It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIS: The most powerful bank in the world announces the crash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Definitely agree with your comment about the market being ripe for harvest!

My observation that the stock market is hitting record highs was definitely "tounge-in-cheek" since the last time it was "setting new records" like this was in 2008 right before it got smacked in the mouth.

I do have to say that I don't necessarily agree with you on the gold & silver comment but it's one of those things that could go either way - there will be no way to tell who's right until it happens.

Personally, I like commodities. They are tangible, they can be traded & they will always have some value - non-fungibles are the best such as metals, ores, etc...for obvious reasons.

It's easy to see why silver & gold would not have much value in the first chaotic days/weeks of a collapse since people are going to be more concerned about essentials for survival...but I also think that eventually a new equilibrium would be found & gold/silver have historically held an intrinsic value as money.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The keynesians may not be solely responsible for the mess but they sure as hell sped up the process. Borrow, spend, borrow, spend, borrow, spend. Its called deficit spending. As a rule of thumb you should only spend what you have or less than that. When you spend less its called a surplus.

Corporations dodge local taxation by registering their sales offshore, the really rich pay much less by investing in bonds and sending the rest to tax haven nations. The middle class has been left paying the bulk.

Add the wars to the mix. Lack of job growth due to outsourcing and automation.

Its all been planned by the elites. They eat, drink, marry, dance together at their bilderberger parties.

People are fools for believing in the two party system with all its lies. They are scared of voting for any third party.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Impending doom.... Economic Apocalypse....
Sounds, to me that the bigger questions is (because this discussion has been through the gambit every which way for the past how many years????)

What is going to break the bank ~ The preverbial "straw" to break the camals back??? Yes??? No???

SNF I just heard about this and I'm glad it's up on ATS!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is the exact "signal" I've been waiting for.

For all the people who think this whole thing is a rigged game, a deliberate crash - with the Bible used as a playbook, here is the upshot:

This is a 40 day warning (just like Jonah warned Nineveh 40 days prior to its destruction). The article came out on Sept 19, 2013. Add 40 days you get dusk Oct. 28/ day of 29, 2013 (in the Jewish manner of counting a day) which is also the 1260th day from the 63rd Shavuot, May 19, 2010 (Daniel 9's famous prophecy which I go into explanatory detail here: www.abovetopsecret.com...). Long story short, this is really serious business here.

For those that think the disaffected will get a chance to rise up, maybe, but going by the same reasoning with the 40 day warning ritual, Billy Graham is giving a "call to repent" on Nov. 7, 2013 - which means the US gets attacked on Dec. 17, 2013. And this particular date, Dec. 17, 2013, is the 1260th day before the last Shavuot, the 70th Shavuot of the Daniel 9 70 Shavuots prophecy, May 31, 2017.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Well said.

I agree that commodities are good at holding value, but its my opinion that gold/silver have no real value unless they are used to back a currency or are used as currency itself.

Considering the price of these metals, wouldn't it be wiser to invest in something that can actually be used? Like gasoline, food, clothes and other such items.

No matter what, these metals will have real value. Gold and silver are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.....if they want it at all. I'd take a cup of sugar over an ounce of gold in hard economic times.

Lastly, I am convinced we are on the verge of another gold confiscation by the government. Then your wealth will be gone........

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Takes a lot of money and labor to fund a break-away civilization.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Absolutely - if you're of the "prepper" mentality or truly planning for an economic collapse you should first & foremost spend your resources acquiring items that are necessities for survival & stability (ie. toilet paper, food, electricity, water, shelter, transportation...etc.)

There are many things that should be in front of stacking silver & gold....but if you have the necessities stocked...putting some cash into things like silver & gold is probably a safe thing to to (barring confiscation, which I think is pretty unlikely...they'll crash the paper market before they try to take physical metals from everybody - less work)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Isn't his the point though slayer???

No matter what, these metals will have real value. Gold and silver are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.....if they want it at all. I'd take a cup of sugar over an ounce of gold in hard economic times.

Metals have a "Intrinsic" (God I hope I didn't murder that spelling) value, but that value has always been placed by the banks. Inherintly "nothing" is of value, unless wanted by another, then we have a bartering or something of "intrinsic" value that's traded for such goods.

It's the biggest scheme played on the world (imho)~ Nothing costs what it does, most goods are garbage and are "cheap" for lack of cursing a better way of stating the obvious.

Sure, you can purchase: gas, dried foods, water tablets, solar panels, whatever your money will get you. In the end, minus the solar panels (which can be looted or destroyed a long with all mentioned) The rest are perishable goods. You will run out. It doesn't last forever, you only "bought" yourself "time" from the innevitable. When those goods are gone and you have "nothing" to trade, what then? Do you have skills that are "worth" a barter?

In economic burst, the skills you have (minus your bought time) is the only way you'll get anything. And if you only know how to shovel facathta... Don't expect much from a barter~

What do you think, Slayer?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

AsarAlubat
Yup.. looks like a good time to invest in Gold and Silver...

Jmbullion, here I come.

-AA

Gold and silver investments are a fraud. Their value is still based on manipulated market prices and if it comes to a SHTF scenarion.....I'll take a roll of toilet paper of a chunk of gold.

I agree, you can't eat gold. Gold and silver are only worth what someone is willing to pay/give you for it. Since you can't DO anything WITH the metal (unless you know how to make electronics or jewelry) -- it's basically worthless in a SHTF situation.

Learning a skill or trade that can be bartered for things like food is worth 1,000 times it weight in gold/silver. Can you fix a radio? How about work on a generator? Do you know how to cultivate crops? Can you reload ammunition? Those are examples of things that are worth more than any gold or silver.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I completely agree - skills & knowledge are a significant part of your "true value"...even in regular pre-apocalyptic every day life.

In an economic collapse & even just during "extremely lean times" most people will not suffer the "useless eater" - you have to be able to contribute.

I've tried to spend my time learning new skills whenever possible - for example: I am in the construction business by trade but I also enjoy working on cars in my free time along with a little gun-smithing & trying to build a good general knowledge base.
edit on 20-9-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That outstanding to hear! I myself am the same way.

I've learned to weld, machining, carpentry, flooring (all applications), general wrenching on cars (nothing to fancy), and currently I'm going to school for Engineering (stationary engineer), I don't know much about electrical or boilers, heating and a/c but I am learning it now... My Engineering endevour w/ school is by far the best time I've had "learning" too.... Weird I was never a school/book "type" of guy...

For some reason, life has always had me learning and when I've learned everything I could, something else has always presented itself for me to learn.

Part of me hopes that the economy holds until I finish my training.... #wishfull thinking..... lol~

I'm happy to hear there are others out there with the same mentality that I have!

edit on 20-9-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That's ok, I think people are pretty tired of the current monetary system now anyway. Its so.... yesterday

Funny thing to consider though, this monetary system has not made any sense since it stopped being backed by gold. BUT they have been allowed to continue doing what they want because all they had to do was create a nice story to convince us to keep using that lil piece of paper. Now, if there is an American who is not educated and able to read the news its an oddity. Knowledge is freedom. Maybe this is just the aches and pains that come with change. I cant wait to see what system develops next.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

AsarAlubat

Jmbullion, here I come.

-AA

I've all but given up on precious and semi precious metals for now. The two metals that I am investing in are brass and copper.
Invest in things that are useful and have a long term shelf life, they will get you more bang for your buck so to speak when it comes time to barter.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

SpaDe_

AsarAlubat

Jmbullion, here I come.

-AA

I've all but given up on precious and semi precious metals for now. The two metals that I am investing in are brass and copper.
Invest in things that are useful and have a long term shelf life, they will get you more bang for your buck so to speak when it comes time to barter.

That's only if you physically have the goods. Paper metals are worthless. In a true collapse, the paper will be labeled invalid. Whoever possesses it will own it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I agree, and I'd be happy for SpaDe to lose his "investment" and be left with useless bits of paper.
"Buying" something you don't need, and won't use, just to make a "profit" (at someone else's expense) elevates someone who is merely greedy, to the status of parasite.

mistersmith.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I haven't had a chance to read the whole speech but, for those of you who want to break it down, it can be found here:

www.bis.org...

enjoy

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks Crakeur!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Let it all crash. They can't kill all of us when there is a worldwide, massive revolution. Weed out the bad and start over.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Not true. Some of us have substantial gold and (primarily)silver bullion caches. Granted, I doubt 100oz bars and up will be a regular currency, but 1oz coins and home-smelted silver coins will be a good currency when the time comes.

I may be labelled paranoid, cynical and untrusting for shunning 'the system' for all but pay-cheque deposits and bill payments, BUT, if the time comes to sell my cache for paper money because the system has been re-worked and we have stable paper money again, there will be zero taxation on the profits.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Beavers

isn't this the exact reason we have inflation? so that they can keep printing more dollars and inflating it's value?

I think the doom pedalling is merely there to make us worry more about what would happen if it wasn't there than complain about them actually doing it.

Inflation doesn't INFLATE a currencies value, it deflates it. Inflation is when more money is in circulation, so it's valuation goes down. It's lose lose...

The only thing printing more money does is make the people with true wealth ( not paper money) more wealthy, while those who are stuck with the paper money and paper money wages get the losing end of the stick as PRICES of goods INFLATE...

JAden

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join