It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can FBI Collect iPhone 5S Fingerprint Data?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Any data on mobile devices, tablets PC etc that are "connected" can be collected and stored by the NSA.

FBI and other agencies can assess that database.

It's that simple.

IMO

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

k21968
reply to post by Domo1

Why would the FBI commit personnel and time and money gathering fingerprints of the users of I-phone?

What are they collecting them for?

Why would they want them?

Answer those questions and I may feel differently.

At the end of the day it's all about control....it's not a phone anymore. It's a GPS tracking device that can take your picture whilst uploading your unique fingerprint.

It's not a phone it's your mobile identity

"They" want to know what you're viewing on youtube, what you're buying, what time you're alarm went off to get up and go to work, who you talk to on FB, what you're tweeting about, what you're taking pictures of....and where you're doing it from and at what time, not to mention what forums you're posting on!

ALL OF THIS CAN BE DONE FROM YOUR MOBILE INDENTITY / PHONE

Small picture they use this information to target you with specific advertising...a lot.

Big Picture they will sway you're opinions via social and normal media based on all of the information you've been putting into your phone (they will know it's you and only you because you gave "them" you're fingerprints).

Eventually they will have such a big profile on everyone collectively that they will have a profile of the country you live in. This will influence government, it will influence the greatest control over the population...MEDIA.

edit on 21-9-2013 by haveblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Why, oh why, is anyone communicating anything more than grocery lists to execute on the way home from work?! What is wrong with all of you. Even the feds use couriers for TRUELY sensitive info. All the other so-called sensitive data by the feds is bait, psy-op and intentional diversion.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

They most certainly can.

I was riding a city bus once and someone had what appeared to be a fingerprint scanner on a smart phone disguised a lie detector. The lady with the phone would get someone to put their finger on the phone and after it was done scanning it would say true or lie. A little background on that person lady is someone known to abuse drugs and probably engage in prostitution, that day she was with a male in camo pants who appeared to me like he could be an undercover. My theory was she was with the undercover cop collecting fingerprints of people known to be involved with drugs and other illegal activity because she recently got busted and was working with them to reduce or drop her charges.

I called them out on their little gadget and they promptly got off on the next stop which was kind of a no man's stop that few people stop at.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

A very excellent question- i think it depends on whether NSA gives it to them or not i suspect they do or will. all the agencies now work for each other and everyone works for homesec.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If everybody is worried about using their fingerprints why not try using your toe print, not sure if it will work but i could be a lot harder to steal.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow crazy stuff. Drug dealer uses his phone to text his clients and gets busted. "It wasn't me who sent those texts " officer says "sir we have your fingerprint unlocking your phone at the time in question. "

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

thesaneone
If everybody is worried about using their fingerprints why not try using your toe print, not sure if it will work but i could be a lot harder to steal.

Never would have thought of that one! Would work though. Boy would that mess things up, in a good way!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Motorola used this technology well before Apple so droid isn't safe from fingerprint scans either.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

doubtit
reply to post by Domo1

Motorola used this technology well before Apple so droid isn't safe from fingerprint scans either.

Nothing is safe to use anymore! Depending on your way of living; some ask for it!

Rules to live by, love one another; as yourself!

Use compassion and understanding, knowing you have never been in their shoes.

And help a brother out from time to time!

And never say anything you will regret later!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Why cant we unlock our phones with coded RIFID tags sown into our clothing or somthing, maybe a skin colored sweat band on our wrists etc.

Far better than a finger print which can get dirty, smudgy ..... if you are really unlucky, cut off

Ive seen a vid of it working (below) and it does work pretty well, which you would expect from a 600$ phone. But yeah, the whole finger print thing is unsettling no matter how assured one if that its not going to be used for anything else or how badly it may work in wet/dirty/sandy/etc places.
edit on 23-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would say yes, yes they can.

http://_national_report_dot_net_/apple-iphone-5s-fingerprint-database/

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you log into your phone with your fingerprint, you could be incriminating yourself in a situation where certain actions you performed on your phone come into question. If you need your fingerprint to log in, that means it has to be you who logged in and performed those said actions. It's not just about collecting your fingerprint data (something they already have on file especially if you own a legally-purchased gun, are an immigrant, etc. etc.), it's the fact that you can't deny that it was you who logged in when some type of crime was committed. You could be incriminating yourself by using the fingerprint log-in. This is one of the reasons I never liked the idea of fingerprint log-in on notebooks for example. You never know how stuff like this could end up being used against you. Just a thought.
edit on 23-9-2013 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just in! Some Germans just cracked the fingerprint code!
Already!
Bite's to own an iphone now.
We are safe,
For now!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I sure do not want the chip either!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Um, can't you just turn the fingerprint scanner off in the "setting" menu? I know I wouldn't need it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

whouwanttob
reply to post by Domo1

Answer the title....YES.

Buy Droid.

Yikes, iphone and Android are both pretty hackable by the NSA, CIA, etc. I'm skeptical that the fingerprint reader could be accessed. The fingerprint image is never stored, just the encrypted data off on a seperate part of the chip that doesn't back up to your computer or the cloud.

At this point in the way our transmissions are collected I don't think the 3 letter agencies really need to go so far as to access our biometrics anyway. They can get all they want by tapping the communications pipelines of cell lines and the internet backbone. Maybe biometrics will be required by the new Govt. Healthcare anyway.

I'm in the mood for a new phone and the iPhone 5S looks pretty sweet to me.

BTW, "Droid" is only by Motorola. Motorola paid George Lucas some big bucks to use that name. Lucas wisely had the phrase "Droid" trademarked and buttoned up quite nicely. "Android" is the name of the "other" smartphone operating system. iPhone operating system is "iOS".
edit on 24-9-2013 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join