It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mothman photograph?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
psisnj.com...

Have you seen mothman in southern new jersey? we have!

I cant make it out, can any one else make out the figure of mothman?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
looks like a giant orange blob

[edit on 13-11-2004 by bloodlust11009]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Fake? It just looks like an orange blob. "Fake" would imply they actually put some effort into it, rather than finding some crap in their picture and calling it Mothman

EDIT: If anything, it's the ghost of a bunny rabbit

[edit on 11-13-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I really don't think that this is the infamous Mothman...just because of all the eye-witness accounts I've read. If it was, I think they would have been up and running or to stunned/scared to take the picture. Its probably just smoke or something.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Lets see...

Perspective is tilted.
Its in the middle of the night.
Its a graveyard.
Only one photo.
And in the end its all blur over there.

If it is SOMETHING, I seriously doubt its the mothman. Maybe a ghost? The setting is still quite suspect.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Is there any definite description of a mothman? I thought they were glowy white, but I could be wrong.

I don't think its a mothman by the way.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
this looks just like the pics on another thread.....about photos of UNKNOWN life forms.........this pic is at night though...and the other thread has day pics......

Ill find the link!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yep..this is the link.

WHATEVER the flip this is?...it looks like the same thing to me.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
At first glance, it it reminded me of a an orange car light. It's likely that the folks just moved an orange frosted car light around and took a photo of it at low shutter speeds. For the light lines, it's looks like it was simply done by a pen-light with an orange tint.

Why is there only one picture of this "event" and why isn't even the "figure" centered when the person took the picture? There are other pictures in the website provided by the threadstarter and it all looks like it could be hoaxed easily. And identified as a hoax almost as fast.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is a photo of a spirit. If you look at any photo of a ghost that is captured on film you will see streaks such as seen in this photo. The typical color of a ghost that is caught on film is white, yet they can also be orange, red or green. I fully believe that this is a spirit/ghost that was captured on film.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If its the mothman, then its supposed to presage some sort of doom that will happen. I hesitate to even bother saying it tho, because something bad allways happens over a decent period of time in any town. Can't see what the heck is supposed to go so terribly wrong inside of a graveyard tho.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
doesn't really look like anything to me. but if it is, jersey better watch out. if someone gets so much as a paper cut people will star crying that "it was the mothman!"

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Why was the picture originally taken? Was it seen at the time? How old is the photo? When was it discoved on the photo? Why the 'mothman'? Who else was there? What did it do if seen? Why is it tilted? Sorry, but things that are authentic are usually accompanied with a deluge of detail.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i dont know about you guys, but it looks like an orange submarine to me

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am not going to venture an opinion on whether or not this photograph depicts anything relating to the mothman. One interesting feature is that there appears to be a car's tail-lights in the photograh which are clear and stationary as if the picture was taken with a high shutter speed whereas the "Orange blob" appears to be the product of a time exposure/slower shutter-speed shot which may have been superimposed over the original. Either that or there is some fast moving energy in the picture.
Whichever way the quality of the "blob" is too indistinct to draw any conclusions from without forensic analysis.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'd wager my left testicle that it's just lighting errors!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I tried to enhance the picture somwhat, but it was crappy quality to begin with...this was not prbably the original if it was taken with a digital camera

Here it is anyway:

// k

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
From what I have read about the Mothman, it is supose to be large man sized and has wings. It does not look to me like what you have in your pic meets either of those requirnments. All the same thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
From what I have read about the Mothman, it is supose to be large man sized and has wings. It does not look to me like what you have in your pic meets either of those requirnments. All the same thanks for posting it.

Well, it wasn't my picture, I just enhanced it from the first poster on this thread...

// k

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe St. Elmo's Fire?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
looks like a bunch of condensed lights, shaken around, fake. who would be taking pictures in a graveyard at night unless they were trying to prove something anyways?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join