It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Crap, Syria Just Became a Three-Way War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

... and really, it was just a matter of time before this happened.
... and these are the people that McCain and Kerry wanted us to think was a 'small portion'
of the 'rebels'. yeah, right ....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Nearly half of the rebels are jihadists (islamist radicals):
www.telegraph.co.uk - Syria: nearly half rebel fighters are jihadists or hardline Islamists, says IHS Jane's report...

Only about 30,000 of them, or 30%, are considered "moderate" islamists. But this leaves out the influence other countries, like Qatar and Saudi Arabia, are having on the so called moderates. It's hard to call this an uprising against a brutal dictator when it's being funded from outside the country and shares links to the sunni and shiite divide. Syria is in fact a sunni majority led by a shiite minority and that can't be a good thing, even though NATO published a survey that showed widespread Syrian support for Assad in 2012 and early 2013. Iran's support of Syria, alongside other Shiite friend or dominated nations, also has contributed to the rise of Assad. It's true that the US and other countries got more involved with the rebels when Assad was bombing and killing off the rebels, but this is a long term struggle and did not appear overnight. There's so much going on in the middle east and this is what caused me to believe that since this would have been an intervention we should go to the UN instead of pursuing unilateral action against Assad's regime.

Saudia Arabia also had a hand in the Afghanistan civil war that preceded Operation Enduring Freedom which was our effort to remove the Taliban. Saudia Arabia actually funded/helped the Taliban and Al Qaeda also helped them, alongside Pakistan. This came after the brutal attempts by the Soviets to install a communist regime in Afghanistan.

These interventions are a ball of yarn. It's like sticking your hand in a hornets nest. So many nations across the world have connections because of oil and/or religious or political reasons. More agreement is needed and that's why the UN is needed.

Some references:
www.liveleak.com - NATO data: Syrian population behind Assad...
www.telegraph.co.uk - Qatar 'playing with fire' as it funds Syrian Islamists in quest for global influence...
edit on 20-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ya a million displaced Syrian refugees and one of the most bloody wars ever...ya real good. Russia threatening global nuclear war...just perfect just perfect.

obamination: Definition:
The disastrous result of doing or following the speakings of a smooth talker. -Urban Dictionary

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Ya a million displaced Syrian refugees and one of the most bloody wars ever...ya real good. Russia threatening global nuclear war...just perfect just perfect.

The disastrous result of doing or following the speakings of a smooth talker. -Urban Dictionary

oooohhhh i thought u meant this

The Abomination (Russian: Мерзость, M'erzost') (Emil Blonsky, Эмиль Блонски) is a fictional character, a supervillain that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics.

Alter ego Emil Blonsky
Species Human Mutate
Team affiliations KGB

My bad,,

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder

All the West and outside nations have to do to stop this war and stop it within weeks is absolutely nothing at all. Just nothing whatsoever.

Stop the US training facilities in Jordan from training more rebels to higher levels. Stop the weapons dump into Syria from the Arab Emirates as well as the Saudi Royals. Stop ALL U.S. interference of any kind, on any level. Whatsoever. The rest would take care of itself.

One side wins and one side loses in a war. This war won't end until that happens. The hate and the past grudges are toooo deep and too passionate at this point. Even Serbia had common backgrounds to fall back on to the uneasy peace that came. Syria doesn't with the forces that make up the FSA. So this one plays out, I'm thinking.

If it plays out without outside help, even with all that's been done up to this point? Losing won't be hard at all for a quick end to the war. The Rebels should lose within a month, but perhaps quicker if Assad knows he can do what he needs to do with conventional forces and just get the job done. Period. Sooner is always better in war, I think.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Actually it's really not that confusing at all.

FSA - Free Syrian Army are mercenaries hired by Israel, Saudia Arabia, USA, France, Britain, Turkey, etc,et. al. Some might be religious some might not be, all they have in common is their paychecks are written by the west.

The Islamic militants - I.E. Al Qeada - those who used to be financed by the west in the 80's to fight Russia. They have since grom in size and relevence courtesy of the Afgahn and Iraq war. You know what some call unintended consequences.

Now our old army of mercenaries are fighting our new army of mercenaries....again, what one would call unintended consequences.

Syria gets the pleasure of fighting them both and fortunately for Assad the rebels are doing all the work for him. Assad doesn't need to worry about divide and conquer because the west didn't have the foresight to predict all of these unintended consequences.

Why you ask? Simple, we have learned long ago that even without proper planning so long as we keep plugging away and throwing money at the problem we are able to prevent the fall of the US dollar. And although we haven't gotten what we really wanted, the truth is, even though diminshed, the US dollar is still essentially the reserve currency.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Stop the US training facilities in Jordan from training more rebels to higher levels. Stop the weapons dump into Syria from the Arab Emirates as well as the Saudi Royals. Stop ALL U.S. interference of any kind, on any level. Whatsoever. The rest would take care of itself.

Turkey too! Turkey too! They don't get a pass in my book.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Oh, I'm sorry, yes. How could I forget the 800lb Gorilla of the region that rarely does much, but when they do? It shakes everything for nations around. They are doing a lot here. You're right.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Let's not forget that Israel is elbow deep in this. They have actual vehicles and tanks there as support. They sow up wounded terrorists and sent them back to the battle field.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think it's even simpler than most would imagine. Countries with natural resources that could make them independent of economic or military assistance, and who have governments that are truly representative, threaten the world's economic and military powerhouses. If a nation succeeds without US or US ally assistance (or Russia/Russian ally assistance), it severs the umbilical and proves that said assistance was never really necessary. That in and of itself would spark a chain reaction of, well, the truth. We can't have that now can we?

The turmoil in Syria was organized, funded, bribed, coerced, and generally caused by none other than the CIA. So all those lists of who's against whom can be consolidated into a one-liner. CIA vs any nation that threatens to succeed.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Kali74

Darolla
This is a fabricated event, the government is trying to spin this so that our support for the FSA doesn't seem like we are supporting al qaeda, this is just pure posturing. How many news sources are indicating this even happened? And who controls those news sources?

Considering that from the beginning there have been known factions of rebels, no... it is not made up to make the US look like we aren't supporting Al Qaeda, the article only serves as confirmation that by attacking the Syrian government we by default (in the least) end up supporting terrorists.

But Assad is already Hezbollah's handler in the region.

We could always side with the SFA and help them fight both. In my opinion the jihadists very well could be working for Assad anyway. Hes already working with Hezbollah, and what a perfect psyop to get americans not to support SFA. Watch and see if both Assad and the jihadists don't throw their combined weight against the SFA making only token photo ops against each other.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Hmmm very interesting. There are a lot hints in some comic books.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Let's not forget that Israel is elbow deep in this. They have actual vehicles and tanks there as support. They sow up wounded terrorists and sent them back to the battle field.

I don't know if Israel is an aggressor in this one or a very energetic defender. It's hard to tell the difference when the stupid rebels have fired rockets and mortars from the Golan into Israel. They've worked a little overtime in their own little ways, to try and bring Israel in more. Whatever it takes to get Damascus defeated, it seems, they'll do.

Israel itself though? Well... You'll not hear me defend the current regime running the place. He's as much a barrier to any peace as Sharon was. Although, Sharon was a real accused war criminal (Sabra and Shatila) where Bibi isn't all that for infamy. He's working on it though. Every time even kind words start being heard out of Ramallah, there is a new announcement for a settlement to be expanded or new homes added. Just enough to poison whatever meager hope there ever is.

In 2011, 400,000 Israelis were on the march in open protest over cost of living. I recall it because it overlapped with Occupy and made quite a statement of what people COULD do, if pissed and interested enough to try.

If only they could muster the same people power behind a very strong defense...but ONLY defense of their nation. I think the Israeli Government has gone where so many others have, into dark places the citizens never wanted or asked for. I just don't know how much in this though?

Assad losing is a worst case for Israel...unless someone there WANTS to use Nukes ...because the slime warheads will be enroute to Israel as soon as the Rebels can get them fired up, upon taking the sites....IMHO.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Whatever they are, I wish people would just call them, "outside terrorists from multiple nation sponsors of terror."

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

lynxpilot
I think it's even simpler than most would imagine. Countries with natural resources that could make them independent of economic or military assistance, and who have governments that are truly representative, threaten the world's economic and military powerhouses. If a nation succeeds without US or US ally assistance (or Russia/Russian ally assistance), it severs the umbilical and proves that said assistance was never really necessary. That in and of itself would spark a chain reaction of, well, the truth. We can't have that now can we?

The turmoil in Syria was organized, funded, bribed, coerced, and generally caused by none other than the CIA. So all those lists of who's against whom can be consolidated into a one-liner. CIA vs any nation that threatens to succeed.

The first part I agree with, and it is an important thought IMHO.
The second - not so simple. Knowing and hearing some people who escaped Assad before the rebellion, no. People were pushed to the very end when they had nothing to lose. The Syrian forces sometimes murdered scores of schoolchildren just to terrify parents who dared to voice critical opinions of their thugs. Then parents publicly recanted and said they were sorry and everything - if they could only have their children back. When finally someone took the courage to inquire about the children taken to the police station never to reappear, they received the following answer from the political police:

"Don't worry about your children they're all dead.
Just send us your women and you'll have new ones in no time...."

At that point, the ex-parents thought they would leave their professions and buy weapons and fight the government thugs - nothing mattered anyway any more.

I heard this narrative from a Syrian who escaped years ago, because the tyrant was THAT bad, and chose to learn our language and restart his career way before the rebellion or revolution. It was years before he dared to speak anything negative about the Tyrant, he was so fearful for years.

So the whole thing was not a staged thing done by CIA - maybe they gave them some guns after a while or helped them together but by golly, there WAS a legitimate wrath of anger we could not ever imagine mounting in ordinary folks for decades of oppression.

Plus this Alawite sect - every family had to produce at least one secret police member or military. Then they would be under checking. If you'r Alawite, it's like being born in a Party family under Stalin. You have no choice.

I mean... yes, I am against fundamentalists and Islam HAS produced the worst kinds recently ... but these thugs are supposed to be the good guys? OK, they are secular, but ... what kind of secular? Stalin was secular and so was Mao. Ceaucescu, famed dictator of Romania dragged to death in the first days of the 1989 Revolution was secular.

Did you see the empty stare of Assad, have you heard the tireless clapping? The way the "Assad supporters" dare to talk, Kim Jong Un's rallies comes to me mind... well, maybe there are less coordinated. Is this really that much better than the Wahhabi fanatics paid by our great friends, the Saudis?
One group believes in a soulless State machine, a Party with Big Brother and an all-pervasive secret police, widespread torture of the kind Westerners cannot even imagine - or perhaps in serial killer movies only, while the other are stupid fundies, killing anyone who does not convert, forcing medieval customs on people - but flaunting modern arms and tanks...

Frankly, I like neither style.
And just as you found Christians among the ranks of fighters if America was attacked, you will find Muslims on every side. Does this horrify ATS readers? Would an Arab paper carry news like "In attacked America, fanatical Christians are fighting at the barricades? - we don't want them to win, they are scary!"
Well, some of them are just nominally Muslim, but some apparently take it too seriously. For justice's sake, there's more Fundamentalists there by the numbers than in America, but there's been far more repression too...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join