Public School Secession: WIthdrawing our Impressionable Children From the Hate and Ignorance Machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
With the focus of everyone's attention directed away from our liberty, our economy and our children's future, short of real change from within the school system, it seems that getting out of it is the only answer.

When the greatest opponents to individual freedom and, frankly, open mindedness and objectivity, have near totalitarian control over the formative years of the next generation of Americans, I see no alternative than to secede from the doctrinally intolerant and hate-filled gulags that are our public schools.

What say you, deniers of ignorance?

The School Revolution: A New Answer for Our Broken Education System.

Are you worried about the state of the public schools, which can’t seem to teach reading, writing, or arithmetic, but have plenty of time for fake history, Keynesian economics, war lies, and state worship?

Millions of parents are homeschooling now, and the more the better. Even those of us who have grown children benefit from a society with parent-educated kids. So does the cause of freedom. And if it bothers the drones in the Department of Education and the teachers union, we know we’re on the right track.
edit on 20-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Where did you get that craptastic photo?

Your link seems to be selling a book.

As far as homeschooling goes I once thought it was great until I met a teen who was homeschooled and didn't know even the basics of most scientific theorys but they sure knew their bible.

Science is pretty important for the countries future but some parents are flat earth types.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

It would be nice to see what exactly he's referring to when he says:

Are you worried about the state of the public schools, which can’t seem to teach reading, writing, or arithmetic, but have plenty of time for fake history, Keynesian economics, war lies, and state worship?

What fake history? The one that disguises American slavery and pretends that America was founded as a Christian nation? The history that teaches children that Adam and Eve and dinosaurs played together?

Too bad we won't know the specifics of this guys reasoning until we buy his book! But, then again, he's a Texas Legislator and presidential candidate! Texas, where the word "evolution" is forbidden in K-12 text books!

Yeah, if I had kids in Texas schools, I'd want to pull them out too. But the less cowardly thing to do, is fight for good, quality public education. If you have the time to home school, you have the time to supplement your kid's studies, and fight to represent their educational needs.

edit on 20-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Public School Secession: WIthdrawing our Impressionable Children From the Hate and Ignorance Machine

Hmm something is wrong here.

Retarded religious parents: Withdrawing our Impressionable Children From the Hate and Ignorance Machine

Fixed it.

Nothing says hire me like a degree from destiny land.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think the point of my thread is reasonably clear. The author is someone called Ron Paul. He is a bit of an unknown so, I am not surprised that you are unfamiliar with his stance.

If you repeat yourself for over 30 years, I guess you should expect no one to listen.

Thanks for the prompt confirmation of my assertion!

Who would have thunk it would be this easy?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Keep children out of school. State schools are corrupt and evil (i.e. progressive). Children can learn all they will ever need to know from their parents.

We'll be in touch.
-The Taliban.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Ever notice how everything confirms what you already believe? No? Never noticed that huh?

carry on then.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Ever notice how everything confirms what you already believe? No? Never noticed that huh?

carry on then.

Ever notice how I am always open to debate and have a clear position which I support with substantiating evidence?

I didn't think so, perhaps you should pay more attention.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

greencmp

InverseLookingGlass

carry on then.

Ever notice how I am always open to debate and have a clear position which I support with substantiating evidence?

I didn't think so, perhaps you should pay more attention.

Your evidence here is a book that we have to buy to read and the only thing you bring to the debate is oh look it's Ron Paul as if that should matter.

Not everyone worships him like you do and some think he is a crazy old man.

Maybe you should write better OPs instead of telling people they should pay more attention. We definitely see what you are trying to do that's why we are calling you out for the BS.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I realize that it is a bit unrealistic of me to expect you to read a book.

That said, you don't have to devour all of the available literature to form an opinion and state it.

You could start by arguing your point instead of demonizing the topic. That is, in fact, what I am getting at here.

I haven't heard a single statement other than "homeschooling bad" from any of you yet. Do you have opinions or do you just hate debate and love ignorance?

P.S. - Yes, isn't that photo great! (I actually wouldn't be surprised if it is photoshopped or real, that's how much faith I have in our current leadership)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You don't have to withdraw them just block Fox News on your cable box. Impressionable children should not be exposed to the ignorance and hate machine.
edit on Fri September 20th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with reading the book so what day should I expect it in the mail since you must be buying them for everyone.

You can't possibly expect me to buy it because that would mean this thread is nothing more than a marketing ploy to drive up sales which would be against T&C I have seen people banned for doing such.

Now maybe you didn't pay attention because the first two posts do have critiques on home schooling. Try re reading them and see if you can figure them out for yourself. If you can't pickup on them though then I don't see any real debate happening.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I refer you to my above post.

However, I understand that your time is precious so I shall paraphrase, you can have an opinion on this subject and state it without reading that book.

Have I not stated my position clearly? Do you have any evidence of the success of our state schools that you would like to bring to the discussion? Do you have any statistics that show a relationship between increased funding or state school participation and a corresponding improvement in children's education and readiness to enter the adult world?

I fully expected this to become a common core debate, not get stalled on petty name calling. I am disappointed in all of you, what's our motto again? Maybe you don't have children of your own, maybe you don't really care about children but, that is no excuse for towing the party line on an issue such as this. Shame on you.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well I see you do not wish to address any of our points instead you want us to lay the groundwork for the points you have yet to make.

Thread fail.

Maybe you should make your case first with your statistics showing how much better your position is. I suggest by starting over with a new thread because your current OP leaves the door open to all critiques.

I will be watching for your new and improved thread where you actually present your evidence and not just a photoshopped pick and some hyperbole with a link to a book that's for sale on Amazon.

Edit to add

Check your in box since you keep editing your posts to add to your one line rebuttals.in short if you are not willing to address the points being made then there is no debate worth having. Try again with a more concise OP and present your case. All you have done here is present an opinion piece with nothing to back it up. Good luck.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Grimpachi

Well I see you do not wish to address any of our points instead you want us to lay the groundwork for the points you have yet to make.

Thread fail.

Maybe you should make your case first with your statistics showing how much better your position is. I suggest by starting over with a new thread because your current OP leaves the door open to all critiques.

I will be watching for your new and improved thread where you actually present your evidence and not just a photoshopped pick and some hyperbole with a link to a book that's for sale on Amazon.

I didn't think so.

There is so much data to support your position out there such as increased graduation rates, participation and funding. I think you don't want to address the fundamental flaw in all of those supporting statistics, a lack of readiness to enter the real world with useful skills and the ability to think independently.

In short, lower level institutionalized education has only ever had one positive outcome expected of it, to spark the interest and desire to learn. That seems to be lost and I think you know it. No wonder you avoid the debate.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I guess I can chime in with some actual things relating to the topic lol

My wife and I homeschool our two kiddos, but not because of some religious beliefs or because we are afraid of the indoctrinating abilities of public schooling (though I do think that they are QUITE good at what they do heh).

Our son is severely autistic, and our daughter is one of those types of kiddos that has more brains than she knows what to do with.

Our decision to begin homeschooling came after an incident that took place with our son. We received a phone call from one of his teachers one day, claiming that he had spit on another kid. For background, our son NEVER spits. He thinks doing something like that is thoroughly disgusting and wont even do it when we try to get him to do so because of putting something in his mouth that doesn't belong. So we suspected that something was not correct with the situation.

However, we listened to the teacher as she talked about it over the phone, to get the full story. While she was speaking, we could hear him in the background crying like crazy, saying, "No! No! Please! No!"

Then we could hear another teacher literally hollering at the top of her voice, "You know what you did! You tell the truth now! You know what you did you little brat!"

As soon as we heard that, we told the teacher we would be right there. We got there within 10 minutes, grabbed our son out of the office and brought him home.

He went right to his room and stayed in there for the next 24 hours, crying, trembling and scared.

I don't care what he may or may not have done. I DO know that you never go at an autistic kid like that and expect to get any kind of results. And to have it come from a teacher that was supposedly trained in handling special needs kids is just unconscionable.

We began homeschooling both of our kids that week and they've been flourishing ever since.

As a side note, the day after we pulled them out of school, we got a phone call from the school nurse. She said that our son, Seth, had peed himself at school and needed to have a change of clothes brought to them immediately and that he was waiting there in the nurse's office for us. Our son, Seth, was sitting right next to me at the time of the phone call.

Turns out, there was another Seth in our son's class, who was autistic, as well, and, it so happens, WAS a spitter.

Hmm...

So, there you have it. A pretty valid reason to homeschool, I think, and one that other parents I know of have gone through, as well.

Not everyone that chooses to homeschool their kids do so out of some religious reasoning or because of fears of the government. We do so out of choice, and out of a feeling of care for our kids that we know only we can give.

Oh, and our daughter? She's come further in the time she's been homeschooled than she ever did in the school system, because she can learn at her own pace. She's leaps ahead of the other kids, education-wise, because she LOVES to learn, and does so voraciously.
edit on 20-9-2013 by jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jomina

All too true and it isn't limited to autistic children, abusive and careless treatment is becoming widespread. This trend is reinforced by the teacher's unions and their seniority policies that prefer to keep the burned out disinterested veteran teachers and punish or actually remove those with the highest commitment and enthusiasm for the job. I know many who have witnessed or had this happen to them in the supposed 'best' schools in America.

The pharmaceutical industry in cooperation with psychiatrists and uneducated or irresponsible parents have created a whole new and totally unnecessarily isolated student demographic of the correctively medicated. I don't know what to do about this as homeschooling would not necessarily address this phenomenon.

Glad to hear that you have done what was best for your kids as it isn't easy even if the decision is.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here's an alarming story from last year.

Great public education.

Why would anybody think public schools are a problem.

After all, the teachers are products of the same system.

Can't understand.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A 9-year-old autistic boy who misbehaved at school was stuffed into a duffel bag and the drawstring pulled tight, according to his mother, who said she found him wiggling inside as a teacher's aide stood by.

The mother of fourth-grader Christopher Baker said her son called out to her when she walked up to him in the bag Dec. 14. The case has spurred an online petition calling for the firing of school employees responsible.

"He was treated like trash and thrown in the hallway," Chris' mother, Sandra Baker, said Thursday. She did not know how exactly how long he had been in the bag, but probably not more than 20 minutes.

School accused of putting autistic student in bag

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I personally am not a fan of home schooling (although I support your right to do it), but I am a huge advocate for private or charter schools. There's no question liberals have attempted a complete take over of the public education system. And as usual anything they touch turns into a miserable failure. There excuse is always money, even though many private/charter schools get fantastic results with half the resources.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

We had talked about doing it for a good while beforehand, and we're lucky to live in a state that supports homeschooling in the way that it does (literally just tell their principal that they're going to be HS'd and there's no curriculum that is necessary to follow...).

I am also disabled (blindness) and so am home 24/7 to be able to teach them and support them through their education.

I know that not everyone is in that kind of position to be able to do what we did, but it all worked in our favor and we feel confident in their abilities and their education. Heck, the programs we have them in are the exact programs that they use in the school they'd be going to anyhow lol

But you're right; there are a LOT of burned out teachers that just could not give a crap any more. It was always hard for teachers to begin with. Now? Much, much worse.

Especially when you consider that 10 years ago, the instances of autism were 1 in 10000 kids. Now it's at 1 in 50. That means that unless they go through special training to learn how to educate just this disorder alone, let alone all the other ones that are on the rise, they are completely unprepared with how to deal with the kids.

There ARE those out there that are good and care about the kids they are sitting in front of, but, to be honest, they are starting to become the exceptions, not the rule.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join