It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: House votes to defund Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by AlienScience

This ACA-TAX is just a precursor to a complete government take-over, single-payer style system.

We can but hope.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Make sure to over-insure the value of the house that way you will get the full value and maybe more.

Ok on a serious note why cant they make nationalised healthcare optional? You either opt in or opt out while applying for a job.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

BritofTexas

beezzer

This ACA-TAX is just a precursor to a complete government take-over, single-payer style system.

We can but hope.

For those of you who look forward to a complete government run society, you may get your wish. You have good reason to be happy.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Careless wealthy are a burden on the welfare system??? Really????

When there are fourth and fifth-generation families on the public dole?? When the government hands out benefits without any expectation of the recipient giving something back (not necessarily money). When food stamps are as easy to get as junk mail?

Fraud and corruption are the burden on the welfare system. Just as they are the burden on the healthcare system. I don't think anyone is arguing that healthcare in this country needs reform. But if you think "Obamacare" is about making sure everyone has affordable health care, you are either incredibly naïve or deliberately obtuse. Obamacare (that lovely, easy-to-understand, quick read of nearly 20,000 pages - that no one had a chance to read before it was ramrodded through Congress) is about GOVERNMENT CONTROL, folks.

The sheep in this country just kill me....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Forgive my non American ignorance, but what does this actually mean?

Obamacare is done for, or it's just a tiny distraction and it means nothing will change?

I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for any answers.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This doesn't make any difference, it's like a distraction. These criminals do a song and dance to amuse you because they will be rich and fat and have secret service protection and free health care whether or not they are re-elected next cycle.

Ya wanna see change?, fix the voting system and vote more often, make them lose their damned job if they don't carry through with campaign promises right then and there, same as you and I lose our jobs for being late or being insubordinate or failing to perform.

Until they fear losing their damned job as much as anyone else, they only laugh at all of us.

De-fund Obamacare?, how's that going to happen when it's already changed tax law?, are they gonna change that back too?.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

khimbar

Obamacare is done for, or it's just a tiny distraction and it means nothing will change?

I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for any answers.

Basically, it is government mandating (ordering) the American public to purchase health insurance/health plans under penalty of fines through the IRS.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Because this is about Taxes...not healthcare. It never was. It is a way to further impoverish the middle class. Look at it like this. If I do not get health care, I have to pay a penalty for someone who cannot afford it to get health care. So, I have a choice but if I make the wrong choice because I cannot afford it I am still penalized and STILL cannot afford it. WTF kind of logic is that...the logic of the government.

It is not cheaper either. What needed to be done is to stop the raping of businesses and not charging 2000 dollars a month to an employer for family health care coverage. That is only for health not dental, vision, etc just health. If you have 20 employees that is 480000 dollars a year to cover those employees and their families. They need to make it cheaper.

Then, you have businesses that are falling apart because they cannot afford it. Then, they are penalized and have to cut hours so people not only are not getting good healthcare but have less to spend because of the hours that are cut.

The entire thing sucks.
edit on 09pm30pmf0000002013-09-20T12:46:46-05:001246 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

beezzer

khimbar

I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for any answers.

Basically, it is government mandating (ordering) the American public to purchase health insurance/health plans under penalty of fines through the IRS.

Sorry, I mean the news today and the story in this thread?

Will it have any real effect on it passing?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Jansy

Careless wealthy are a burden on the welfare system??? Really????

Sure some upper middle class folks go to the baccarat tables in vegas and lose everything.

Or they buy a few too many boats, a few too many cars, take a few too many long vacations, whatever.

If they cant afford to pay their bills then state welfare picks up the tab. Just like with low income earners.

When there are fourth and fifth-generation families on the public dole?? When the government hands out benefits without any expectation of the recipient giving something back (not necessarily money). When food stamps are as easy to get as junk mail?

Fraud and corruption are the burden on the welfare system. Just as they are the burden on the healthcare system. I don't think anyone is arguing that healthcare in this country needs reform. But if you think "Obamacare" is about making sure everyone has affordable health care, you are either incredibly naïve or deliberately obtuse. Obamacare (that lovely, easy-to-understand, quick read of nearly 20,000 pages - that no one had a chance to read before it was ramrodded through Congress) is about GOVERNMENT CONTROL, folks.

The sheep in this country just kill me....

Its not a black and white issue. I would BE FOR optional national healthcare. If employee proves they are insured with private company then they can opt out of NHS. And how to go about fixing welfare, when democrats relly on welfare recipients and collective bargaining unions to win the elections?

I am not that naive. Been around.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

That's the same kind of logic at play, as when a guy who can't pay child support is tossed in jail, or a guy who doesn't have a good credit rating can't find employment.

It's called "Retard" logic, our country suffers from "Societal Retardation".

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

khimbar

beezzer

khimbar

I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for any answers.

Honestly? Probably not. America is enjoying its last days.

We're screwed.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
These are the petty, stupid little games I think cause me to lose the most respect for all people in Congress, on all sides.

The House absolutely knows what they just passed has 0 chance of getting through. Now, if they were willing to make THIS "THE" stand and this time, "that" moment, to take this all the way? Fine. I'd be the first to applaud. Better now than later. This issue is as good a one as any to do it with.

However, they aren't willing to go ALL the way through shutdown and the utter pain that would inflict nationally to see the greater good flat out NOT bending would eventually force. They're going to fold like cheap suits at the 11th hour because they ALWAYS fold like cheap suits at the 11th hour.

That doesn't make this courageous or somehow great to see. It makes it pathetic gamesmanship for no expectation of gain beyond public perception. I.E..... We're being played like a Piano and some are happy for the experience.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

beezzer

khimbar

beezzer

khimbar

I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for any answers.

Honestly? Probably not. America is enjoying its last days.

We're screwed.

Thank you. More smoke and mirrors then.

On the plus side, we live to see an empire collapse and that doesn't happen every day*

*There should be an emoticon smiley here, however I refuse to use those ghastly ones over there ------>

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

beezzer

BritofTexas

beezzer

We can but hope.

For those of you who look forward to a complete government run society, you may get your wish. You have good reason to be happy.

I've experienced access to Healthcare on both sides of the pond, one truly Government run and one a wealth lottery and an illness away from bankruptcy.

Single Payer is the way forward for this country.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

BritofTexas

beezzer

BritofTexas

beezzer

We can but hope.

I've experienced access to Healthcare on both sides of the pond, one truly Government run and one a wealth lottery and an illness away from bankruptcy.

Single Payer is the way forward for this country.

I too, have experienced both systems.

Again, you have reason to celebrate. It looks as though the land of the free will become the land of the "fee".
You'll have your government-run utopia.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The benefit of national healthcare is that government buys insurance at the highest volume and thus has leverage keeping the premiums low. Think walmart and home depot for a moment. The government is negotiating on behalf of millions of americans, rather than each american negotiating on his own behalf in a one vs one with HMOs.

Most countries HAVE NHS so it cant be that bad. Outside of the USA big pharma sells medicine in bulk to the respective NHS and then the government subsidises the cost to the insured which translates to really cheap healthcare.

I think the whole NHS system was intentionally setup to fail from the beginning in USA. The republicans sabotaged it. Thats why 20,000 pages were needed that none read.
edit on 20/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So if its so great, why does the government not want to use the same health care for their families? This should be one of the biggest red flags of all.

If they want to provide a "free" health care system for anyone that WANTS it, fine as long as I dont have to pay for it. But dont force this crap down our throats and make it mandatory. What is everyone going to say when this blows up as bad as many fear, oh sorry didnt think of that, was too busy dreaming of all the free meds and surgeries they promised...

I can tell you my health care doubled this last year, I have no idea if it was coincidence or just anticipation of the change, but I am not happy with my current insurance change for sure. Premiums went up and so did the out of pocket expenses. SO dont think I would not like a health care reform...but this plan is not it.

But this train will keep rolling off the cliff, the republicans are not our Saviors, but neither are the Dems, its them vs us and we are not fairing too well. A month from now we will forget it made it this far....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

There are primarily two schools of thought.

First is let supply and demand take care of everything. Allow and encourage the most competition. But what happens when relatively few HMOs take over the market and price gouge the consumer? That means private monopolies.

Second school of thought. Nationalise something to allow for bulk purchase and maximum leverage. Subsidise the costs. This is european at best and sovietism at worst. The problem is that government gets too much control and influece over everything, bullies people, gets intrusive into our lives, etc.

The american way would be the first, but anti-trust laws dont get enforced as often as they should. Too many microsofts and coca colas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join