It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US and Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Watching events in the Middle East in the past few months, a few things have made me wonder. And maybe some of you guys might be able to enlighten me.

My question is "Does Israel have a hold over US politics and if so, how much?

Let me first point out my view on the situation as I see it:

Israel has been a big ally to the US for the last 40 or so years. As the only democratic government and "white" state in the region it is the closest idealogically to the United States and is therefore in a favoured position. The US has used Israel in it's maneouvring in the region and in return Israel has received billions of dollars of American funding.
Now here's the crux: Most of the trouble with Arab fundamentalists in the Middle East has it's root cause in the problems in Palestine. The Israelis have expanded and taken Arab land and this has created a deep hatred both for them and anyone who supports them. By supporting Israel, the US has laid itself open to those who oppose Israeli occupation of Arab land and the acts of terrorism that this has bred.

Now that Iraq has been liberated and hopefully a more democratic society will emerge which is friendlier to the West, Israel will not be the only ally in the region. And as Iraq has huge oil reserves, it will be self sufficient and shouldn't cost the US taxpayer anything in return. In my eyes this makes Israel kind of redundant in American foreign policy.

One of the main promises after the conflict in Iraq was to find a peaceful solution to the Israeli/Arab problems (I personally see Iraq as a stepping stone to this), but the Israelis seem to be blocking every move towards peace as soon as it is put on the table whereas the new Palestinian president seems to be open to negotiations. Sure the suicide bombings haven't stopped as the Israelis first demanded but I see that as a very unreasonable first step. It's impossible for the Palestinian authority to deal with terrorism whilst Israel is making massive incursions into it's territories, destroying the political infrastructure and fannig the flames of fundamentalism. In my opinion, Israel has to act first. But there's no sign of a hoped for break through and if anything the Israelis appear to be hardening thier stance and even making a future peace harder to achieve.

And this brings me back to the US.
Why support Israel? All American support does is bring down a world of hurt on the American government and people. The benefits of arming Israel seem to be far outweighed by the disadvantages.
Is Jewish money in the US economy an over-riding factor? If so how does that compare with the billions that the US gives away to Israel.
Is the Jewish section of the Whitehouse much more powerful than many of us have been led to believe? Are they throwing a spanner in the works of any peace process because they don't want to see any Israeli concessions?
Is the Jewish vote in US elections so powerful that it dictates the foriegn policy?
Or is there something more sinister going on? Is Israel merely an American puppet run from Washington? It's not unfeasable is it? Money brings power and if you're handing out your cash maybe you want a say in how things are run in return.

See, the problem is that I can't see how America benefits from it's relationship with Israel. All it seems to bring is problems. And whilst Israel seems to be stepping up it's campaign against the Palestinians the problems are going to get larger.

Personally, I would put my weight on Israel if I were the US. It would definitely help to appease the average Arab temperament. I would tell the Israelis that they have to get this peace process started or I would pull the plug on the cash flow. In return I would tell them that I would guarantee their safety and anyway, if they make the first move and still keep getting hit whilst trying to make peace, it's open-fire time on the terrorists as their justification for force has been removed. Even the hardline Arab states would have to stop openly supporting terrorism to show that they aren't trying to block peace.

But I don't see any of this happening. I see Colin Powell being almost openly sneered at by Sharron and new laws curbing the ordinary Palestinian's rights being forced into place on a daily basis whilst the Israeli army pushes harder and harder. Is this so Sharron has something to bargain with when he finally does get to the peace table? Or does he have no intention of peace?

Please don't get me wrong. It seems all that I'm doing is criticizing Jews, but I'm no neo-Nazi. I just see the situation in the Middle East as the main threat to my life in the West at the moment. And I see the Israelis as being the only people who have the power to kick off the peace process. If there is no peace, the US is going to receive as much blame and hatred as the Israelis will, not only because Bush has promised to bring about a solution but also because the Arabs will see it as the US keeping the Israelis in their position of power. Again, how can the US benefit from this?

What do you guys see happening?

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yet I don't agree that Iraq will transform into a democracy. It would if the Fundamentalists of Islam were not lurking over the Iraqi people. The Iraqi people have been secular for many years, and in the eyes of many Arabs and Muslims, the Iraqi State has become a huge heretical wedge of Satan against the goodwill of Allah. Even non-Fudamentalists agree. They think that Iraq is not Islamic. Islamic idealism is very important to Muslims. Now that is just one wedge.

There are other wedges being driven into the Middle East. The other wedge is the State of Israel. This is where you conspiracies fall in place. Yet I want to avoid that Zionist crap and move on. Look, Israel is a criminal state. They have done some of the worst things to people and foreign nations that the world has seen. Not only is the State of Israel criminal, but the creation of Israel was criminal. Any state carved up because of a war is criminal. There are many criminal states out there, Israel is just one of them.

Now the reason Israel is more publicized than the other criminal states out there is because of the history that is in the land of Palestine/Israel. That is where you find your other wedge. That wedge being, the religious faiths. We saw how this wedge destroyed the sanity of the Regions people, and we are begining to see how the Iraqi wedge is, and was doing so. Now we must realize that another wedge is now being driven into the Middle East. That wedge is the foreign occupation. That wedge is the invaders or the so-called liberators from the Western World.

The liberators from the West have been deplored by the average Muslim as Satan, due to the teachings of the radical Muslim sects out there that control the Mosques in the Muslim World like the Jews control Hollywood.

The Western ways are not accepted by the masses in the Middle East and because of that you have yourself a huge unwanted wedge. That wedge is just as harmful to the US as the Israeli wedge is. The reason for that is because of the first wedge. The first wedge is the radical teachings of Islam. That wedge is fighting for it's ground with the wedge of the Western World in Iraq.

Now that brings us to the last huge wedge. That wedge is the Bin Laden Group.

Bin Laden, like the radical sects of Islam, has tried to gain a position in this war aganist beliefs and ideals over the minds of the Arab and Muslim World. He has been undermined many times. Each time the West invaded Iraq he was undermined. Yet, so too were the Iranian radicals that control the high cabinets in Iran. That is where you find yet another wedge. That wedge is the Sunni/#te dispute. Bin Laden's core of fighters and followers are usually Sunni. The radicals in Iran, the ones who house and fund HizbAllah, are usually #te.

The reason the Bin Laden Group gets it's own wedge is because it has thought about the strategy of all the other wedges and has seen what actions should, or could be taken. Let me explain my theory.

Iraq is like a girl that someone just broke up with, that everyone wants to grab for the rebound. Iran wants Iraq so it can use it as a base for their teachings, and the spread of their revolution.(Which is a wedge in it's self. Iran is split by Islam and Democracy. Most radicals of Islamic belief don't except democracy, and for good reason.)

The Bin Laden Group want to control Iraq for the same reason, only they have a different ideal and a different message to preach. So basically the Iranian-HizbAllah faction and the Sunni-Bin Laden faction are in agreement on one thing. That one thing is that they don't want the other wedges to get any ground in Iraq. Those other wedges being Israel and the Western World.

So you have two wedges, the Iranian-HizbAllah Core and the Sunni-Bin Laden Core, and the American-Europeon Core and the Jewish-Zionist Core. Both wedges have a purpose, but all Cores have a different agenda. So that is why Bin Laden has in my opinion, attempted to drive in another wedge. Let me continue to explain.

Bin Laden can see that this war is between two ideals fought by several idealists. So he figures, instead of getting involved with this war, and being undermined again, why not just make another wedge. What would that wedge be???? Well let me explain.

Bin Laden recently stated that he wanted to liberate 6 countries. Those countries are:

Saudi Arabia
Jordan
Yemen
Nigeria
Morocco
Pakistan

Now those first three, Jordan/Saudi Arabia/and Yemen, are all bordering one another. So if one were to so-called liberate these countries then one would have themselves another wedge. One big F#ck You.(Pardon my French)

Anyone agree with that???

[Edited on 18-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a relationship based on the Americans having some guilty pangs for knowing what was happening in Germany during WW2. With Hitlers final solution in full swing, the Americans found out about it in mid-1943 from French underground Jews, but kept quiet to allow for a quiet & quick end to the war in Europe, so the US could turn its full attention to the Japanese; who ironically, were also doing similar ghastly experiments and mass murdering of POWs and Chinese nationals in Japan, China, and the Phillipines.

When the American forces liberated the Nazi death camps, the horror was even more grotesque than ever imagined. From that time on the US govt has done everything to protect and support, militarily and monetarily, the state of Isreal.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Another possibility may be that many American Presidents and politicians have maintained Judeo-Christian beliefs & values. The Bible says that God would "Bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel".

top topics

join