It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Software Glitch Providing Wrong Prices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The exchanges are due to be up and running in a few short days.
Talk of possible lack of security, workers not being vetted/bonded are scary enough, but now we have news that the prices on exchanges are not correct...that some features won't be on your policy, but other unordered features will.
This truly seems a disaster in the making.

An Obamacare software glitch is now incorrectly tabulating how much people must pay for health insurance, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.

"There's a blanket acknowledgment that rates are being calculated incorrectly," a senior health insurance executive told the WSJ. "Our tech and operations people are very concerned about the problems they're seeing and the potential of them to stick around."
Late Wednesday, Obama officials admitted that the Obamacare exchanges pose so many "cybersecurity threats" that it is instituting a new "rapid response mechanism," a call center to field consumer complaints. It has also produced a publication on how to "Protect Yourself From Fraud In The Health Insurance Marketplace."

www.breitbart.com...

But tests on the software that calculates how much your subsidy is worth, if any, only began this week, according to the Journal reporters, even though they were “initially scheduled to begin months ago.” If enrollees’ subsidies are calculated incorrectly, it could mean that some people gain much larger subsidies than they’re eligible for under the law, and others miss out on subsidies they would otherwise obtain.

www.forbes.com...

More here:
money.msn.com...
money.cnn.com...
www.rivasgoldsteinnyc.com...
edit on Fri Sep 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Excellent find DontTreadOnMe, Very informative for folks that are going to be caught in the O-Care Horror.
Luckily I don't have to worry about this, I'm Grandfathered in through my husband and his healthcare plan after his retirement.

People need to read the links you've provided and look really hard at their future, it may be cheaper for a single person to just pay the yearly Tax Fine,,,Sorrrrrry,,, I forgot, it's not a tax fine. It's a Penalty
Right wink, wink.

S & F

edit on 20-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I predict this is going to be THE biggest muck-up EVER!

I don't know of a single soul who believes it will "work" in any sense of the word.Its yet another "money grab" and I honestly think it's going to be a disaster...

The day someone can "make/force" you to do someting you know in your gut is wrong is a very sad day...not many are going to take a bite of this crap!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

it may be cheaper for a single person to just pay the yearly Tax Fine

That is and has always been the plan.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The younger workers need to refuse to pay into this madness. That's the only way, because we are the ones who are getting screwed here.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

guohua

There is no maybe, it WILL be cheaper, especially for those workers who don't make enough to AFFORD it in the first place.

This healthcare law is a vicious act of criminality and any member of congress who voted to pass this law should be jailed for treason against the people of the united states.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You know what is kind of funny about all this...the people who are going to be mostly affected by this are people in Red states because their governors, in backwards logic, decided to protest the ACA by not setting up State exchanges. So what that got them was the federal government to set up the exchanges. And now they will suffer for it.

It really serves them right, the party of small government opts to have the federal government to come into their State and set up the exchanges.

The did this for a reason, they wanted to try to overload the federal government with setting up state exchanges in a gamble thinking it would delay or break the system. Obama is calling their bluff...all it is going to do is cause problems for their residents. Good job Republican Governors...you just totally screwed your residents.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

supremecommander

guohua

There is no maybe, it WILL be cheaper, especially for those workers who don't make enough to AFFORD it in the first place.

This healthcare law is a vicious act of criminality and any member of congress who voted to pass this law should be jailed for treason against the people of the united states.

Do you understand that by you claiming congressman should be "jailed" for "treason" for passing a law just shows how much you don't understand about the Constitution.

Treason has a very specific definition and a very specific punishment...your understanding of either of them is incorrect.

And yes, it will be cheaper to pay the penalty instead of buying insurance...only if you never get sick, hurt, or have to go to the doctor for any reason. Because if you do, you aren't covered...and you will be directly billed just like always.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

AlienScience

You know what is kind of funny about all this...the people who are going to be mostly affected by this are people in Red states because their governors, in backwards logic, decided to protest the ACA by not setting up State exchanges. So what that got them was the federal government to set up the exchanges. And now they will suffer for it.

It really serves them right, the party of small government opts to have the federal government to come into their State and set up the exchanges.

The did this for a reason, they wanted to try to overload the federal government with setting up state exchanges in a gamble thinking it would delay or break the system. Obama is calling their bluff...all it is going to do is cause problems for their residents. Good job Republican Governors...you just totally screwed your residents.

The most affected people will be those with jobs who already have insurance and whose medical premiums will double thanks to this worthless piece of legislation.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You do know retirees are being thrown under the bus by various entities?
UPS, the City of Chicago, maybe the City of Detroit.....and those are just the ones I know off the top of my head.
From what I have seen, there is NO provision to keep retirees on group health plans.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The most affected people will be those with jobs who already have insurance and whose medical premiums will double thanks to this worthless piece of legislation.

That is entirely up to your employer...not the ACA.

A lot of employers are using the ACA as a cop out to providing insurance...greed and capitalism.

If you have a problem, take it up with your employer and call out their BS when they say they are forced to.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

TextYou know what is kind of funny about all this...the people who are going to be mostly affected by this are people in Red states because their governors, in backwards logic, decided to protest the ACA by not setting up State exchanges. So what that got them was the federal government to set up the exchanges. And now they will suffer for it.
reply to post by AlienScience

Let's look at the map here:

Now which are the Blue states and which are the red states?

The awareness that health-insurance exchanges are available under the Affordable Care Act is significantly higher in states with state-run programs than in those that have opted to use a federally run exchange, according to a Pew poll released Monday.

www.nationaljournal.com...
edit on 20-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I do know, But, my husband is a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer, retired 10 years ago, Office of Personnel Management and his Case Manager has already sent out the letters, from October to December we still have our Open Season to change our Healthcare also.

We keep BC/BS because we travel back to China so often and stay for 3 to 6 months.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Are you kidding?

The majority of the states on your map that show a federally run exchange are red states.

This isn't a secret, this is common knowledge that Republican Governors tried to protest the ACA by not setting up exchanges and all that did was give the Federal Government control over their States choices.

The party of small government invited the Federal Government to walk into their states and take over their entire system.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by guohua

That is and has always been the plan.

To a extent, from my tax consultant the fine is anywhere from $750~1250. This is more than what most singles receive on there returns. Thus creating more debt to the IRS...

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Also the 29 hour work week that many will be faced with, will have an effect... I have heard from working friends that their medical insurance plans had increased big time already.
What kind of insurance could you carry in China?

My wife has medical insurance grade "A" in her country and cost about $500 a year with no deductible. It would cost me about 3 x that because I am old... but I have been thinking about using their insurance just so I can tell whoever ask I already have insurance and do not need or want Obama care ?? Medicaid and Medicare from what I gather will be not as useful but I honestly do not know? I have kinda had my head buried in the sand hoping it would all go away....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So what you're saying is, those of us making less than 400% of the federal poverty level are going to make more money because of this glitch?
Federal government error, collect $200.

reply to post by guohua

Did you intend to prove him right?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They find at work out next month how much it's going up. Lucky for me the wife's retired from the state and that will never change. They haven't said how much it's going up but it sounds like 20% or more

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

AlienScience

supremecommander

guohua

Do you understand that by you claiming congressman should be "jailed" for "treason" for passing a law just shows how much you don't understand about the Constitution.

Treason has a very specific definition and a very specific punishment...your understanding of either of them is incorrect.

And yes, it will be cheaper to pay the penalty instead of buying insurance...only if you never get sick, hurt, or have to go to the doctor for any reason. Because if you do, you aren't covered...and you will be directly billed just like always.

Spoken like a tried and true apologist for anything that Obama and the criminals on both sides of the aisle in congress does.

If you don't believe that purposely passing laws that are to the detriment of the economic welfare of this country in favor of the private insurance industry which has bribed our public servants is not equivalent to an act of treason, then I'm not sure that YOU understand the definition.

Carry on with your irrational defense of this madness because Obama is on "your side". Partisan beliefs will come crashing down once the negative impacts of this garbage rock this country in a way that you have never seen before.
edit on 20-9-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I think at least one of the articles said that, should you get more of a rebate than you deserve, you will have to pay it back.
Thanks heavens for the IRS, right??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join