It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Through the Wormhole - Time and Time Travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I will try to ignore the insult.

The now is both past and present in one instant, so I'll concede on that point alone.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

the directionality of time seems to be always the same. time dilation but not really reversal per einstein

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Albert Einstein predicted and it was later proved that what we think of time and space is actually space-time, and it is the fabric of our universe. We can move around in it and through it. It therefore would stand to reason that if the universe is ever expanding, meaning that the tiniest of bits of matter and energy are becoming more distant from each other, that the reverse may also be true.

What if black holes compress space-time enough to link into a place and time where the universe was once more densely compact. There are billions of black holes out there recycling space-time.

Now, what I just said can't be proven but this can what I'm about to say. This can show you time past, present, and future does indeed exist.

1. Pictures: A photo that was taken 50 years ago that is with us today was merely an instant capture of a moment in time as it passed. A moment frozen in place.

2. Memories: Your physical body cannot go back into time but your mind can. Think of something you did yesterday, or even last summer. Now thoughts travel at the speed of time which is the speed of light so try hard to slow it down and re-enact the event in your mind. You are already attached to the past and so you are able to travel there to re live the event. You can't change it, but you can view it any time you want to.

3. The future is self evident because as you read this you are expanding with the universe. Each second brings change. You are traveling into things that are yet to be in measurements that would drive you crazy to understand because they are so small.

Anyway, that my view.

edit on 21-9-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

In terms of Quantum Entanglement, EPR Paradox and Bells Theorem communication is instantaneous.

The only relevant potential medium in such events, is defined as the present.

Our common perception of reality is the result of an internal representation and in other words this perspective is all in our heads.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Only if there is no info being transmitted- quantumn correlation does not lead to quantumn communication. The EPR paradox is not really a paradox- its a misunderstanding of quantumn correlation.

Bells theorem just says that any local hidden variable theory is incompatible w QM AND visa versa. In other words if anyone ever discovers a physical explanation for quantumn behavior then QM has to be wrong, but that's really a pretty trivial statement since QM is a statistical description of particle behaviors and NOT a physical theory. At least not in the sense of something like classical mechanics or electromagnetism which have central, guiding physical principles at their core.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

Gravity is also a statistical interpretation....

Heisenberg's principle was an attempt to provide a classical explanation of a quantum effect sometimes called non-locality. According to EPR there were two possible explanations. Either there was some interaction between the particles, even though they were separated, or the information about the outcome of all possible measurements was already present in both particles.

The EPR authors preferred the second explanation according to which that information was encoded in some 'hidden parameters'. The first explanation, that an effect propagated instantly, across a distance, is in conflict with the theory of relativity.

They then concluded that quantum mechanics was incomplete since, in its formalism, there was no space for such hidden parameters.

Violations of the conclusions of Bell's theorem are generally understood to have demonstrated that hypotheses of Bell's theorem, also assumed by Einstein Poldolsky and Rosen, do not apply in our world. Most physicists who have examined the matter concur that experiments, such as those of Alain Aspect and his group, have confirmed that physical probabilities, as predicted by quantum theory, do show the phenomena of Bell-inequality violations that are considered to invalidate EPR's preferred "local hidden-variables" type of explanation for the correlations to which EPR first drew attention.[1][2]

Source

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Forgot about those- invalid experiments? Been a while since I did physics. there could be some question of sampling bias in the aspect stuff. Do you know if there was a follow up to eliminate that possibility?

There may be non-local factors governing quantum particles- which means maybe humans can take over the universe/communicate with mars rovers in real time
(Assuming its possible to know what the non-local factors are and manipulate them.)

The useful theories of gravity (all one of them really since newton's and gallileo's are analogous to a first order approx) are geometric not statistical. No aspects of QFT have been verified experimentally for gravity. Specifically, gravitons have not been detected nor have gravity waves- despite ?decades? of trying.
edit on 21-9-2013 by sjorges2002 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2013 by sjorges2002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

In context "Most Physics concur" a response to your question is implied. Though to be more specific research into Quantum Teleportation, makes very little mention of Einstein's proposal (to the best
of my knowledge).

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Time for a music break....

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

I don't know what was in youtube you referenced, I just scrolled over comments and I think all of you missing another point how we can imagine and define the time. You all mentioning some derivatives of Einshtein space/time but there are other possibilities to define the time through entropy
the thermodynamic arrow of time en.wikipedia.org...

just a small addition (was moved by your recent post on another thread and felt some sympathy for you
)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

That's very kind. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join