It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: House votes to defund Obamacare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It also paves the way for the insurance carriers to say that 'due to administration costs' there is an increase. There is always an increase but now there is an excuse.

Look at this horror story from a family with independently brokered insurance.

Andy and Amy Mangione of Louisville, Ky. and their two boys are just the kind of people who should be helped by ObamaCare. But they recently got a nasty surprise in the mail.

"When I saw the letter when I came home from work," Andy said, describing the large red wording on the envelope from his insurance carrier, "(it said) 'your action required, benefit changes, act now.' Of course I opened it immediately."

It had stunning news. Insurance for the Mangiones and their two boys,which they bought on the individual market, was going to almost triple in 2014 --- from $333 a month to $965.

The insurance carrier made it clear the increase was in order to be compliant with the new health care law.

"This isn't a Cadillac plan, this isn't even a silver plan," Mangione said, referring to higher levels of coverage under ObamaCare.

"This is a high deductible plan where I'm assuming a lot of risk for my health insurance for my family. And nothing has changed, our boys are healthy-- they're young --my wife is healthy. I'm healthy, nothing in our medical history has changed to warrant a tripling of our premiums.

Link

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

That is why I say that no where in the Obamacrap is anything that will control the prices of insurance this increases has always been monitored by the individual states under unfair increase prices, but we know how that is been monitored, because also is protecting for providers to make money no lose it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you Marg. My state is one of the last states that would ever support Obama or the expansion of Medicaid. We actually have our own state run insurance for the ultra poor which funny enough pays more then medicaid and allows the indigent access to more services. It is 100% funded by our state.

So from your post I gather that if you can afford the insurance you have to buy it or be fined. If you cannot afford it you STILL only get medicaid which no one takes. It looks like the poor were conned on this one. Wow! They thought they were going to get free insurance.

The government subsidy would be a named insurance company I am guessing? I know for Medicare there are things like Humana and Aetna.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Our state is right now voting on it, GA, my son is works in restaurant he only make money with tips so he is under the poverty line when it comes to taxes, so he can not be mandated and neither taxed for Obamacare, so he will be one of those that will have to take employers insurance, but he is also part time no chance on that.

He is healthy and young, but he is also in the group that insurance are targeting the healthy and young.

Now when it comes to insurance offered by employers, is a catch they will go with the cheapest insurance because it save money while falling within the Federal guidelines of Obamacare, this will be in higher copays for the insurance holder, higher copays that many can not afford either.

Now let see how the so call subsidies work, this doesn't mean a check from Obama in the mail to pay for the insurance is more of the money going directly to the insurance companies.

How can money be saved if the tax payer is paying for this subsidies? it makes no sense, but let see how this whole mess work out.

I just found out in the news, that the Government just hired 7 contractors to take care of obamacare, that means more tax payer money going to waste and abuse, and that the whole Obamacare is going to be under private companies not the government, so much for the control of it.

Everything in this nation is for money, we are a capitalistic gone corrupted nation, somebody will always profit from somebody else and they are in the business to make money.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why Repeal of Obamacare so important? Watch:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join