It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ewwww what the hell is in my soup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
EEEW ALERT!! Don't read this if your about to have your breakfast, lunch, dinner

I opened a can of Heinz Chicken Noodle Soup in a can and I went to eat I felt something hard and sharp in my mouth thinking it was a bit of wood as you do. To my horror I ended up taking out of y mouth someone's nail *Yuck* first thing I did was checked my own nails, nope different shape and colour. Also this nail was broken off and my nails are smooth. This is totally unacceptable and from Heinz too. I thought that their staff wear gloves guess someone forgot to. If you want me to upload a photo I will do it has been circled for you to see. Any ideas what I should do now?

UPDATE: Just added a photo

edit on 20/9/2013 by Sk8ergrl because: added photo

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

gross id complain were you from?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Ewww is right. I would put it all back in the can and bring it /report it to public health and your consumer advocate, depending what government departments you have on Venus. I urge you to file a complaint. It looks like someone was not wearing gloves as required when handling food.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have contacted Heinz so I'm now waiting for their reply lol. I told them that they can have a photo but not the nail as they would take the evidence and nothing more would happen. Thanks I'll report them to the food safety authority.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

That would be telling lol I'm actually from Yorkshire

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

so your not so far from me lol im keeping away from heinz everything

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Total gross out.
You should complain, send it to the news.
The nail could be checked for DNA I suppose.

To think where that nail scratched before it fell off.
They obviously are not wearing gloves.
That just 'scratched' the Heinz beans off my shopping list.
edit on 20-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

ew, ew, ew

like the other said, call the health department, and the news as well!

edit on 20-9-2013 by research100 because: fixed the emticon

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
-'excuse me waiter, what is this fly doing in my soup?'

'-I beleive it's doing the backstroke'

looks more like a unhydrated noodle than a fingernail.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He, she had a little nibble on it before it fell off too. EW

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Looks like a nail to me and the noodle would get soaked in liquid and not stay dry and hard.

It's a previously chewed fingernail, female, no doubt.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

lol ok i admit it might be a previously chewed fingernail.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

My first impulse was to just report it to the food inspection agency, but in reading the responses, I thought about how going to the press in addition to the government agency can sometimes alert the public as to what could be hiding in their cans at home.

So adding the press to the picture can serve the purpose of getting the ball rolling on perhaps recalling that batch of food. It can also give an added push for a good and thorough investigation by government inspectors of food handling practices in that plant. Otherwise, who knows just what limited actions the government agency would take on its own volition? It's just something for you to consider.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I can take another photo of the nail top side so you will see that its not a dried noodle lol and thanks for all of your responses. Its now up to Heinz.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by Rikku

My first impulse was to just report it to the food inspection agency, but in reading the responses, I thought about how going to the press in addition to the government agency can sometimes alert the public as to what could be hiding in their cans at home.

So adding the press to the picture can serve the purpose of getting the ball rolling on perhaps recalling that batch of food. It can also give an added push for a good and thorough investigation by government inspectors of food handling practices in that plant. Otherwise, who knows just what limited actions the government agency would take on its own volition? It's just something for you to consider.

Yes I agree and thank you for your advice Rikku and others who have also said. I don't like publicity I guess I'm a shy person lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl

aboutface
reply to post by Rikku

Yes I agree and thank you for your advice Rikku and others who have also said. I don't like publicity I guess I'm a shy person lol.

I wouldn't want the publicity either but you can ask to remain anonymous. I think.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

violet

Sk8ergrl

aboutface
reply to post by Rikku

I wouldn't want the publicity either but you can ask to remain anonymous. I think.

The papers want photos and all of my details if I decide to go forward. I do agree that if the public knows about the lack of hygiene at Heinz then it would make them do something maybe find who it was and give them a written warning. The last thing I want is for someone to lose their job because of me.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Um, sorry. I don't get why you're dealing directly with the company who has violated food handling practices and sent out an unfit product for human consumption. What are you hoping for from them? They are in business to make a profit and they must accept that every now and then an employee can be a dud or a plant of theirs can be using unsafe practices. It's all part of business.

And yes, the press can and should respect your request for anonymity. Think of the greater good the message will accomplish down the line if food safety practices are improved there and brought up to snuff.

ETA: If someone loses their job it will be because they were not doing their job with a minimum degree of satisfaction and competence. If gloves are not worn in a food handling and preparation factory, it is against the law, period, at least in my country. Do not assume guilt for something you have not done. You want to expose an injustice and a breach of the law. Where it goes from there is not worthy of your guilt. Cheer up. It will be ok. Be kewl and think of the public service you will be doing.
edit on 20-9-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If you decide to sue Heinz over this disgusting lack of quality control you may want to think of something. You will be suing the company owned by the wife of current Sec. of state John Kerry.
edit on 20-9-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

aboutface

Um, sorry. I don't get why you're dealing directly with the company who has violated food handling practices and sent out an unfit product for human consumption. What are you hoping for from them? They are in business to make a profit and they must accept that every now and then an employee can be a dud or a plant of theirs can be using unsafe practices. It's all part of business.

And yes, the press can and should respect your request for anonymity. Think of the greater good the message will accomplish down the line if food safety practices are improved there and brought up to snuff.

I agree with you but I had to first make contact with the company otherwise it would not look good on me as I didn't complain. Don't worry I'll make a big fuss with health authority and the press this is not going away anytime soon and this must be acted upon. Our food standards have fallen sharply over the years and companies always get away with breaking the most important rule. Enough is enough who's with me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join