It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci-Fi Weapons that could become Reality within 50 yrs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've seen alot of talk and speculation about what the US, Russia and China are developing and deploying in the next 25 years but little about what will become the 21st centuries Superweapons that will probably emerge around the 2050s give or take a decade or two either way. Some people will say particle weapons, laser weapons and even anti-matter bombs.

My opinion on the matter is that the Next Generation Super weapons is rather different. I think small, well nanoscopic to be exact. Some of the theoretical weapons I have read about are the fearsom(yet fictional) Nanobots that will turn the world into grey goo, but I think it is highly implausible. Here is an example of a much simpler but much more scary method of mass mayhem.....

www.technovelgy.com...
Cookie-Cutters
Very small (corpuscle-sized) devices that can enter the blood stream and destroy an enemy from within.

"Microscopic invaders were more of the threat nowadays. Just to name one example, there was the Red Death, a.k.a. the Seven Minute Special, a tiny aerodynamic capsule that burst open on impact and released a thousand or so corpuscle-sized bodies, known colloquially as cookie-cutters, into the victim's bloodstream. It took about seven minutes ... for the cookie cutters to be randomly distributed throughout the victim's organs and limbs.

A cookie-cutter was shaped like an aspirin tablet ... two tiny centrifuges. Detonation dissolved the bonds holding the centrifuges together so that each of a thousand or so ballisticules suddenly flew outward...The victim was just a big leaky sack of undifferentiated gore at this point and, of course, never survived."
From The Diamond Age, by Neal Stephenson.
Published by Bantam Books in 1995

The key to this particular weapon is the sudden release of the kinetic energy concealed in the paired spinning ballisticules.

Thoughts? Opinions?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So THAT is what I swallowed earlier. ALRIGHT!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
50 years lol, try 20-25 years. I have no doubt this techmology will be available much sooner.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
yeah in 50 yeah they will have like mobile suits and #

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The US army is trying to innovate the way troops function in the field by producing suits that have a mechanical bone structure, this suit would allow superhuman feats of strength and stamina as the suit augments the wearers strength and endurance. They are also looking at the application to these suits of the Mirror-lens invisibility technology (much like the invisible effect in the predator movies0, this is also being developed in japan/china. It would also make sense that these suits regulate the body temperature and could even administer drugs to enhance a soldiers performance, such as upping adrenaline levels in combat situations. This may not take 50 years before the first prototypes are put into mass production, although the expense involved may see only the speacial forces using them. Ive also heard that these suits may carry some form of shortwave/ limited range motion detection radar actually woven into the suit as well as cummunications equipment which would cut back on the weight of equipment having to be carried from squad to squad. If any1 has any more info please u2u me

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The mechanical augmentation suits may already in the last few stages of testing. The history channel had a short (5 second) clip at the wrapup of an episode of tactical to practical showing a soldier with a steel exoskeleton thing on, he was carrying what looked like a refridgerator on his back. The topic of the show was protective clothing or somthing like that. They also talked about kevlar, fire proofing etc.

new topics

top topics

join