It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most effective weapon overall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What is your opinion on the most effective overall SMG, assault rifle, shotgun, pistol, sniper rifle, etc. Tell why, too.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The most effective weapon overall is propaganda, the power to move people to do violence to others. Without this, all other weapons sit on the shelf.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe you should pick a physical weapon like a gun.

I pick the MP5 SMG just cause it's the best close range assault rifle.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
new weapons??? its got to be the nuke..its the ultimate deterent.
history changing weapons..that has got to be the longbow

the world would be a whole different place without either of them..IMHO

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Heratix]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Pickeled Eggs and swallowed Alkaseltzer tablets about two hours later...

Nah seriously I have to agree that propoganda is the most effective weapon, if I had to pick a personal weapon, I'd say back pack nuclear devices are pretty ugly.

Guns?
H and K has a belt fed automatic 12 guage that is pretty wicked... I got to empty a street sweeper 12 round 12 guage that was an excellent brush cutter, they make a 12 guage round called fleshettes that is just plain nasty, I don't know if you can get them any more, but good god!
Rifles? I donno, I'm partial to the .308 but I'm hardly a munitions expert.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would say the AK-47. I know it is relatively "primitive", but it does the job. It is probably the most reliable assault rifle, and i've heard some remarkable stories about it. One I heard is that during the Vietnam war, Viet Cong would bury their AK's in riverbeds for 3-6 months, come back and retrieve them, and they would be in perfect working order

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Im not saying it would be effective for everyone but for me it would be, due to its ability to take out APC's, Helicopters and some lightly armored tanks.

Although I would have a hard time carrying it around ... Its dubbed the anti-material weapon, capable of tearing a giant hole through nearly every material known to man.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Assuming you can make the right one, BIOLOGICAL weapons have the most potential.

As far as firearms go, I am partial to Browning high powers in 9mm. My dad got me one when I was barely old enough to pull back the slide and I have loved it ever since

The AR-15 is very accurate, but I know a lot of guys don't like the .223 and prefer more lead.

The Barret 50 cal is a fine weapon as well. Not very versatile, but if i was trying to shoot someone from far away, thats what I would want.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Assuming you can make the right one, BIOLOGICAL weapons have the most potential.

Right - and they work best sprinkled with propaganda.

There are several kinds of bioweapons. Everyone talks about fast-acting anti-personnel bioweapons - the kind used in armed conflict, causing deadly diseases that spread like wildfire and kill in minutes.

BUT, the USA has MUCH more to fear from 'destabilization' bioweapons - diseases that progress chronically over decades before they are fatal.

...All the evidence shows that the US is already under biological attack from this type of destabilization bioweapon. [1 in 2 American men will get cancer, and 1 in 3 women. 60% of Americans have or are at risk for high blood pressure - which causes early episodes of memory loss, mood swings etc and eventually causes disability and death from stroke, heart attack or other organ failure. ...The list goes on.]

These diseases are silent and invisible - as victims get older, they become more dysfunctional and disabled, create a burden on society and eventually, the nation loses its 'elder resources' - experienced people who traditionally provided 'wisdom' are destroyed and neutralized by disease. Also, young victims become economic burdens instead of becoming productive contributors.

...After a few generations, the nation and democracy are totally destabilized - socially and economically. Which is about what we see now.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think you are asking about small arms, right? In that case, I would choose the new Barrett 6.8mm M468 rifle. It is essentially an M4 chambered in the new 6.8mm round. The 6.8mm is far more lethal than the standard M4/M16 5.56mm round.
This rifle and round are currently replacing the old 5.56mm M4's within the special operations units, and will probably be seen within conventional forces in the near future.
As far as the MP5 goes, its not a very effective "overall" gun. Its primarily designed for close quarters work where the enemy isnt wearing body armor. Even in that capacity, it is being phased out right now, and is being replaced with either the new HK UMP in .45cal, or the standard M4 carbine.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
id say some type of submachine gun.
excellent in close quarters.
high rate of fire but could hit targets at distances a shotgun cant.
just good overall.

id say the hk mp5 pdw
its really manuverable in close quarters
not hardy like the ak47 though

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I would say Red Mercury is the most powerful weapon for its size.

As far as handguns, I think SIGARMS Sig Pro.

I think the new F/A 22 Raptor looks like a nice weapon.

top topics

join