It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalifornia City to Fly Chinese Flag: “To Honor Leader Mao Zedong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Despite the objections of residents and human rights groups, the city council of San Leandro, Calif., decided in a 4-3 vote to fly the flag over its city hall Oct. 1 to honor “the formation of the sovereign state in 1949 by communist leader Mao Zedong…

“Raising the flag gives us the opportunity to show the openness to the people of China, the business people of China, to show that we welcome that investment and we welcome the prosperity,” [Councilman Benny] Lee said, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

www.shtfplan.com...

uhhhhhh, is this for real? Who elected these nut jobs? Kalifornia is going mad! China violates so many human rights its not even funny. Im not even including the executions of 65 million people during his cultural revolution of the 20th century yet a Kalifornia city wants to honor it?

Strange times we live in.....
edit on 20-9-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
your article does not work.

also sounds like silly garbage. im hope im wrong, im heading that way soon....

working link

edit on 20-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Home> U.S. Calif. Mayor Suspends City Plan to Fly China Flag

The mayor of San Leandro has suspended the city's plan to raise China's flag to mark the founding of the People's Republic of China. Mayor Stephen Cassidy said Thursday that the city doesn't fly the flags of other nations at City Hall, and that a "time out" is needed to let residents weigh in on whether that policy should change

Its been nixed.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't know if it's real or not, OP. The Daily Paul reports that the Mayor/Council backtracked after loud public disapproval...(the Commie flag won't be flown after all)

Of course the above comes from Alex Jones' Infowars (which I take with a grain of salt)...so each person must make up their own mind as to the truth or lack thereof...

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Habit4ming
I don't know if it's real or not, OP. The Daily Paul reports that the Mayor/Council backtracked after loud public disapproval...(the Commie flag won't be flown after all)

Of course the above comes from Alex Jones' Infowars (which I take with a grain of salt)...so each person must make up their own mind as to the truth or lack thereof...

www.infowars.com...

its coming from ABC news as well but i guess the mayor over ruled the vote.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
California the land of the nut job politicians.
I am glad to see that many Californians will not put up with this.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow... What a brain fart. Lets go honor Chairman Mao. Who could possibly ever see a problem with that??

Mao was only responsible for the deaths of upwards to 40 million civilians across his own nation during the cultural revolution. (Source)

I mean, what is there not to like about the guy? Did the 4 who voted to honor that guy also show approval when Obama wanted to militarily hit Syria? That would be ironic, wouldn't it? The suggestion of Assad killing hundreds, perhaps thousands ...and war-wide? 10s of thousands counting all the rebels, brings calls to arms and action.

Yet...as one rather infamous leader in another nation remarked, beyond a certain point? It's merely a statistic and so City councils vote to honor Mao and his 10's of millions. Go figure...and at least they have a Mayor with some backbone.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

camaro68ss
i guess the mayor over ruled the vote.

Good, a win for the good guys! We don't need that kind of Statist symbology flying high in the free American skies.

...now they can raise the gold-fringed martial/industrial "stars and stripes" representative of no constitution or nation, so that there can be no mistake of who owns the jurisdiction. All the while creating color of law legislation between their fasces iconography.

Yay nationalism! We're free again. Free at last.
edit on 20-9-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...
US government forcing other nations to implement multicultralism in their society but when comes to their own all hails break loose.
Come down, probably it's their respect to minorities for raising their flag.
China is not your enemy, your brainless politicans are.
edit on 20-9-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
China is not your enemy, your brainless politicans are.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Could be both, no?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I meant China in the context of their average Joe.
It's really a not big deal to raise a flag in respect of minorities who are living in your city.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

China is every americans enemy you probably already know this though.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

I also know that Cold war is way behind you

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Opinions differ. Mine is, it's a big deal for any government entity, local or otherwise, to fly any other country's flag. I have a particular problem with flying that specific country's flag. There are plenty of ways to demonstrate respect to minorities without flying the flag of the country who persecuted them enough that they fled it.

Head down to Miami and fly Cuba's flag to 'respect' the immigrants there and let me know how that works.

it has nothing to do with respecting the minorities, and everything to do with sucking up to a corrupt regime in order to curry some $favor$.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And how many died to form US? It's about a country. Not about who did what in it's history.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
if they want to fly those flags then let them do so on their own property and not on the publics.

edit on 24-9-2013 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

top topics

join