It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIS: The most powerful bank in the world announces the crash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is the current situation on the financial markets as worse than before the Lehman bankruptcy. The warning of the BIS could be the reason why the U.S. Federal Reserve decided to continue indefinitely to print money: Central banks have lost control of the debt-tide and give up.

BIS: The most powerful bank in the world announces the crash

Article translated using Google translator.

For anyone not familiar with BIS - it is the Bank for International Settlements and there is an old thread I found that has some useful information if anyone would like to familiarize themselves with it.

The Bank for International Settlements Thread

Quarterly report:
BIS - Quarterly report - PDF

Original source link:
BIZ: Die mächtigste Bank der Welt kündigt den Crash an

So...BIS, one of the largest financial institutions in the world, has announced impending doom?
Surely, it can't be! Didn't the stock market just break an all time record?

Thought this was newsworthy & didn't see it posted yet.

Most of the people who have been paying attention already know that the current pace of credit is unsustainable.

The credit bubble WILL eventually burst - most financial professionals & analysts at least acknowledge that.

We cannot continue the easy credit & free money of the last decade & the question of systemic collapse at this point is really "when" - not "if".

One thing I am pretty sure of is that when that time does come Bernanke sure as hell isn't going to be able to do anything to stop it.

Good luck America - Good luck World.
edit on 20-9-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Well sooner later headlines will read "Civil Unrest has intensified with the demise of the US dollar"

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The time is going to come when the piper must be paid. How many more years or months will that take?

The lowest wage earners by that I mean anyone under 12 dollars an hour are not going to be able to feed and house themselves in the very near future. This is not a prediction it is a FACT.

And no amount of bail out money can stop this from happening. And don't think you are safe because you make good money because what happens when 70% of the people can no longer afford to live? It will be epic and it will shake the very foundation of this once great country.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This has been on the table for years the only part that surprises me is how long the financial "elite" have managed to stave of a complete collapse while embezzling such a huge amount of money.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

coldkidc
So...BIS, one of the largest financial institutions in the world, has announced impending doom?
Surely, it can't be! Didn't the stock market just break an all time record?

Business has never been better for most.

No ones got any real actual money to spend on anything though.

It just a matter of time as those in work struggle more and more to cover all the things they have to cover on their ever reducing check (the things you can buy with your pay check, not the figure).

Business will win in the end, but with no one that can afford to get to work to do their jobs, all thats really going to happen is a collapse and reset.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

isn't this the exact reason we have inflation? so that they can keep printing more dollars and inflating it's value?

I think the doom pedalling is merely there to make us worry more about what would happen if it wasn't there than complain about them actually doing it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

From Moonsouljah's 2009 thread:

Here Are The G30 Members:

Paul A. Volcker
Chairman of the Board of Trustees

Timothy F. Geithner

-------------------------------------------

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Dont worry folks, A good world war will sort out the mess, its been tried and tested during WW1 and WW2, always a safe bet.

And the big plus is not one of the main players will be affected!

Syria anyone?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Oh well, i guess the "Have not's" better start thinking about eating the "have's"....ok, who looks ripe for harvesting..?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"Sven says:
Sven says: I've only skimmed the article - pure scaremongering. And not by the BIS but by German-economic nachrichten.de. Pretty irresponsible! But the headline: "BIS announces the most powerful bank in the world to crash" is nonsense. Neither the BIS is a bank in the traditional sense, and certainly not the most powerful (BIS can not move like a Fed, ECB and BoJ markets). Also would like a crash in the excellent analysis of the BIS never announced anything yet central regulations are issued. The interpretation of German-economic nachrichten.de that "According to the current situation is more dangerous than before the Lehman bankruptcy" is more absurd. The situation escalated in 2008 because of the Lehman bankruptcy. Into account in the assessment of the situation taken of only a code ("Leveraged Loans") and questionable conclusions, not evidence of good journalism. Another sad "treats": German-economic nachrichten.de writes: "BIS and World Bank are the main global instances that determine the economic development of the world (more on this spooky braid - here). Both banks, together with the IMF, theoretically, the task of monitoring the central banks' BIS and World Bank have completely different tasks and the World Bank has nothing -. Absolutely nothing - to do with Banking Supervision (the IMF, moreover, do not!). In "spooky braid" I had to laugh - just sad that people may believe something from the article.

I'll go with Sven on this one...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

article also found on before its news, godlikeproduction and sites of that ilk.

______beforeitsnews/economy/2013/09/bis-the-most-powerful-bank-in-the-world-announces-the-crash-2554518.html

what does this mean?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Are you sure it is the safest bet?

Do you have any personal opinions about BIS? Do you have any knowledge about BIS?

AFAIK, BIS > any banking entity in USA for example.

Face value... should not be trusted in the age of them internets.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Beavers

isn't this the exact reason we have inflation? so that they can keep printing more dollars and inflating it's value?

I think the doom pedalling is merely there to make us worry more about what would happen if it wasn't there than complain about them actually doing it.

what?

Inflation is the result of printing more dollars it is not "so we can print more dollars." That's backwards.
inflation refers to the number of dollars inflating. The direct result being The value goes DOWN. This is not good. Basically anyone holding US dollars is losing money. Anyone who is lending money is in bad shape. Anyone who is just getting by wont be in the future.

That being said I don't know about this article. The grammar of the translation is too poor. It didn't seem to have many facts in it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

We don't even need their money, no currency at all, everyone just thinks we do.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

The pdf file (Quarterly Review) is an interesting read & as far as I can tell is the actual quarterly review issued for September 2013 by BIS...it's not a very rosy picture

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yup.. looks like a good time to invest in Gold and Silver...

Jmbullion, here I come.

-AA

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
In my opinion, the market is about ready for harvest.

They have driven the prices up, the value of everything up and all they have to do is crash it....so they can swoop in and buy everything dirt cheap.

Wealth consolidation.....that's all it is.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

AsarAlubat
Yup.. looks like a good time to invest in Gold and Silver...

Jmbullion, here I come.

-AA

Gold and silver investments are a fraud. Their value is still based on manipulated market prices and if it comes to a SHTF scenarion.....I'll take a roll of toilet paper of a chunk of gold.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So, the former chief economist of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), William White, says that the current situation is much more dangerous than before the Lehman bankruptcy because:

The share of "leveraged loans" or the extreme form of credit risk by mid-2013 at an all time high of 45 percent. This is ten percentage points higher than at the height of the financial crisis in 2007. A year later, in September 2008, Lehman Brothers went bankrupt.

Yah, no s***.

Its pretty simple isn't it? As Ron Paul has said, "you can't get out of a debt problem by accumulating more debt" aka "stimulus" or "quantitative easing".

So why is it so difficult for government to understand?

Or is it that they dont want to fix the system, that this is by design?

edit on 20-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In my language BIS is like an Encore ... So, the name of the Bank, is literally screaming of irony in concern to the economic collapse (the continuation of it, for that matter).
edit on 20-9-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join