It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

honey bees gone in Philadelphia Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Their are peach tree orchards and farm lands (Pennsylvania Dutch Country) to the West and NW of Philadelphia,but no honey bees. Only bumble bees, a few wasps and night flying insects took over the pollinating. No golden-colored regular honey bees= little fruit or vegetables in the Fall. I used web mites to pollinate my indoors Four O'Clock and I got many big seeds from it. Due to the shift of Magnetic North, the bees finally flew out to sea,and lost their way back. What do you think? Small orbs of light regularly flit about back yards and maybe even in commercial apiaries: security cameras have recorded these orbs(see You Tube).

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i love bees.....always sad to read about their dwindling numbers. Strange though that with the decline of pollinating bees it seems like wasps of different kinds havent suffered nearly as much.....anyone notice that?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We didn't have bees around here a couple of years ago but the big black hornets and the ants were pollinating things. The hornets did great but the ants caused weird looking apples to form. Bees do a better job than ants at apples. The bees are all back now. I bet the ants actually pollinate a lot of things, often blossoms are out before it gets warm enough before the bees to get their numbers up to do any good. Bees can't fly when it is too cold either.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

I was under the impression that the bee population is essentially infected with every known bee disease.

The resilient outliers being the remaining hives, a natural (or unnatural) selection having already taken its course.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
honey bees are incredible and they give us such a great and healthy treat but honestly they do not pollinate as much as people think, at least not in the north east where we have a plethora of other bees and insects who do the majority of pollinating. literally thousand of creatures great and small pollinate most of the plants, along with wind and rain so it's really not a pollinating issue for most.

just big agra really since most of their fields are GMO nasty, out of balance, depleted soil, depleted micro organisms, loaded with chemical salts and pesticides, so they must bring in the honey bees who more often than not die from the adventure into monsantoville.

no i'm not worried for our pollinating, although i am worried about loosing such a beneficial species such as the honey bee.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
All of the honey bees where i live are acting drunk and landing all messed up. Ive never seen them act like this before, but then again i did recently move from Illinois to California, so they could be pollenating cannabis crops for all i know.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Honeybee's are not native to North America and really don't belong here. There are plenty of native insects that can and have done the job of pollinating.

I'm not surprised they are vanishing. Introduced species seem to either take over or disappear from the region eventually.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

siluriancryptic
Small orbs of light regularly flit about back yards and maybe even in commercial apiaries: security cameras have recorded these orbs(see You Tube).

Are you referring to lighting bugs? If not, any links to support your claim? Thanks

new topics

top topics

join