It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read before you open your trap!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I don't read nuffin and I'm not even so there and what is this anyway?

PS, nice shoes Mblah

I think it's time to microwave a frozen sausage.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It is amazing. It's sickening actually how far the human race has fallen. It makes you not want to talk to people at all sometimes but at the same time, it is funny to watch. I am actually thankful for ATS because this is one of the few, and I mean few, places you can actually have an intelligent, mature conversation. I've said it before but the intelligence of most everyone on this site is amazing and really refreshing. Read the comments and conversations on this site and then go almost anywhere else and read those. It's night and day. Tech and Political sites are the worse.

The big issue is, TPTB get away with all the things they get away with because they know that people will be too busy acting like 10 year olds and calling eachother names to pay attention to what is happening and what is being done to us and being taken from us. Pretty sad state of affairs. I have on a couple of occasions actually posted a compliment to another commenter just to see if they will still continue attacking. As you said, they don't even read, just keep on attacking and acting immature without realizing you agree with them and have given them a compliment. It's fun you should try it sometime

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I couldn't agree more, my pet piss-off is the he said/she said, we said/they said scenario that you see all the time in the political threads and personal threads on FB and elsewhere.

It is utterly ridiculous the garbage that is thrown back and forth amongst supposed adults.

There are days when I sit back in complete amazement, disgust and yes at times horror at the scene that is unfolding before me and that's when I know it's high time for me to just get the hell out of dodge.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

"Um I hate politics and if you can tell me what my screen name means I'll be shocked"

Manolo Blahnik lover. Do I get a scooby snack?

edit on 23-9-2013 by Lightseeker77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I agree people should read the orginal OP statements. If ther is an article they arent comfortable with within that OP, then they should not discuss that topic if that article is 90% or higher its content.

Now reading others comments, if the thread is 50 pages, it wont happen. So you might have to say a few things two to even three times.

Nothing I hate more than people who ask questions, when the answer is in the OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
LTNS BlahBlah

If you think Facebark is bad about this... wait until you actually get into a room with so-called professionals and somehow the same thing happens... its amazing really. My most recent experience with this amazing phenomenon was a real bitch session of an open forum recently in town. Adults, LEO, professionals, the mayor, etc. You know.. a slice of life in suburbia. Sometimes I wonder if I've had a stroke and Im the one thats actually confused when dealing with groups of random people. There are a percentage of folks who will take your words and assign a totally different meaning to them than is commonly accepted or intended... and get their panties in a wad over nothing.I don't recall this happening so much in the past, so maybe its a matter of dealing with more numerous fluoride-heads these days.

I do have a solution for this though. Works in real life so Im sure it will work on FB: shake your head, smile, and move along to a person to speak with that just might have a functioning brain and some understanding. Do not acknowledge them, do not reply, do not behave as if they exist. That reaction has served me better than the temperamental blow up and homicidal ranting sort of reaction that I have been guilty of, yet vehemently denied, in the past. I admit there are definitely times when I dont follow my own wonderful advise.

And doing this helps too... I do it often. You have a spawn now... you will need this amazing technique when dealing with other parents, your spawns friends, teachers, schools, coaches, particularly your spouse...
This is much cheaper than using a fishing priest on those who annoy you. Yes... I carry one.. just in case... to meetings with certain city officials. It says no firearms on the door, not a ban on fishing priests dammit.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You have to lower your standards...

Its your hormones, you that is getting upset at it, its always been there, the lack of intelligence on the internet, coming from facebook ats etc. anywhere where social media is involved, their is no membership qualifications, no age restrictions, no test of any kind to be part of the internet.

Its that simple. I understand your ranting, but next time some nit wit, blows your mind back with the lack of respect morals, or intellect keep that in mind..

try not to let them effect you like that, you will not change their minds on the internet, not without some kind of gain, or substitution of stimuli they get off of, people like you that care..

Yep its sick, sad, inmature and pathetic.. hence their is no age restriction, no aptitude test, etc. etc. every idiot that can get a hold of a keyboard computer with electricity going thru it and a internet connection, or even smart phone can paste the dribble all over the walls of social media..

Facebook, and other social media sites, makes tons of money off of these morons... I guess you can say they encourage it..

edit on 23-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I get so tired of repeating myself or having to dumb myself down to people who can't comprehend simple sentences. WTH is wrong with people?! My god it makes me want to never go online again and just not talk to people.

*ONE LINER WARNING:

BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION:

But...I know both sides of this fence...been there and done that...just be patient...I do not want for you to give up..."KEEP COMING BACK!"

sincerely,

shells4u

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Whereas I agree somewhat with your sentiment, I wholeheartedly disagree that the internet was always this way. Although social media goes back to 1994 with Geocities, having a pc with internet back then was still kind of a new idea. A good chunk of the people who comprised the internet back then were those who were more computer literate or within the IT industry, regardless of age. Most of the people that I knew "back in the day" were either IT professionals or hackers (or IT professionals sidelining as hackers) and both of those fields require logic. The rest were like me--people who, generally due to IQ, were placed in classes exposing them to computing early on. I learned Fortran and Basic in school. Even by 2000, the majority of my neighbors did not own a pc, let alone have internet. The two neighbors that did were both employees at Intel. Early adopters of this specific technology at home could be reasonably assumed, by computer exposures, to have had at least some logical ability or preference for logic.

It wasn't until 2003 that 61.8% of households had a pc and of those, only 54.6% had an internet connection. Those numbers kept growing as people started viewing having a pc at home as being useful (like having an updating set of encyclopedias). So, no...the internet has not always been this way. What happened was that the market grew, over time, until just about every household in the Western world perceived that having a computer at home was a necessity.
www.ntia.doc.gov...

"Out of this anarchy, it suddenly became clear that what was governing the infinite monkeys now inputting away on the Internet was the law of digital Darwinism, the survival of the loudest and most opinionated. Under these rules, the only way to intellectually prevail is by infinite filibustering."Andrew Keen, The Cult of the Amateur

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I beg to differ, not to derail mblah's thread,
but forums, and old school chats where you had to constantly refresh, had NO MODERATION, and there was some nasty ignorant bullcrap spewed from people, that was in the 90's I remember an old school social site I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, but it had little chatroom/ forums etc. I used to go there and write poetry, back when I lived in Southern Cal. Anyhow there was allot of idiotic postings and just nasty insults at people and no moderation at all.. You think trolls are nasty now, man back then, it was no holds bar.

I have been around the World wide web for a very long time..

There is a differance when words are used to learn, snare truths or understand, then when words are used to hurt, or the people just do not know how to use the words, or read the words and their meanings. Not everyone is created equal, nor have the same IQ, or common sense, that diversity in numbers high ones is one of the things, if the thing that holds our species down as a whole, when it comes to understanding as a whole. As long as that void continues to widen due to the afflictions of our own repressions in this society in order to survive, we will continue to sit upon this cliff circling this position stepping upon the same foot prints as before..

So as I said, its best for her, to understand that is best to lower her standards, and understand what she is dealing with mainly online is a result aka reflection of our society.

The web has gotten better, but this generation coming just might be the pinnacle of classlessness and ignorance.
edit on 24-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: sloppy errors

edit on 24-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

You must've been on AOL. Trolls and nasty posters are not quite the same as people who fail to read. I've been on the internet since the 90's as well. I know how bad it could get, especially as a woman. Just because somebody is a misogynist doesn't mean they are a total idiot though it'd be really, really nice to be able to make that association, lol. I think where you and I may differ in opinion is that I make a distinction between trolls/nasty people and those who spout idiocy or irrationality. The former tend to do it not necessarily due to intellect or the lack thereof but because the behavior fulfills a sense of powerfulness over another human being. They are one and the same as a bully--deriving pleasure from another's pain. The latter are just idiots who, through the massive echo chamber of the internet, think that their opinion is both right and valid regardless of logic or evidence to the contrary.

They are not the same thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Great rant!! You know what bugs me? People who start their reply with "I didn't read the whole thread but...." then go on to post something that's been posted a thousand times before in the thread. You've maybe been siting there reading a great thread about something really important, then you're greeted with this awesome comment and here you are reading the same stuff/thoughts that you've just read.
Some people don't read, they just wait for their chance to speak...it's annoying.
I usually try to get my mini-revenge on these folks and skip the rest of their reply, that's why I never get past the "I didn't read the whole thread but...."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join