell them where to go. Test the theory if you wish.

I think for many of us, wanting you to be able to produce the original photo, is the same innocent desire as how some of us are practically BEGGING for someone to catch a UFO in the sky on a video camera THAT ISNT SHAKY OR GRAINY.

The whole reality of all paranormal subjects is so ELUSIVE, and so HARD to document....that people like me are DROOLING at the mouth for a chance to see some solid evidence.

Say by chance you just DID happen to have the original photo somewhere....and say we could verify the photo as authentic. I would KICKING MYSELF for YEARS to come if the ONLY reason you didn't post it here, was because we didn't bug you enough to try and find it. I wouldn't forgive myself!

At this point though, you have made it clear that you cannot access the original, therefor there is no reason to beat a dead horse. We tried
Thank you again for taking your time to make this thread, and go further and actually try to find the original.

Also, whether or not the picture is real , doesn't take away from the fact that you didn't just simply post a picture on here claiming to have seen a ghost....you actually put effort into this thread...told the background and story that comes with the picture, responded to most replies, and even had the electronics store guy come on here
This has been an awesome thread!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Very well said, supermarket. I hope that both sides can understand where the other is coming from. The need for "real" documentation of the paranormal is a passion for some of us! In any case, this has been a really fun thread.

Thanks, OP. Even though you couldn't give some of us what we really really wanted... you still shared a very cool story, and introduced many of us to an interesting location we had not heard about before.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Thanks man! Those are very kind and understanding words, and I appreciate them very much.

I'm glad to have shared the experience and that you and others enjoyed the thread.
I don't blame any of you for wanting to see the original photo, hell, I know I would be doing the same thing if I was on the other side of the fence.

I hope you get an applause for that.

And if I ever do track down the original, you all will be the first to know, I guarantee that.

edit on 24-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

thepixelpusher
Quite honestly, if the OP was able to obtain the original image (unaltered), they could sell it to many publications out there for thousands of dollars. The image is clear enough as to eliminate doubt, unless of course if the original image is a reflection of the person to the left or it is hoaxed. This image is a ticket to easy street, moneywise that is. If the OP is not trying to dig up the original image to sell at this point, I have to ask why. They'd be sitting on a goldmine that could be licensed and sold many times.

I work in advertising and could easily connect ArchaicDesigns to any number of publications that would offer thousands of dollars for the image. Of course, they'd want the original image and would ask the same questions we're asking here.

[request for personal information removed]

edit on 9/24/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: [request for personal information removed] - soliciting personal information is Not allowed

Seems my offer message was edited by the mods. It did not request personal information from the OP, but an offer to connect them to publishers who would pay them if they produced the original and allowed the buyers a review. This would easily be accomplished anonymously via PM's here. I also said this was not a hoax offer and that I was not baiting the OP. Important words that leaves my post distorted without the full wording.

There has been critical review here precisely because members are open to this being an important event, but want further evidence. ATS is not just a message board, but is a place that can help start or share important investigations. This topic isn't elusive, and there are great investigators out there. Investigation can add to our knowledge.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh, what's the point, anyway?

It's just an image. It's not "proof" of anything, even if it was demonstrated beyond all doubt that it wasn't tampered with.

It's a dead end. It's just up to everybody to personally decide where they think that end is.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join