It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria 'submits chemical weapons data' to Hague watchdog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Syria has submitted an 'initial declaration' of their chemical weapons to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)

They had a deadline of Saturday 21st September for submitting details and the OPCW have started looking at the information provided. It's a long document and is currently being translated.

Looks like Syria are serious about ensuring these weapons are safely destroyed. Hopefully the weapon inspectors will arrive in November in order to supervise the destruction. Once this is done, what will be considered the new 'Red Line'?

Source:- www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I never doubted that Syrian president Bashar al assad was serious, we will see though. I wonder what our intelligence on the numbers previous to the exposition of data to the UN is. The U.S will probably try to say they are lying about how much they have and find evidence for more "WMD's". Who knows though, Putin seems to be leading the charge internationally at least for now, and Obama is hiding in his cage trying to pass more crap laws so people remember him I guess

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Well, they need to confer with the U.K as it appears we sold half the chemicals that can be used to produce the chemical weapons.

I appreciate this is only an initial declaration, but the signs are positive?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'll be curious to see how Assad's list compares to what the "security experts" think he has.

Security experts say it has about 1,000 tonnes of mustard gas, VX and sarin -

www.reuters.com...

top topics

join