It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Uncle Sam Ads say Opt-Out of Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Really had no idea where this one should go (jokes, medical) but settled for here. Mods please move if needed.

Apparently not enough young people are getting the news about what Obamacare is so a group called Generation Opportunity is helping out with some advertisements. These videos are really short and worth a couple minutes if only for the amusement.

Creepy Uncle Sam is the best political mascot

The left is having a temper tantrum. Reading a couple of liberal scribes over the past 24 hours, we can almost hear the huffing and puffing, the indignant stamping of feet; reading their tweets, we can nearly hear the feverish pitch of their whines. Won’t somebody please think of the children? On and on.

The cause? These hysterically creepy ads Generation Opportunity released urging young people to opt out of Obamacare on Oct. 1.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well that's just silly.

Not exactly accurate, but silly.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wonder if him and the Burger King are friends?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

There's a distinct resemblance. Brothers maybe?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Bassago

MystikMushroom

There's a distinct resemblance. Brothers maybe?

Uncle Sam and the King are in cahoots! The government wants us to eat more Burger King!

Moar Burger King!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Great commercials really.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It's pretty ironic really. The GOP are the ones "playing doctor", by forcing women get vaginal ultra sound probes, and pay for it out of pocket, even though doctors say they're unnecessary, for birth control.

edit on 20-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

THE APPROACH OF THE ALMOST CARTOON MENTALITY IS ACTUALLY DEALING WITH 75% OF OUR YOUNGER GENERATION'S MENTAL UNDERSTANDING.... THEY HAVE BEEN SO VIDEO GAMED, CARTOONS AND GENERALLY DUMBED DOWN THAT ONLY ABSTRACT - NONHUMAN ENITITIES SEEM TO MAKE SENSE TO THEM.
THEY WILL ACTUALLY HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE AND BELIEVE THE AD BEFORE THEY WILL BELIEVE THEIR PARENTS, TEACHERS OR AUTHORITIES. THE CARTOON, GAMES AND TV HAVE BEEN THEIR TEACHERS AND LEARNING SOURCES.
DON'T BELIEVE IT.. TRY TO TALK ABOUT EVERYDAY EVENTS OR BASIC DAY TO DAY CONVERSATIONAL MATTERS.... THEY GET BORED WITH YOU VERY QUICKLY OR MOST OFTEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...LIKE SPEAKING ANOTHER LAUNGAGE TO THEM.
IT HURTS TO SAY THAT THE BABYBOOMERS WERE WORKING SO HARD TO GET AHEAD THAT IT IS A PROVEN THAT 75% OF THEIR CHILDREN ALMOST RAISED THEIRSELVES AND NOW THE NEXT GENERATION COMES UP ALMOST VOID OF SOCIAL INTERACTION...RAISED BY TV... AND NOW OUR CHILDREN ARE BEING RAISED BY VIDEO GAMING... TO GET MESSAGES THROUGH TO THEM NOW AND IN THE FUTURE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CONVERT ADULT ISSUES INTO CARTOON AND GAMING.

A SAD JUDGEMENT OF THE UNITED STATES FOR THE LAST 60 YEARS HISTORY OF;
CONTINUOUS WARS HAS TAKING AWAY THE PARENTS,
ALONG WITH THE MATERIALISTIC ADVERTISING THAT HAS MADE THE "I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT IT" ATTITUTE TOWARD MATERIALISM
AND THE "I, ME & MINE" MENTALITY THAT HAS CREATE YOUNG PARENTS THAT EXPECT TEACHERS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS RAISE THEIR CHILDREN AND THEN WONDER WHY THEY DON'T THINK LIKE THEM.

HELL.....LOOK AT MILITARY RECRUITEMENTS USING CARTOONS...IMAGINE MAKING A LIFE THREATENING DECISION BASED ON A CARTOON. NOW YOU KNOW.... FROM AN OLD FART

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I WANT TO CLEAR UP ONE THING.... THERE IS NO DEMS & GOP SEPERATION... THEY ALL ARE TRYING TO CONTROL EVERY FINITE DETAIL OF OUR LIVES AND WATCH... SOON OR LATER AFTER ELECTION FIGHTS, AT THE END OF THE ROUND THEY BOTH END UP IN THE SAME CORNER...
EXAMPLE...OBAMA / BUSH THE WARS MONGERS... SEE ANY DIFFERENCE?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by F4Driver

Nope. Two parties = One (evil) coin. Same difference, different torture.

Dude, turn off your CAPS Lock if you can.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The Left is temper tantruming because they can't stand true criticism of obvious failure.

They are also over reacting by factors of a thousand because even the slightest exposures of truth and corruption are a major threat to their wild agendas.

Out of control shouting and throwing things out of windows are among the normal attack methods.

With the dozens of boondoggles already happening before those beloved exchanges open is proof enough that the exposures are being seen in plain sight by average Americans.

They're quickly running out of genuine talking points that make sense.

Wait till we hear about the exchange major malfunctions soon to be realized.

There's been plenty of warnings.

Who will get the final blame I wonder ?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

F4Driver
reply to post by Bassago

THE APPROACH OF THE ALMOST CARTOON MENTALITY IS ACTUALLY DEALING WITH 75% OF OUR YOUNGER GENERATION'S MENTAL UNDERSTANDING.... THEY HAVE BEEN SO VIDEO GAMED, CARTOONS AND GENERALLY DUMBED DOWN THAT ONLY ABSTRACT - NONHUMAN ENITITIES SEEM TO MAKE SENSE TO THEM.
THEY WILL ACTUALLY HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE AND BELIEVE THE AD BEFORE THEY WILL BELIEVE THEIR PARENTS, TEACHERS OR AUTHORITIES. THE CARTOON, GAMES AND TV HAVE BEEN THEIR TEACHERS AND LEARNING SOURCES.
DON'T BELIEVE IT.. TRY TO TALK ABOUT EVERYDAY EVENTS OR BASIC DAY TO DAY CONVERSATIONAL MATTERS.... THEY GET BORED WITH YOU VERY QUICKLY OR MOST OFTEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...LIKE SPEAKING ANOTHER LAUNGAGE TO THEM.
IT HURTS TO SAY THAT THE BABYBOOMERS WERE WORKING SO HARD TO GET AHEAD THAT IT IS A PROVEN THAT 75% OF THEIR CHILDREN ALMOST RAISED THEIRSELVES AND NOW THE NEXT GENERATION COMES UP ALMOST VOID OF SOCIAL INTERACTION...RAISED BY TV... AND NOW OUR CHILDREN ARE BEING RAISED BY VIDEO GAMING... TO GET MESSAGES THROUGH TO THEM NOW AND IN THE FUTURE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CONVERT ADULT ISSUES INTO CARTOON AND GAMING.

A SAD JUDGEMENT OF THE UNITED STATES FOR THE LAST 60 YEARS HISTORY OF;
CONTINUOUS WARS HAS TAKING AWAY THE PARENTS,
ALONG WITH THE MATERIALISTIC ADVERTISING THAT HAS MADE THE "I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT IT" ATTITUTE TOWARD MATERIALISM
AND THE "I, ME & MINE" MENTALITY THAT HAS CREATE YOUNG PARENTS THAT EXPECT TEACHERS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS RAISE THEIR CHILDREN AND THEN WONDER WHY THEY DON'T THINK LIKE THEM.

HELL.....LOOK AT MILITARY RECRUITEMENTS USING CARTOONS...IMAGINE MAKING A LIFE THREATENING DECISION BASED ON A CARTOON. NOW YOU KNOW.... FROM AN OLD FART

No... I'm pretty sure its done for humor. &5%? Where exactly do you get your figures from? How many children did you talk to and what surveys did you pass out to fairly determine video games are the ones raising children? Just because there are actual games to play now does NOT mean you did not play games as a child even though it sounds like you spent too many hours playing kick the can and pick up sticks as a child and are jealous.
edit on 20-9-2013 by bdmay25 because: Point out user's stupidity on assumptions.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by F4Driver

Nope. Two parties = One (evil) coin. Same difference, different torture.

Dude, turn off your CAPS Lock if you can.

HE CANT!!!! THAT WILL MEAN HIS POINT ISNT VALID!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

xuenchen

Who will get the final blame I wonder ?

That's the $10 question. I'll take that bet.

First there will be the obligatory left vs right - Did Not! Did too! Did Not! Did too! Did Not! Did too!
Then in 2014 the demoncrats take a beating.

Not that it's going to help us if the caviar club republicrats win out in the upcoming elections. They'll just beat us with a different stick.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
O o o they should make one for the army now same mask and everything. Lol

Those videos are silly are they going to put them on TV or just YouTube?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Those videos are silly are they going to put them on TV or just YouTube?

As far as I can tell online only but appears to be getting some traction.
From the article:

Published on Thursday, the videos have already racked up over one million hits combined. In the first 24 hours, over 100 publications wrote them up.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
lol, the American Government has been doing that to its serfs for years, only thing is it wasnt using its hand...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

America goes to hell while the Democrats and Republicans fight over Obamacare. Note that the military will get IOU's while Senators and Congressment still get paychecks.

Democrats and Republicans need to go in order for America to survive.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Woe, those are pretty well done commercials.

Where were they 3 years ago?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join