It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

miliband, we will scrap bedroom tax if we are voted in the next election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Miliband: We will scrap bedroom tax www.expressandstar.com... via @ExpressAndStar

In an effort to regain the initiative after a string of revelations about the bitter in-fighting of the Blair/Brown years, Mr Miliband will condemn the controversial measure as "a symbol of an out-of-touch, uncaring Tory Government".

Labour insists the £470 million expected to be saved by the welfare reform could instead be covered by closing "shady" tax loopholes.

On the eve of his party's conference in Brighton, Mr Miliband will say the "most important issue facing families in Britain" is "the cost of living crisis".

He will say: "Under David Cameron life is getting harder and harder with prices rising faster than wages in 38 of the 39 months that he has been in Downing Street, a nd working people are an average of almost £1,500 a year worse off under his Government.

"But we have a Tory-led Government which listens only to a privileged few. Tax cuts for millionaires and tax breaks for hedge funds."

He will say the "bedroom tax" was the product of a Government that "stands up for the privileged few - but never for you".

Mr Miliband will say: "We'll scrap the bedroom tax by abolishing the shady schemes of tax loopholes for the privileged few which the Tories keep inventing.

Ed Miliband likes to portray himself as a man of the people, emphasising his humble origins as the comprehensive-school educated son of immigrants.
But only days after dodging questions about his personal wealth and sneering at David Cameron’s fortune, it has emerged that the Labour Party leader is so rich he can afford to live in a £2.3million house – with a £400,000 mortgage.
Land Registry documents also show the Milibands have remortgaged their house in north London with Barclays, the bank he savaged for its role in the interest-rate rigging scandal.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Will only believe it if it happens. He is ok with his millions and doesn't care about the ordinary person on the street. Look at the house he lives in and the money he has got.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I dont trust ANY of them any more.

Fool me once shame on you, blah blah blah.

They dont work for me, they work for the globalists and multi national corporate interests.

But I respect him for not going along with the bombing of Syria, he deserves a LOT of respect for that.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
Will only believe it if it happens. He is ok with his millions and doesn't care about the ordinary person on the street. Look at the house he lives in and the money he has got.

Have you not yet realised that to be a Front Line British Politician you have to have wealth. It has always been that way.
Give me an example when an "Ordinary Man In The Street" has ever lead one of the 3 main political parties.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't think any of them have a clue how the other half live or what the people really want. They are all full of it with promises then as soon as they are elected, nothing happens. This government would have never got into power if we knew what they had planned for us and what they have already done!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
I don't think any of them have a clue how the other half live or what the people really want. They are all full of it with promises then as soon as they are elected, nothing happens. This government would have never got into power if we knew what they had planned for us and what they have already done!

And that is exactly why nobody votes anymore.

They took us for fools, and slowly but surely the people woke up.

EDIT: it seems we have also entered the age of the coalition, where no manifesto promises have to be kept anymore.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmFri, 20 Sep 2013 17:18:07 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join