It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Software Glitch Providing Wrong Prices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Throw it into my high interest savings account and wait for them to ask for it back.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Bad news....those rebates go directly to the insurance company you sign on with.....so, you won't be doing any interest earning, sorry.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I was referring to the tax credits for families making up to 400% of the federal poverty level. Tax credits don't go to insurance companies. I actually won't get the subsidy because I have some pretty good employer provided coverage.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Tax credits?
There are no tax credits...they are subsidies and they are being paid directly to the insurance companies.
When you sign up, you give a figure for your income for 2014...and that figure allegedly is used to determine your subsidy. You don't get to see it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
And of course, somebody somewhere gets paid big money for this latest screw-up boondoggle.

from OP Breitbart story;

The group responsible for building the calculator application, CGI Group Inc., bagged an $88 million taxpayer-funded government contract, the largest of any contractor, reports the WSJ.

With all the best and brightest at the helm, it's a wonder more mistakes don't happen.

I want a refund !!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

sulaw

greencmp
reply to post by guohua

it may be cheaper for a single person to just pay the yearly Tax Fine

That is and has always been the plan.

To a extent, from my tax consultant the fine is anywhere from $750~1250. This is more than what most singles receive on there returns. Thus creating more debt to the IRS...

What do you think?

You're correct and I heard it would be roughly $95. a mouth fine for a single person between the ages of 18 to 26, I could be wrong of-course, I'm sure an Obamite will be alone to correct me.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

What kind of insurance could you carry in China?

Our BC/BS we've had now for nearly 25 years covers us both in China at any Major Hospital. I used it during our visit back to Vietnam in 2006 to visit some of the areas my husbands fire base was located, I was bite by a snake and need anti venom.
Yes, My husband has used his coverage there twice while we were staying with family.
No, it's not an HMO.
Yes, there's an international number to call if authorization is needed on the back of our cards.

ETA: I think I should add, in China, for a citizen to acquire health care at a clinic or hospital you must be register as a worker in the city or have a place of established residence with proof of income.
You must also be register with the local Police Headquarters and ( Get This ) carry your papers with you at all times.
Now, I know, you will scream if we in America ask that our registered aliens ( not illegals ) carry their Green cards with them. In China, Citizens must carry proof with them at all times. I did when I lived in China, I carried my Little Red Mao Book and My Right to Attend School Papers and My Right To Work Papers every day.
It was a normal part of life, Sorry O P I'm off topic.
To better answer you question, the Chinese People have a form of Health Care for basic coverage, but if they need real services, That's going to cost them out of pocket and it's Not Cheap, Doctors in China are payed by the Chinese Government and Payed Very Little, They make their monies from Drug Company Kickbacks and from families needing Real Medical care For A Loved one.

edit on 21-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well shucks. I guess capitalism works.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The exchanges are due to be up and running in a few short days.

You know, lately i've been thinking that this whole Obamacare fiasco is just another 'Financial Product' for those on Wall Street to get rich off of. I bet you any day now we hear stories about "put options" being sold for these life insurance policies and derivatives etc..

What a bunch of poop.

American's are going to see their taxes go up, their healthcare costs go up and meanwhile the insurance companies and the other industries with their hands in this pot, will make money hand over fist.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I've thought that along along, tenth.
This NEVER was about helping those in need of medical care.
It was always about getting more customers to spend more.
Lobbyists, Wall Street, that greedy AMA bunch who secretly set prices for medical procedures.

Even prices at the vets will go up, as they use medical equipment made for humans....and now taxed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join