It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallujah=OWNED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you.

apnews.myway.com...
    FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) - U.S. military officials said Saturday that American troops had now "occupied" the entire city of Fallujah and there were no more major concentrations of insurgents still fighting after nearly a week of intense urban combat.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What is going to stop terrorists from going right on back to Fallujah when our forces leave? I just don't think we have the man power to play the "mole game."

- Attero

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
sure. If you say so and they tell you so on Faux News.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sorry to dissapoint you but I don't think the insurgency is anywhere near over and the number of dead and injured soldiers has not stopped rising yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said the insugency was over.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis

You're right.
The artcle says "there were no more major concentrations of insurgents still fighting"

That may be true for now but that doesn't mean the operation was successful as a thousand more insurgents may take their place in the near future.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis

Its : OWNED but insurgency still exists?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Are you people sniffing glue?

The word "insurgency" never left my fingertips.

The city of Fallujah is now occupied by US/Iraqi forces.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Fallujah may be occupied and secure for the most part now.. But did we drive more of the insurgents out than we killed?

It is only one city in a nation of millions of muslims, with a growing anger and frustration over the U.S. occupation.

I am afraid in Iraq when we kill, or remove a threat another even worse will show up elsewhere in time... We may have just driven most of them out of Fallujah to only come back and fight another day along with even more of their muslim brothers.

A good day for U.S. military forces in Iraq?

Only time will tell.

LL1

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Fallujah is occupied, but not completely subdued.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Fallujah= leased

....until the insurgents come back

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What about all the dire predictions? The US troops kicked major arse and the Iraqi troops handled themselves well from what I gather.

Crow is served.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well just like any other cities in Iraq, they will go cityto city kill more "insurgents" and civilians in as "casualties" because this "war" and after the American troops move out they will come back in and the circle will go on until is not more cities and no more civilians to destroy and kill.

The future of liberated Iraq is sure to be very rosy and pink.

LL1

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Fighting is breaking out in Iraq's northern city Mosul.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks LL! and like I said the cycle will go on, and on, our troops are the unwilling victims of senless killing and the Iraqi people are the victims of Our present adminstration lack of judgement this is going to go on and on.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
U.S. Says Troops Occupy All of Fallujah

Witnesses say troops fired a barrage of mortar shells in Fallujah's Jolan district, in the city's northwestern quarter...

Link

All except for this bit over here. Oh, and the insurgents that are sneaking back in from the east and west.

Where have all the insurgents gone?

Over here

- At least five heavy explosions rocked central Baghdad after nightfall...

- A mortar round whistled overhead at the Green Zone...

- A car bomb exploded in the northern city of Mosul...

- Airstrikes and clashes west of Baghdad between U.S. troops and rebels have left four people dead and 29 others wounded...

- Mortar rounds hit a residential neighborhood in Samarra...Witnesses said they believed the rounds were fired at a U.S. base but missed their target.

- Saboteurs attacked an oil pipeline north of Baghdad...

- Insurgents attacked three Marine convoys in the western flashpoint city of Ramadi...

- U.S. forces clashed with insurgents in northern Iraq...insurgents attacked an American patrol in Tal Afar, 30 miles west of the northern city of Mosul.

- Insurgents armed with grenades attacked a Romanian army convoy in Iraq...

But at least we have Fallujah except for that northwestern quarter and whatever part of the 300,000 population city our 13,000 (10,000 U.S. / 3,000 Iraq) unit force isn't currently standing in.

But yea, woohoo!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The 2nd pic looks photoshoped, i could probably do it in an hour or so. But probably real. I just don't trust anything lol

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Isn't saying that we own Fallujah while there is still some fighting going on
even though the major pockets have been found and nuetralised ,

Kind of reminds me of Bush saying The War In Iraq Is Over
yeah right now many body bags have we filled since then.

geo

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't think even one loss of US soldiers is acceptable to call something "OWNED" and remember, if a soldier gets shot in Iraq, but dies somewhere else (Germany, Kuwait, Qutar, etc.) it's not counted as an Iraqi war death. So who knows how many really died. Not to mention the amputees.

Owned? Wow. Each American death or injury doesn't make me want to celebrate, no matter what objectives we achieve in such a pointless escapade.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Thanks LL! and like I said the cycle will go on, and on, our troops are the unwilling victims of senless killing and the Iraqi people are the victims of Our present adminstration lack of judgement this is going to go on and on.

Money and Power thats whats its all about, see who can get the most oil...

This war is stupid we shouldnt be there, we never should have been there, the war is based on a lie, I am also not suprised the election proved Bush a winner, cause remember, its not the people who vote, its the people who count the votes who make the diffrence, hint hint, why should anything else be diffrent...

I think we need to start putting america back where it used to be back in the kennedy days, sucked they killed him.(CIA) Or we would be well on our way to a better life, instead of fighting wars for useless reason..

and yes I support the troops, I however do not suppost why they are there, anyone in thier right mind wouldnt..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join