It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A clandestine launch in the Mid-Atlantic on Sep 10?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I followed a couple of amateur astronomers tweets, and in the past few days they were talking about event which took place on Sep 10 in the Atlantic ocean of apparently what looked like secret ballistic missile launch test.
What's strange is that there was no announcement of the test from any part for that date.

Source
visit the link for the detailed article

After seeing the images, my first thought was that this could be a fuel vent by a rocket booster in Earth orbit.
The time and trajectory did however not match any known object, unclassified or classified.

Here's some pics...

and video...

Some thoughts from ATSers and resident experts would be helpful
Cheers

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Looks like a rocket or missile to me. I haven't seen a launch in person but I have seen pictures of them.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
There was a thread the other day about a test using ballistic missiles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was one of Zaphod's so the info is pretty good.

P

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am curious as to what the object moving right to left above the Observatory itself is.. (that looks like a shooting star (only it can't be because it is a time-lapse vid)
anybody know?

(I'm reminded of one of many holidays spent there, when my boyfriend had taken some mind altering substance and was laying on a roof looking at the night sky. About once every half hour he'd ask what all that white stuff was and I had to tell him it was the milky Way each time.

It really was mind bogglingly bright though, you could walk the rough steep ground by the starlight. I used to know someone who worked at one of the observatories there but have lost touch unfortunately otherwise I'd drop him a line to ask if he knew more)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is discussed here:
www.satobs.org...

The other object is also ID'ed.

Missile launch sightings in the Canaries go back decades, they are usually reported as UFOs.

new topics

top topics

join