It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
reply to post by Biigs
Not true. Some of us have substantial gold and (primarily)silver bullion caches. Granted, I doubt 100oz bars and up will be a regular currency, but 1oz coins and home-smelted silver coins will be a good currency when the time comes.
I may be labelled paranoid, cynical and untrusting for shunning 'the system' for all but pay-cheque deposits and bill payments, BUT, if the time comes to sell my cache for paper money because the system has been re-worked and we have stable paper money again, there will be zero taxation on the profits.
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is the current situation on the financial markets as worse than before the Lehman bankruptcy. The warning of the BIS could be the reason why the U.S. Federal Reserve decided to continue indefinitely to print money: Central banks have lost control of the debt-tide and give up.
BIS: The most powerful bank in the world announces the crash
Article translated using Google translator.
So...BIS, one of the largest financial institutions in the world, has announced impending doom?
Surely, it can't be! Didn't the stock market just break an all time record?
The BIS archives are open to the public. Under the BIS open archive rules, all records relating to the Bank's business and operational activities which are over 30 years old are available for consultation, with the exception of a limited number of records.
reply to post by Aazadan
I am just saying, if this means next year will be another +/- '08 Lehman's , than all it means is that money or assets is being transferred from one lot of people's to another. If you ever read any of Robert Kiyosaki's books, he explains it that way. If somebody lost a house, chances are someone else gained it. If some retired union workers pension just got chopped up, the money and future income is going to another individual or group.
When the stock market crashes, houses are foreclosed on, and IRA's, pensions, or insurance account are dipped into or eliminated altogether, the money that was vested there does not simply vanish into thin air. It "changed hands" so to speak, and the approximate value lost transfers into a gain somewhere else.
I believe those of us that actually give a darn about HOW the system works and not just what pleases the eye any given day should simply get with it and find out how to be on the side of the gain . It is irrelevant how many are warned or how far the message will travel, people will ignore or forget and then get bent over at crash time. Let us try not to be one of those ignorant masses, and research what it takes to be one of the few who survive it financially on the + side of the exchange.
Anyone who decides to empower themselves can then spread that plan to anyone who wants to hear it, and a new experiment begins. The money men are very efficient with their planned heists (market manipulation). It is high time we see the same patterns they do and adapt.
When in Rome and all that ....
reply to post by coldkidc
A little FYI for all the people that don't understand the world financial situation, or banks.
1) There is no one world currency, just the illusion there is all banks are controlled by one group and one fiat system.
2) There is no "Most powerful bank in the world" they are all beholding to one group
3) Money has been created out of nothing for many many years. Google is your friend look up "Fiat currency"
4) The market will go up and down whenever TPTB choose it too, because they invented the game and all of the world is playing by their rules.
5) It's just money in the end, but the reason people are so scared to lose it is because they foolishly waste most of their waking moments chasing it, then spending foolishly.
6) People have lived and survived without money before, so stop living in fear and wasting the majority of your lives chasing money.
7) Start focusing on what really matters in life like spending time and caring about the people that are close to you. Life moves very very fast and one day the only thing most people will have to remember is how much money and time they lost chasing it.
If there is any real difference between Fractional Reserve banking, and a Ponzi Scheme I'd be very grateful to have it pointed out.
reply to post by coldkidc
The time is going to come when the piper must be paid. How many more years or months will that take?
The lowest wage earners by that I mean anyone under 12 dollars an hour are not going to be able to feed and house themselves in the very near future. This is not a prediction it is a FACT.
And no amount of bail out money can stop this from happening. And don't think you are safe because you make good money because what happens when 70% of the people can no longer afford to live? It will be epic and it will shake the very foundation of this once great country.